The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Once again I agree, The Dems were all for the Metoo movement and Believe women....
    ... Until Joe !!! Then it became Believe Joe :D ( I'm sure the Donald was the same ) ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    We must remember the presidential candidates grew up in a different time when sexual politics was more relaxed. I'm of course speaking about the 1990's (assuming Trump ever grew up :v )
    I'm watching old episodes of "Unhappily ever after" on the net. Every single time Nikki Cox walks on set the wearing clothes designed to attract sailors the audience cheer and wolf whistle, and she was jsut 19 at the time. When you talk to young people today tehy'd never belive this was family entertainment back in the good old days ....
    Once again I agree, The Dems were all for the Metoo movement and Believe women....
    ... Until Joe !!! Then it became Believe Joe :D ( I'm sure the Donald was the same ) ;)

It's also a relief how the corona virus can't infect people if they are on a Trump rally or a Black Lives Matter demonstration while cinemas and conserts can kill you :))
    You clearly haven't heard about the film "Cuties" to be shown by Netflix
    about Twerking 11yr old girls :o .. this is a New film not something from
    the 80s or 90s, Like many I feel this is a sneaky way to get Pedophilia
    accepted by the public, explaining it away as " Art", after all how many
    Politicians and actors have made trips to Jeffrey Epstein's " Lolita Island "
    and the trafficking of young girls.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I've been spared the sight of 11 year olds twerking, but once a group of 12 year olds tried to talk me into twerking :))
    I "may" be stupid, but not that stupid. Funnily enough, two of the kids could dance pretty well (but not twerking as far as I know ...)

1472462442?quality=70&format=auto
    Is that Norway's Jedward ? :))
    As far as I know they haven't sold their souls yet, but yes ....
    edited August 2020
    :)) Give it time. In Ireland Jedward have gotten in to a twitter argument with
    Jim Corr over wearing face masks. ( He doesn't think it's a good idea )

On Ireland and stupid politicians etc..... the Oireachtas ( Irish Parliment ) Golf club
    held their annual Dinner, with around 80 people in attendance ! .... No one thought
    this might be a bad idea, given how they've stopped people going to Weddings,
    Funerals and family meetings.
    Not Surprisingly, the public is outraged and calling for heads to roll :D some
    have already resigned over it.
    I haven't talked to the twins in years, so for all I know they may be very hard to like by now. But what are we doing?
    We should be talking politics, hating each other and deciding never to talk again. We're doing it wrong!
    :)) I've added a bit about Irish politics....... so let the hatred begin :p
    No-one cares about Irish politics unless you blow something up....
    :)) ain't that the truth :D

By the way we seem to be the only two here tonight. Soon I'll be making a bit of toast
    and off to bed ;)
    The same rule applies to Norwegian politics too.
    After the two national conventions it is striking how different the American and the Norwegian (European?) party conventions are. Here party national conventions are mostly political workshops. The party's regions have beforehand had conventions where they vote on topical questions and perhaps pass new suggestions. Then they meet nationally and discuss and vote on what the party's politics should be. Sometimes there is a leadership change, but that's a vote on who will carry out the party's policy, not who's policy the party will back.
    In America the national conventions look like big promos for the candidate they usually have picked beforehand. When was the last time policy was decided in an American national convention?
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    „Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’“

When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true.

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/trump-americans-who-died-at-war-are-losers-and-suckers/615997/
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    I think that story is only confirmed by two newspapers, but given Trump's comments about Senator Macain's war service it's not unlikely.
    What I can confirm is that I witnessed two experienced teachers discussing Trump. They greed tyhat based on what they had witnessed, Trump's personality and maturity is comparable to a 12 year old boy with serious behaviour issues.
    I'm sensing Trump Derangement
    Symptom is strong here. :p :D
    Yes it is. I tend to dislike leaders who lie a lot and think they can chose not to respect the results of elctions.
    Well that's all world leaders then :D
    This might be a shock but they
    All Lie ;)
    Many of them lie sometimes. Almost all are careful not to lie too often and at least not to tell lies lies that he/she knows will be easily exposed. For example Clinton lied about having sex with an intern. He lied because admiting to it would have a lot of consequenses. He also knew there was a good chance he wouldn't get caught.
    Trump doesn't care. He used to say his father was born in Sweden even though he was born in New York. Why? Maybe he thought it sounded cool or he wanted to please someone. He knew it was easy to prove this was a lie, but he didn't care. He did stop saying his father was from Sweden. We don't know why, perhaps he thought the people he most wanted to please and get the attention of didn't like Sweden anymore? Then he started saying his father was from Germany :)) :))
    There are of course lots of more important lies Trump lies about, but this is a good illustration of how Trump lies just for the attention and what he thinks people want to hear and neither he or his supporters care if it's clearly untrue.

And can you think of any other US presidents or leaders of democratic nations who belive it's their choise not to step down if they lose the election? Trump is not like any other politician. He is far worse.
    I'll say one thing for Trump, you
    Have to go back before Regan to
    Find a Prez who hasn't started a
    War, in fact Trump is pulling troops
    Out.
    I'd like to state I neither love or hate
    Trump, but do find it funny the sheer
    Venom he can raise in some people.
    I find him quite funny, and his
    Insults are fantastic.
    Trump hasn't started any wars, but he came pretty close with North Korea. I fear it was mostly luck that stopped that from becomeing a war. And did Clinton start any wars? What happened in Mogadishu wasn't a war, it was a peace keeping operation gone wrong. He should have interfered in Rwanda, but didn't. The only full on war he got involved in was in the Balkans and that one actually turned out pretty well.

Pulling out like Trump does isn't always a good thing. He pulled the US forces out of north Iraq, stabbing their best allies in the region in the back (Kurds), giving Assad and the Russians what they wanted and in true Trump style created chaos.

One of the things Trump doesn't understand is that sometimes interfering is in interest of the US, but it has to be smartly done. Ex-Yugoslavia is an example of this being done well, invading Iraq is an example of doing it very badly.
    I think you'll find the Catholic
    Church has always advised
    " pulling out " ;)
    :))
    Higgins wrote:
    „Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’“

When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true.

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/trump-americans-who-died-at-war-are-losers-and-suckers/615997/

Fox News correspondent Jennifer Griffin confirms the story.
    She has 2 sources that confirm that the conversation happened like that.

AP and Washington Post also confirm.

There is nothing more Trustworthy than " Anonymous Sources " two years after the
    event and only sixty days before an election 8-)

I don't know if this or true or not, But the timing is very convenient. Sometimes Politics
    is about reading between the lines, and not following the baying mob ;)
    Even in an interview John Bolton ( No friend of Trump ) has said it never happened.
    I agree. In my opinion there's so much horrible stuff Trump has said and done that's easily priovable because it happened in front of cameras or he posted it on Twitter, so I tend not to care too much the anonymous sourses.
    edited September 2020
    Trump just said today, that he never called John Mc Cain a loser and this is all on tape!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k1ajHAeXMU

This “suckers and losers“ talk is Trump 100% - that John Kelly has not defended Trump while Trump prematurely discredited Kelly today speaks for itself!

If John Kelly comes out and says that it has never happened - it hasn‘t - so I am waiting what he has to say to that topic!

Not sure about Bolton denying it - I haven‘t seen this yet.
    What I am reading from Bolton is:
    I didn’t hear that,” Mr. Bolton said in an interview. “I’m not saying he didn’t say them later in the day or another time, but I was there for that discussion.”

Anonymous Sources are like that because Trump‘s and the GOP mudmachine destroys everybody who comes in their way.

And if I understand correctly, The Atlantic, Griffin and Ap know the sources personally, they just won‘t name them now.
    It‘s not that someone makes an anonymous call and the magazines print it verbatim.

The "suckers and losers" comment is very much Trump's style and so is denying something he knows is on tape, but I don't see the story as a proven fact.
This discussion has been closed.