Biggest Prop I Ever Purchased

Comments

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Commandant wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Commandant wrote:

Interesting... He also owns a red Vantage convertible?

Yep UK based
    At his East Yorkshire pad

You are well informed :)

He used the same main dealer as me for servicing. A couple of years back he had collected his the day before I was getting mine serviced. Damn!!!
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Commandant wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Yep UK based
    At his East Yorkshire pad

He used the same main dealer as me for servicing. A couple of years back he had collected his the day before I was getting mine serviced. Damn!!!

You will have other opportunities, I'm sure.
    I was buying the other day a pair of Crockett & Jones in London and bumped into Pierce Brosnan.
    He is really a nice person!
    He took a sheet of paper and draw something for me as a souvenir :)
    Commandant wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Commandant wrote:

I was buying the other day a pair of Crockett & Jones in London and bumped into Pierce Brosnan.

He is a very humble guy. I was walking down Madison Av (NYC trip abt 2010) and saw this guy, probs abt 200 yards away, brown leather coat and white jeans but the stance told me it was PB. I turned to Sarah and said thats Pierce Brosnan coming towards us, yeah right, no it is, a lovely lady next to us turned, and said, sure it is, he gets his haircut every Friday morning round the corner.
    Sure enough it was.
    We shook hands and I awkwardly showed him my Omega Seamaster. He feigned "impressedness" and kissed Sar and moved on. Very surreal but memorable life moment.
    Top guy

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Commandant wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

He is a very humble guy. I was walking down Madison Av (NYC trip abt 2010) and saw this guy, probs abt 200 yards away, brown leather coat and white jeans but the stance told me it was PB. I turned to Sarah and said thats Pierce Brosnan coming towards us, yeah right, no it is, a lovely lady next to us turned, and said, sure it is, he gets his haircut every Friday morning round the corner.
    Sure enough it was.
    We shook hands and I awkwardly showed him my Omega Seamaster. He feigned "impressedness" and kissed Sar and moved on. Very surreal but memorable life moment.
    Top guy
    When I was in Malibu way back in 2004 I saw a silver Aston Martin Vanquish driving down the street. Of course it could've been anybody but I like to think it was Pierce!
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Commandant wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Sure enough it was.
    Top guy

He is very accessible and a real gentleman.
    He takes time to talk to people.
    These are indeed memorable moments -{
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Commandant wrote:

Sure enough it was.
    Top guy
    When I was in Malibu way back in 2004 I saw a silver Aston Martin Vanquish driving down the street. Of course it could've been anybody but I like to think it was Pierce!

I thought for a second that he took you for a ride in his Vanquish :)
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Commandant wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Sure enough it was.
    Top guy

I thought for a second that he took you for a ride in his Vanquish :)
    Which, considering it's now smoke and dust, would be a once in a lifetime experience being driven around by Mr Bond.
    Of course, being ejected is also part of the full experience.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • GruselmannGruselmann Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Hey David,
    congratulations on getting that awesome car!
    by the way: what are those shoes? They look great.
    Nice personalised replacement sill plaques for my 50th birthday.

My Uncle sourced them and after a few designs settled on this for my Quantum Silver DBS.

Arrived today. Beautifully made and fit perfectly...

Originals

DSC_1510.jpg

DSC_1511.jpg

New ones with a nod to Qofs

DSC_1513.jpg

If anyone wants some doing for their Aston (you can send ideas and graphics to him and he just sends you proofs for you to choose from) he does them at about a fifth of what AM charge, and ships internationally...

Pm me for his contact details...

• Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Reminds me of the Vanquish plaques Brosnan had on his before its untimely burn-out.

They look great!
    a reasonable rate of return
    Definitely a Qofs theme to my 50th presents
    Greene Party TF suit from Mrs R
    Plaques
    And now some artwork from my best buddy with loads of personal details, 68 dob family initials etc
    Can you spot them???

IMG-20180309-_WA0008.jpg

IMG-20180309-_WA0007.jpg

IMG-20180309-_WA0004.jpg

IMG-20180309-_WA0005.jpg

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    That artwork is fantastic {[] congratulations
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Ben is a tattooiat by trade but also "doodles" in his words

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Love the plates and that artwork is incredibly well done! Surprised he didn't swap out and put Bond riding a certain number 46 Yamaha though ;) Happy birthday mate -{
  • AufingerFanAufingerFan USAPosts: 51MI6 Agent
    Had my Vantage S out the other day for a rinse-off of the pollen... Just had to take her out for a drive afterwards!

Love the idea of David equipping his AM Vantage with the BMT 216 license plate. Trying to think of what might be an appropriate Bond reference for this car since, as best I recall, a Vantage never made an appearance as a Bond car. Any suggestions?

IMG_3835.jpg

IMG_3837.jpg
  • Gebruder GumboldGebruder Gumbold San FranciscoPosts: 541MI6 Agent
    Well done, David!
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Aston Ownership.
    Ah, the days of polishing your treasure...
    The weight that you will lose from the extra cardio that you will d, having to park so far away from your destination, as not to get a door ding....
    The oil that suddenly appears on your best slacks....
    The pride in being part of the most cherished and beloved heritage of all time!

Please join the AMOC, there are many wonderful people, like AJB, and events to go on.

Will you be going on the OHMSS50 tour?
    Would love to meet you there!
    If I can bring my DBS, I would like to re-enact the Palacio Arrival, and perhaps do a beach punch up...

Cheers, Tom
    OHMSSDBS.com
    palaciofin17.jpg
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    ... since, as best I recall, a Vantage never made an appearance as a Bond car. Any suggestions?

Beautiful car, AufingerFan -{

The V8V made an appearance as Timothy Dalton’s Aston in The Living Daylights:

42397_D71-_BBFB-4687-8105-3_E758_F157_CCB.jpg
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

My Uncle sourced them and after a few designs settled on this for my Quantum Silver DBS.

Originals

DSC_1510.jpg

DSC_1511.jpg

DSC_1513.jpg

If anyone wants some doing for their Aston (you can send ideas and graphics to him and he just sends you proofs for you to choose from) he does them at about a fifth of what AM charge, and ships internationally...

happy birthday and congrats on the artwork and plates. Those are very thoughtful gifts.

Please pm details for the sills and I will look into that.
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    Had my Vantage S out the other day for a rinse-off of the pollen... Just had to take her out for a drive afterwards!

Love the idea of David equipping his AM Vantage with the BMT 216 license plate. Trying to think of what might be an appropriate Bond reference for this car since, as best I recall, a Vantage never made an appearance as a Bond car. Any suggestions?

IMG_3835.jpg

IMG_3837.jpg

Yellow pollen time here too. Join the BMT club! Works on V12s too. I secretly think DB10 AGB Would look pretty good to though.

image.jpg
    ExpatJB wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Originals

DSC_1510.jpg

DSC_1511.jpg

DSC_1513.jpg

happy birthday and congrats on the artwork and plates. Those are very thoughtful gifts.

Please pm details for the sills and I will look into that.

Sent you Tonys email address

007JBDCMWR wrote:

Originals

DSC_1510.jpg

DSC_1511.jpg

DSC_1513.jpg

This is really cool.
    If I manage to source one, I will PM you -{
  • AufingerFanAufingerFan USAPosts: 51MI6 Agent
    Excellent detective work, C&D, I stand corrected. Interestingly, in the 'James Bond Encyclopedia' by John Cork and Collin Stutz, they call the AM in TLD a Volante, not a Vantage. Of course, I believe AM is a better source of the model than others. Maybe Volante was just a model type in the Vantage line?
    ... since, as best I recall, a Vantage never made an appearance as a Bond car. Any suggestions?

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Hoping to be able to go to ohmss event! And so far the car has been a blast.
    Well done, David!
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Aston Ownership.
    Ah, the days of polishing your treasure...
    The weight that you will lose from the extra cardio that you will d, having to park so far away from your destination, as not to get a door ding....
    The oil that suddenly appears on your best slacks....
    The pride in being part of the most cherished and beloved heritage of all time!

Please join the AMOC, there are many wonderful people, like AJB, and events to go on.

Will you be going on the OHMSS50 tour?
    Would love to meet you there!
    If I can bring my DBS, I would like to re-enact the Palacio Arrival, and perhaps do a beach punch up...

Cheers, Tom
    OHMSSDBS.com
    palaciofin17.jpg
    Excellent detective work, C&D, I stand corrected. Interestingly, in the 'James Bond Encyclopedia' by John Cork and Collin Stutz, they call the AM in TLD a Volante, not a Vantage. Of course, I believe AM is a better source of the model than others. Maybe Volante was just a model type in the Vantage line?

Volante is Astons name for convertible / roadster etc

So full name is V8 Vantage Volante

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    ori_3536_1438434939_1130873_W_51675_F.jpg
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Except when it was 'winterised' and a miraculous hardtop added, making it a V8 Vantage.
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,327MI6 Agent
    Rather confusingly, the name Volante is used for convertible versions of the old V8's (and DB's, old and new). The Vantage name used to refer to the more powerful variants of the V8's and DB's. The newer Vantage that David has is just the name of the model, and the convertible version is called the Roadster- and came with both V8 and V12 engines. The brand spanking new Vantage, an evolution of the DB10 design used in SPECTRE, is being released imminently, just in V8 form to start with.

Cheers, then.
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

There is a big question mark over "New" Vantage getting v12 power...
    DB11 has both v8 and v12 now, and AP wants to keep all cars defined, ie sports / gt / super / hyper.
    The new 700 bhp+ DBS breaks cover later this year (price with a decent spec circe £275K) and of course Valkeryie (known as Nebula orginally) is due but sold out...
    With the addition of DBx soon (SUV)...
    Its a busy schedule in AM world

007JBDCMWR wrote:
    DB11 has both v8 and v12 now, and AP wants to keep all cars defined, ie sports / gt / super / hyper.
    The new 700 bhp+ DBS breaks cover later this year (price with a decent spec circe £275K) and of course Valkeryie (known as Nebula orginally) is due but sold out...
    thanks for the contact.

Might be worth a bet if they go public as planned, and now they are profitable and with a strong lineup.
    ExpatJB wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    thanks for the contact.

Might be worth a bet if they go public as planned, and now they are profitable and with a strong lineup.

Ive been lucky enough to talk directly with AP, his vision is very exciting for the brand, even if the current direction doesnt excite... Designs are fwd thinking and growers in my eyes