Biggest Prop I Ever Purchased

Comments

• RAINbowTRAILRAINbowTRAIL AmsterdamPosts: 77MI6 Agent
    Nice! :007)
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    As far as a personalized plate I have chose something rather subtle except to the more than casual Bond fan....
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    DUBL_OH wrote:
    I don't want to hijack this thread, but a few have requested pics. I wouldn't say that it is the prettiest... 163K miles -Nick D
    FB_IMG_1509925225428.jpg

FB_IMG_1509925234168.jpg

FB_IMG_1509925247426.jpg

Fantastic my man! Loved all the pics. Probably the most iconic Bond car from my childhood. Very cool that you went old school. Classic man! :007)
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    I met a guy in the mid-90s whose licence plate said "X-FILES".

Never run across a Bond related plate.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Those sorts of plates are OK. As are personal plates on regular cars. But putting your name on a supercar is just crass. It just makes a cool car, a tools car.

I agree.

But there is a proper way to do it. Something like BMT216A or TT37820 are subtle but far more special. Only true Bond fans will know.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Those sorts of plates are OK. As are personal plates on regular cars. But putting your name on a supercar is just crass. It just makes a cool car, a tools car.

I agree.

But there is a proper way to do it. Something like BMT216A or TT37820 are subtle but far more special. Only true Bond fans will know.

Yeah, it has to be subtle, if at all.
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

I agree.

Yeah, it has to be subtle, if at all.
    i can only agree. :))
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    My dbs plate is a nod to Bond via the 700 (007 if you look in your rear view) and my sons initials, after his medical fights through his first year it has great meaning to me...

DSC_1236.jpg
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    edited November 2017
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    My dbs plate is a nod to Bond via the 700 (007 if you look in your rear view) and my sons initials, after his medical fights through his first year it has great meaning to me...

DSC_1236.jpg
    His and his matching plates - I like it! :007)

Sadly I am at the stage I life with my son where I have gone from Cool to drool, it will pass when he breaks out of his teens!

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent
    Conggratulations David! Every Bond fans dream is to own an Aston Martin, thanks for inspiring! and also the AJB members that own their own AM -{ Congrats too and Thank you for inspiring us all here in this forum
    Yes i did ride the CAT
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    *Clearly* the license plate needs to be AJB007 {[]
    *Clearly* the license plate needs to be AJB007 {[]
    That's a great guess! Or it could be TBE007
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

DSC_1236.jpg
    Very nice. {[]
    I expect my vehicle(s) will have more meaning to the fam when I am not around. And after they learn to drive something manual!
  • AufingerFanAufingerFan USAPosts: 51MI6 Agent
    I, too, have joined the AM Owners club. Just could not resist any longer- not a true Bond color, but it is a thing of beauty...

I expect to be parking it in the garage this coming Monday afternoon, after taking delivery and driving the first tank of gas out of it!

353e14a055112daa7ae326f1c60b1f3e.jpg

38999078bda06afd6376a672f4285d41.jpg

6dec6fe60b0b199f4a5562b95fef730b.jpg
    AuH2Ofan wrote:
    I, too, have joined the AM Owners club. Just could not resist any longer- not a true Bond color, but it is a thing of beauty...

I expect to be parking it in the garage this coming Monday afternoon, after taking delivery and driving the first tank of gas out of it!

353e14a055112daa7ae326f1c60b1f3e.jpg

38999078bda06afd6376a672f4285d41.jpg

6dec6fe60b0b199f4a5562b95fef730b.jpg
    They are clearly infectious. And you wil love it. Bet you don't switch the radio on for months. It sounds too good!
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Anyone own a V12 1st gen Vanquish?
    Now that is a thing of beauty.
    Wish it could be possible to update its interior to DBS-spec but it seriously one of the prettiest cars to have come out of a production line.
    a reasonable rate of return
    Lsaj29_Mc.jpg

Some new pics now that she is home....

IMG_7249.jpg

IMG_7250.jpg

IMG_7256.jpg
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Lsaj29_Mc.jpg

-{ -{ -{
    Mr Mantis, out of curiosity, did you hesitate between the DB9 and the Vantage?
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    I just want to see how you’re going to get it in your basement
    Nah, always wanted the Vantage....
    The Mantis wrote:
    Nah, always wanted the Vantage....

DC's choice -{ -{ -{
    The Mantis wrote:
    I can see your really enjoying this David. It's especially gratifying when they are dreams you never allowed yourself to believe could come true, and then they do. I appreciate mine every day and they are a permanent fixture in the family now. {[]
    edited November 2017
    Agree... Dreams realised are so much sweeter.

Tungsten is a classic colour for the v8v in particular (Ive had 2)... Still think the 06/07 unaltered shape v8v is the best Vantage look, my 13 model was too added too... :x

Defo. Once Astons get under your skin its hard to imagine life without one...
    Longest i've gone without one in the last 10 years was 3 months, Sar virtually drove me to the dealer to get another as she was sick of my :#

Perhaps an ajb007 Aston meetup is in order???

Heres an up close pic of quantum...

And another of the dbs :))

DSC_1259.jpg
    DSC_1210.jpg

007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Agree... Once Astons get under your skin its hard to imagine life without one...
    Longest i've gone without one in the last 10 years was 3 months, Sar virtually drove me to the dealer to get another as she was sick of my :#

DSC_1259.jpg
    DSC_1210.jpg
    Ladies always know what's good for you. My wife insisted on the Aston and Norton with me. :x And she was right they have given me a lot of joy.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

You'd never guess that you were a massive Jason Bourne fan, would you? :D
  • AufingerFanAufingerFan USAPosts: 51MI6 Agent
    David- Absolutely stunning! It certainly fits you.
    The Mantis wrote:
    Gorgeous!
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Agree... Dreams realised are so much sweeter.

Tungsten is a classic colour for the v8v in particular (Ive had 2)... Still think the 06/07 unaltered shape v8v is the best Vantage look, my 13 model was too added too... :x

Defo. Once Astons get under your skin its hard to imagine life without one...

DSC_1259.jpg
    DSC_1210.jpg