The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Here is another perspective: the editor of The Lanclet (probably the number one medical journal in the world) calls Trump's decision "a crime against humanity".
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :)) Funniest post of the day {[] ( 1748 )
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I'm taking a break from this thread. (and that's saying something considering my history with it)
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I'm taking a break from this thread. (and that's saying something considering my history with it)
    Enjoy your downtime number 24
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Recharge your Batteries and come back Fighting.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Anyone denying that the WHO is an intensely political organization that overly bows to the Chinese government (IMO, one of the most detestable on the planet) is not paying attention. And I have to wonder how much the US withholding funding will really impact its ongoing work on Covid-19. I'm sure its apologists will continue their doomsday shouting.

That said, anyone denying that the Trump-opotamus is doing this for anything other than cynical political reasons (i.e., to get reelected) is also not paying attention. He is scum of the lowest order.

There are no good guys in this one -- only phonies and narcissists. This is our sad world right now.
    Hilly...you old devil!
    Anyone denying that the WHO is an intensely political organization that overly bows to the Chinese government (IMO, one of the most detestable on the planet) is not paying attention. And I have to wonder how much the US withholding funding will really impact its ongoing work on Covid-19. I'm sure its apologists will continue their doomsday shouting.

That said, anyone denying that the Trump-opotamus is doing this for anything other than cynical political reasons (i.e., to get reelected) is also not paying attention. He is scum of the lowest order.

There are no good guys in this one -- only phonies and narcissists. This is our sad world right now.
    So very true, its remarkable in this day and age such goings ons happen at all.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/cnn-publishes-chinese-propaganda-praising-china-degrading-the-u-s-navy
    CNN publishes Chinese propaganda praising China, degrading the US Navy...... Yea, the Media isn't biased :D
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited April 2020
    Evidence that CNN is biased??

The criticized article begins with

„A Chinese naval flotilla headed into the Pacific over the weekend, evidence that the People's Liberation Army Navy has done a much better job controlling coronavirus than the US Navy, according to a story posted on the PLA's English-language website.“

https://web.archive.org/web/20200413110805/https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/13/asia/china-coronavirus-aircraft-carrier-deployment-dp-hnk-intl/index.html

The rest is nitpicking and trying to build up something that did not really happen.

Just pathetic....
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Number24 wrote:
    "When somebody is the president of the United States, the authority is total. And that's the way it's got to be."
    - Donald Trump

He also belives he has the right to influence the outcome of court trials and he Calls the press "the enemy of the people".

Ask yourself: If you saw these statements before Trump became president, would you think these were the Words of an US president or some dictator?
    Next question: If Obama or Hillary Clinton had said it, would it be OK or terrifying? If it's terrifying when one person says it's also vdery wrong if Trump says it.

While the WHO story is important, I'm surprised no-one has commented on this. I'm horrified, and I'm not even American.
    Nice to see you back, refreshed and
    Ready to continue the good fight N24.
    Thanks.
    What are your thoughts about the Trump quote above?
    I'd just like to make a point about WHO

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/21/robert-mugabe-made-goodwill-ambassador-world-health-organisation/

They once made Robert Mugabe an
    Ambassador for them. You know that
    Lovely warm and friendly humanitarian :))
    So keeping in with corrupt dictators
    Is a standard operating procedure
    With them. :))
    Do you really think these are the reason Trump don't like the WHO?
    No but it shows as an organization
    It has some very odd ideas. Like
    Letting China off its responsibilities.
    It's though ethical question for the WHO: do you make a stand against totalitarian regimes if you risk losing eccess to those countries?
    Once you've comprised your principles
    Enough, you're no longer helping people,
    But just helping yourself.
    Nice try telling only half of the story....

One day later:

Robert Mugabe removed as WHO goodwill ambassador after outcry

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/22/robert-mugabe-removed-as-who-goodwill-ambassador-after-outcry

Once you've comprised your principles
    Enough, you're no longer helping people,
    But just helping yourself.

Just because you stay away from questioning dictators doesn't mean you're not supplying medicine and medical staff to sick people.
    Is it moral to take a clear stand against all dictators if it means you can't help many People in need?
    What is really sad is that those who feel free to join the canon of WHO bashing are the ones who massively benefitted in the past decades from the great work that the WHO offered.

They benefitted with improved health - for themselfs, for their families, cities, nations and continents.

And let me repeat: The WHO as flawed as it may be, it needed most NOW!
    The virus will spread in Africa, India and other parts of the poor world and the WHO are the only ones who may be able to help these poor people.

Cutting funding (for simply political own gain) is crazy!

When this pandemia is over, it will be the right time to discuss reforming the WHO.

They only asked Mugabe to stand down
    AFTER the outcry, until then they ( like
    Yourself, I guess) were fine with it .
    So now in your hatred of Trump you're
    Aligning yourself with the CCP and
    Robert Mugabe :))
    When did anyone here say they're fine with Mugabe? Please use quotes.
    I am waiting for a mod to step in before I give a reply to this nonsense.
    Trying to rile me up is against forum etiquette and won‘t work with me

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    Ok, I'll step in. Thread closed. Again.
    Re-opened. Again.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    I give it a day ;)
    Optimist.
    Instead of being a pespimist about this thread I wonder if Biden regrets saying his VP candidate will be a woman. Not that there's anything wrong about women, but perhaps he wishes he could name Andrew Cuoma. He's very much the man of the hour, isn't he?
    20200416-191739.jpg
    I'm no expert, so I'll have to ask: Is it better or worse than what he has today? And can someone please do the same thing for Bernie? :))
This discussion has been closed.