DC's New Crockett & Jones Molton Boots

Comments

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    edited January 2018
    Simon,

I can imagine that doing these limited runs can be a bit tedious so I wanted to let you know that i really appreciate all the time you have put into making this happen!

Thanks,

Mike
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the kind words!
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    C&J have been in contact on the order (Lauren) and I asked a few questions on sizing (all in UK sizes).

I take a 9.5 in Tetbury(last 348), and also in lasts 341,360, but a 9 in Islay's(365) for comparison.

The Molton's are on the 336 last, E fitting, and there is nothing else in the C&J range currently on the same last, so no chance to go into the shop and directly compare.

Her recommendation is as follows:In regards to the sizing we would recommend to go for a 9.5E.
    The reason for this is that Mr Craig wears the same size that he does in the 348, Tetbury, that he does in the 336, Molton.

Her other comment was: With our special order groups we are not able to exchange or refund a model if the size is not correct as these are made up as a one off order and I think Simon had already made this clear.

Good enough for me - so I will be going with same size as my Tetburys! Hope this helps, though likely we have all been asking the same questions and have similar responses by now!
    Im the same size in the Tetbury as the Molton (I was on the last run) if that helps.

And thank you Simon! All paid up.
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Payment done this morning -{
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    Payment all made.

For anybody still wondering re: sizing, I take a UK 9.5E in the Highbury. Raised the question with Lauren whether I should stick or change size. Her response was:

Mr Craig also wears both the 348 and the 336 last and does not change his sizing between the two.

If it's good enough for him...!

Now the long wait begins :)
    Yes. Considerably.
    Payment was made a few minutes ago and after speaking to Kevin and Lauren i will be sticking with my size 9UK. Hopefully we get our boots soon!
  • McCoyMcCoy Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    My payment completed today. UK size 9E as per my 348 last shoes (Highbury, Westbourne). Really looking forward to these arriving!
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    that me all payed up looking forward to wearing them
    Gymkata wrote:
    I just received an email from Lauren confirming that they're making my shoes. Sounds like they're 16 weeks out for delivery.

I got the email as well and hopefully it doesn't take the full 16 weeks. I did ask Lauren if Crockett and Jones offered shoe trees for this boot, the cost and any particular care products she would recommend. Assuming the Molton boots fit properly MAYBE i'd consider ordering a pair in brown suede :D
  • BalmoralBalmoral Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    Congrats on the boots guys! I have to say this was one of the fastest GMTO I have seen, even on other forums I'm on.

Enjoy the boots! Been to C&J in Northampton and they run a great operation.
    edited February 2018
    Lauren just emailed me and let me know that the Crockett and Jones Classic shoe trees would be the best option for the Molton. She quoted me a price of £60 and £50 minus VAT plus £5 for shipping so i am gonna have them added to my order.

She also advised me of 2 things......

1. Crockett and Jones pricing will be increasing as of March 5th so any previously quoted prices will no longer be valid :#

2. That Brown suede Molton boots can still be ordered as a group (not sure on pricing) or as a single order but you're looking at £650 or £ 541.65 minus VAT plus S/H.

I am trying to figure out what the price increases will be going up to for a single or group order.
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Balmoral wrote:
    Congrats on the boots guys! I have to say this was one of the fastest GMTO I have seen, even on other forums I'm on.

Enjoy the boots! Been to C&J in Northampton and they run a great operation.

This was the third time doing this so we have it streamlined, still took over a month!
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    simon will you run this project again this year , I missed out stupidly 8-)
    007 reporting for duty
    How about another run of the brown suede Molton boots???
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:

I would love that—I missed the first run.
    JTM wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

I would love that—I missed the first run.

Granted they're beautiful boots but i'm really not interested in paying £541.65! Group order would save a lot of money but i'm hoping there will be more interested people on the forum.
  • rott_onerott_one Newcastle Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Unfortunately I’m late to this but would love a pair of the molton in rough out suede. Any room left on list? Fingers crossed...
    edited March 2018
    rott_one wrote:
    Unfortunately I’m late to this but would love a pair of the molton in rough out suede. Any room left on list? Fingers crossed...

Welcome to AJB!

I do remember that the initial order was capped at a max of 12 boots with room for an additional 12. I think the order closed out at 16 so i am thinking you may be out of luck but you might be able to do an individual order but the cost is probably double :#
    edited March 2018
    Gymkata wrote:
    Bear in mind that some of us are buying C&J shoes for the first time and are taking sizing risks. It's entirely possible that somebody may end up with a pair that doesn't fit and want to sell.

In theory, we're going to be getting our shoes in 3-4 months (if I remember correctly). Come back to this thread then and see what people are saying and you may be in luck.

Excellent idea!
    MikeG77 wrote:
    rott_one wrote:

Welcome to AJB!

I do remember that the initial order was capped at a max of 12 boots with room for an additional 12. I think the order closed out at 16 so i am thinking you may be out of luck but you might be able to do an individual order but the cost is probably double :#

Many thanks - pleased to be on board
    Thanks for the reply. Shame I’m just a bit late but will try C&J direct though think you’re right on pricing. Not quite so attractive at double the price.
    I’ll keep a look out here just in case too
    Thanks again
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Gymkata wrote:
    Bear in mind that some of us are buying C&J shoes for the first time and are taking sizing risks. It's entirely possible that somebody may end up with a pair that doesn't fit and want to sell.

In theory, we're going to be getting our shoes in 3-4 months (if I remember correctly). Come back to this thread then and see what people are saying and you may be in luck.

Excellent idea!

That’s a great suggestion - many thanks
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    Many thanks to Simon for organising the Molton roughed out suede boots!!

Mine arrived this morning (UK).

Fantastic boots - fit is perfect in my standard C&J size

IMG_5348.jpg
    IMG_5351.jpg
    IMG_5352.jpg
    IMG_5350.jpg
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Looks very leather-y for a suede boot.
    Impressive.
    Wear them in good health -{ -{
    a reasonable rate of return
    Many thanks to Simon for organising the Molton roughed out suede boots!!

Mine arrived this morning (UK).

Fantastic boots - fit is perfect in my standard C&J size

IMG_5348.jpg
    IMG_5351.jpg
    IMG_5352.jpg
    IMG_5350.jpg

The boots do look FANTASTIC and i'm super jealous that you got your boots already! Mine were delivered to the house this morning but i'm at the office so i gotta wait to try them on :#
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    You guys get tracking or dispatch email from Lauren or was it a nice suprise?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:

I received an email from Lauren on Friday morning advising me that the package was being shipped out and she provided me a tracking #.
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

I received an email from Lauren on Friday morning advising me that the package was being shipped out and she provided me a tracking #.

Same here - email on Friday with UPS tracking
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 416MI6 Agent
    Mine are here (UK)

Beautifully crafted and look great in person. Chuffed!

Thanks Simon

DDF4_F761-7_C8_C-4_A53-_B5_F7-9_FDE25_CB5_C35.jpg
    edited May 2018
    Got to look at my new boots and I am extremely satisfied :D I compared them to my Ryder III's which are nice but these are on a whole other level to the point that I'm gonna order a pair of the Brown Suede Moltons!

My only gripe and it's minor is how the package was shipped because my box was a little dented along the lid :# (I know 1st would problem) Considering the weight of the shoes and shoe trees a cardboard box would have been more appropriate!

IMG_20180529_173915_2.jpg

Again many thanks to Simon!
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Got to look at my new boots and I am extremely satisfied :D I compared them to my Ryder III's which are nice but these are on a whole other level to the point that I'm gonna order a pair of the Brown Suede Moltons!

My only gripe and it's minor is how the package was shipped because my box was a little dented along the lid :# (I know 1st would problem) Considering the weight of the shoes and shoe trees a cardboard box would have been more appropriate!

IMG_20180529_173915_2.jpg

Again many thanks to Simon!

Mike, every shoe box I've ever gotten from England has had some sort of damage, even if it's been shipped inside another box. I just expect it now.

For everyone who got the boots, congratulations. They look great. Much nicer than in the pics of DC wearing them.