DC's New Crockett & Jones Molton Boots

Comments

• sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    They are indeed on the 336 last but I dont have any measurements. I can say is I usually take the same size in all my C&J shoes and other brand shoes too and Im sure C&J will assist you at the time of paying for your boots :)

Current list:
    1. sruzgar
    2. MrEddy21
    3. Welshboy
    4. jarednomak
    5. wardlem
    6. Dank
    7. Obi Sean Kinobi
    8. cederic0011
    9. JTM
    10. Dufus
    11. ExpatJB
    12. shilton125
    13. MikeG77

Obi Sean Kinobi, JTM, ExpatJB and shilton125 still need details from you guys. PM me with your full name, email address, location and shoes size ASAP please. Hoping to get this order in this week.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    Hell with it, I'm in. I've been thinking of them all weekend. I'll need sizing help to ensure that I get the right fit, so I'm counting on getting some proper advice on whether or not to adjust the size from my standard 10.5 US.

PM sent.

Glad to hear you're in! One question though what happened to "Happy Wife, Happy Life"?
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • McCoyMcCoy Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    I’m in for a pair of these. Will PM you my details now.
    edited January 2018
    Here is the list as it stands:

1. sruzgar
    2. MrEddy21
    3. Welshboy
    4. jarednomak
    5. wardlem
    6. Dank
    7. Obi Sean Kinobi
    8. cederic0011
    9. JTM - PENDING
    10. Dufus
    11. ExpatJB - PENDING
    12. shilton125 - PENDING
    13. MikeG77
    14. Gymkata
    15. McCoy

Still need to hear from JTM, ExpatJB and shilton125 I still need details from you guys in order to proceed. Please PM me with your full name, email address, location and shoes size ASAP please. Still hoping to get this order in this week.
    edited January 2018
    Gymkata wrote:
    I contacted the New York C&J store directly regarding the sizing for the Molton boot. The store manager replied to my inquiry with the following information. As a point of reference, I mentioned that I'm generally a size 10.5 US and gave him some examples of footwear (Aquatalia, Frye, and Allen Edmunds) where the 10.5 works perfectly in terms of fit. His response:
    Thank you for your recent enquiry through our website. I’m happy to assist as best possible with your sizing query. I’m assuming that you are partaking in a group order for the Molton, so it’s important to get the size right. Our shoes that are made through our retail shops are made in British sizes, so typically you need to drop one size from your U.S. size. From the brands and sizes you mentioned in your email, I would suggest our size UK 9.5E, which would equate to a U.S. size 10.5D. The Molton is a generous fitting boot, so I think the size UK 9.5E is the way to go.

So it sounds like I'm good to go with my normal 10.5 US. If anyone has any differing information, let me know.

Based on what the manager said you should be ok but do you have a name for your point of contact as i'd like to address the sizing with him.

Thanks,

Mike
    Gymkata wrote:
    I went to the C&J website and contacted the New York store with a 'general' question regarding sizing. It was the manager at the store who replied to my email regarding sizing.

The reply email came from newyork@crockettandjones.com
    The manager's name is Kevin Hill.

I appreciate the quick response!
    Gymkata wrote:
    -{
    You are welcome.

I think that we should make a point of not inundating the man with a ton of separate emails, however.

I agree and i definitely see your point. I sent a very general email asking about the sizing in comparison to a chukka boot i already have so hopefully i can get some guidance.
    Gymkata wrote:
    -{
    You are welcome.

I think that we should make a point of not inundating the man with a ton of separate emails, however.

I concur! When C&J in the UK contact you for payment you can ask them any sizing queries you may have :)
    Alright I have heard from all 16 people on the list, I will leave this open tonight for any stragglers and then get the list over to C&J tomorrow morning at which point the limited run will be closed.
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:
    Alright I have heard from all 16 people on the list, I will leave this open tonight for any stragglers and then get the list over to C&J tomorrow morning at which point the limited run will be closed.

Excellent - what happens next?
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
    Dufus wrote:
    sruzgar wrote:

Excellent - what happens next?

Once I get the list over to C&J they will contact everyone for payment, once payment is received the order will be sent to the factory and we play the waiting game for our New boots!
  • BasildonBasildon Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    sruzgar - PM Sent
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    They look amazing! Hope I’m not too late?

PM on its way now.
    Yes. Considerably.
    Just heard back from C&J today that custom orders are now LIMITED to 12 pairs, I am waiting to hear back on Monday if they can make an exception but as of right now this means two things:

[list=*]
    [*]The original list is cut off at the first 12 people who responded.[/*]
    [*]We now have room for 8 more people to jump on board and get a pair of these fantastic boots which will 100% be limited 25 pairs, 24 of us and DC's pair[/*]
    [/list]

ORIGINAL LIST
    1. sruzgar
    2. MrEddy21
    3. Welshboy
    4. jarednomak
    5. wardlem
    6. Dank
    7. Obi Sean Kinobi
    8. JTM
    9. cederic0011
    10. ExpatJB
    11. shilton125
    12. MikeG77

LIST 2
    1. Gymkata
    2. McCoy
    3. Basildon
    4. Ferinstal
    sruzgar wrote:
    Just heard back from C&J today that custom orders are now LIMITED to 12 pairs, I am waiting to hear back on Monday if they can make an exception but as of right now this means two things:

[list=*]
    [*]The original list is cut off at the first 12 people who responded.[/*]
    [*]We now have room for 8 more people to jump on board and get a pair of these fantastic boots which will 100% be limited 25 pairs, 24 of us and DC's pair[/*]
    [/list]

ORIGINAL LIST
    1. sruzgar
    2. MrEddy21
    3. Welshboy
    4. jarednomak
    5. wardlem
    6. Dank
    7. Obi Sean Kinobi
    8. JTM
    9. cederic0011
    10. ExpatJB
    11. shilton125
    12. MikeG77

LIST 2
    1. Gymkata
    2. McCoy
    3. Basildon
    4. Ferinstal

Wow - twists and turns...almost like a Le Carre...no, no...I meant Fleming! :-)

Thanks for the update Sir!

Suffice to say I would gladly take the place of any of the existing ‘dirty dozen’ if they have had a change of heart/in circumstances/ of mind. But I also appreciate that there are 3 other speedier trigger finger folks ahead of me on the list.

Either way, thanks for the opportunity to be involved! I was late to this one (which will gnaw at me as I love them boots!), but I will pay much more attention (and visit more often) in future.
    Yes. Considerably.
  • jaffajaffa Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Quick question — the pair of C&J shoes I currently have are in a G fitting. Does anyone know what width fitting these are? Is there any chance of the fitting me? If they're an E fitting (as seems likely), my guess is no, but perhaps someone knows better. Any guidance appreciated! These look lovely, I must say.
    Good News C&J said they will do 16 so I will send them over the rest of your names!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Great news!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • McCoyMcCoy Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    Brilliant news!!!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Simon for the WIN!
    That is fantastic news! Thank you Simon :-)
    Yes. Considerably.
    edited January 2018
    Gymkata wrote:
    I contacted the New York C&J store directly regarding the sizing for the Molton boot. The store manager replied to my inquiry with the following information. As a point of reference, I mentioned that I'm generally a size 10.5 US and gave him some examples of footwear (Aquatalia, Frye, and Allen Edmunds) where the 10.5 works perfectly in terms of fit. His response:
    Thank you for your recent enquiry through our website. I’m happy to assist as best possible with your sizing query. I’m assuming that you are partaking in a group order for the Molton, so it’s important to get the size right. Our shoes that are made through our retail shops are made in British sizes, so typically you need to drop one size from your U.S. size. From the brands and sizes you mentioned in your email, I would suggest our size UK 9.5E, which would equate to a U.S. size 10.5D. The Molton is a generous fitting boot, so I think the size UK 9.5E is the way to go.

So it sounds like I'm good to go with my normal 10.5 US. If anyone has any differing information, let me know.

I find it odd that Kevin recommended a whole size down but for me only recommend I go a half size down to a UK 9E. He did explain to me that there is very little difference between the 8.5/9 in overall length but the 9 would be better in the toe box. I'm torn on sizing so I'm wondering did he give you any additional advice regarding sizing?

Thanks,

Mike
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    I’m a 10.5 to 11 in Nike trainers and 11 in Adidas but 9.5 in tetbury but and all other Crockett and jones but I needed a 10 in the Molton.
    Sounds like a good plan!
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    C&J have been in contact on the order (Lauren) and I asked a few questions on sizing (all in UK sizes).

I take a 9.5 in Tetbury(last 348), and also in lasts 341,360, but a 9 in Islay's(365) for comparison.

The Molton's are on the 336 last, E fitting, and there is nothing else in the C&J range currently on the same last, so no chance to go into the shop and directly compare.

Her recommendation is as follows:In regards to the sizing we would recommend to go for a 9.5E.
    The reason for this is that Mr Craig wears the same size that he does in the 348, Tetbury, that he does in the 336, Molton.

Her other comment was: With our special order groups we are not able to exchange or refund a model if the size is not correct as these are made up as a one off order and I think Simon had already made this clear.

Good enough for me - so I will be going with same size as my Tetburys! Hope this helps, though likely we have all been asking the same questions and have similar responses by now!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Im the same size in all my CJs (Tetbury, Moltons, Islays, Skye, etc)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    C&J have been in contact on the order (Lauren) and I asked a few questions on sizing (all in UK sizes).

I take a 9.5 in Tetbury(last 348), and also in lasts 341,360, but a 9 in Islay's(365) for comparison.

The Molton's are on the 336 last, E fitting, and there is nothing else in the C&J range currently on the same last, so no chance to go into the shop and directly compare.

Her recommendation is as follows:In regards to the sizing we would recommend to go for a 9.5E.
    The reason for this is that Mr Craig wears the same size that he does in the 348, Tetbury, that he does in the 336, Molton.

Her other comment was: With our special order groups we are not able to exchange or refund a model if the size is not correct as these are made up as a one off order and I think Simon had already made this clear.

Good enough for me - so I will be going with same size as my Tetburys! Hope this helps, though likely we have all been asking the same questions and have similar responses by now!

Do you know what your size would be on the US scale? Are you a 10.5?

So yes, in US sizes this would be equivalent to a 10.5
    I received a message from Lauren on Friday morning to go over my order and i asked her a question about what size i should get but i have not received a response from her yet. I did follow up with Kevin on Friday afternoon to let him know that i was able to confirm my size being a US 9.5 via a Brannock device and if his recommendation of a UK size 9 was still valid.

Here is the response I received....

"Thanks for your email. I think the most advisable thing to do is to consider how you like your shoes/boots to fit (i.e. snug or roomier), and what type of socks you’ll usually wear. There won’t be a significant difference between an 8.5E and a 9E in terms of length, rather the volume of the boots will be slightly different. The Molton isn’t a particularly long boot (in terms of the length of the toe box from the ball of the foot), so that’s why I recommended our 9E (which equates to a European 43). You can always put a little extra liner in a boot to take up a bit of volume if needed, and it’s more difficult to rely on stretching a tight shoe/boot"

The chukka boot I normally wear is a US 9.5/UK 9/EU 43.5 and based on the Molton being a UK 9/EU 43 I'm almost 99% sure I'll be fine! Now I just gotta wait for Lauren to respond.
    Gents C&J now have all the names and contact info for those of you listed below and should be reaching out in the coming days:

1. sruzgar
    2. MrEddy21
    3. Welshboy
    4. jarednomak
    5. wardlem
    6. Dank
    7. JTM
    8. cederic0011
    9. ExpatJB
    10. shilton125
    11. MikeG77
    12. Gymkata
    13. McCoy
    14. Basildon
    15. Ferinstal
    16. gakgonen
    MikeG77 wrote:
    The chukka boot I normally wear is a US 9.5/UK 9/EU 43.5 and based on the Molton being a UK 9/EU 43 I'm almost 99% sure I'll be fine! Now I just gotta wait for Lauren to respond.

Lauren has been swamped but she will be reaching out soon! As far as sizing I just echoed what I said before I wear the same size in all my C&J and any other shoes, Churches, Loake or even JCrew