If you were to get a Bond inspired tattoo what would it be?

2»

Comments

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    The whole Spectre mask thing... I mean if no one gets it's Bond, it just looks like some weird voodoo thing. I mean, would you say, hey, I'll get a Day of the Dead tattoo? Are you into the Day of the Dead?

Then, if you love the next Bond film more, will you feel obliged to get a tatt of that also? A tat too, if you will.

But make it too Bond like, and really, it's like buying Bond aftershave or a scent, or a Bond brand watch. Bond himself would never get one like that. He'd never get a tatt and he'd never get one based around a fictional hero.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    RedDawn289 wrote:
    PSA here. Tattoo removal is the worst. Thing. Ever. This is not hyperbole. It is the actual worst. I am mid removal and decided to get a cover up because I no longer wanted to deal with the removal process.

May I ask what it is that you were removing and now covering up?
    Higgins posted my tattoo.

I ( for real) have a mash-up of two of my favorite Marc Chagall painting. It is one of my favorite tattoos but I went with an ex to get it done and when I see it I think of her. After that I have made a point of going alone. I want to get a gondola done that looks like the one in "Where Eagles Dare." It is a favorite movie of mine since I am a 70 year old man at heart.

Speaking of getting a tattoo done alone. When I went to get my first tattoo I went alone and my Mom called the shop and asked the owner how I was doing. He did not tell me that until years later. :))
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    I got tattoos :D

Ian Fleming, fan of sharks, octopi etc..... :))

Unfortunately I can show you only one without showing too much :P

..but I can give you a look at it with camouflage paint :007) B-)

last year on holiday...
    full.jpg

and from a training mission....
    full.jpg
    Dalton Rulez™
  • Red Wine With FishRed Wine With Fish Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    The gunbarrel.
  • DrydenDryden UKPosts: 131MI6 Agent
    Orbis Non Sufficit
  • BalmoralBalmoral Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    second the gun barrel sequence
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I have long deliberated about getting Count Lippe's tattoo from Thunderball. It's small and simple and I doubt even the worst tattoo artist could mess it up! And it could be easily concealed beneath my watch when I don't want it noticed. Plus Thunderball is one of my all-time favourite Bond films.

I'll probably never get a tattoo, alternatively maybe it would be Han Solo holding a PPK and looking like the maitre de from my local Bombay Bell! :D
  • Green4Green4 Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Tattoos are all well and good when you are - relatively - young and they look fine. When you get old and your skin wrinkles...well, that's what dissuades me honestly.
    Looking for the Ballantyne DAD sweater in size large. Have wanted one for so many years now. PM me abuse or more preferrably sweaters for sale.
  • Bond fan from OzBond fan from Oz Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Tatoos? NO THANKS!!!!
  • RedDawn289RedDawn289 Posts: 146MI6 Agent
    edited August 2018
    Here it is...

Tattoo.jpg
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    RedDawn289 wrote:
    Here it is...

03979567-_F8_B4-43_F7-81_C9-46_A7_F0_E794_C5.jpg
    That's awesome!
    RedDawn289 wrote:
    Here it is...

That's awesome!

Thanks, I am very happy with the way it turned out!
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    RedDawn289 wrote:
    Here it is...

Amazing!
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
    edited August 2018
    Here it is...

Tattoo.jpg
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    That looks fantastic RedDawn! I love the SP lake approach merged into the bottom of it as well - really well done! -{
    JTM wrote:
    That looks fantastic RedDawn! I love the SP lake approach merged into the bottom of it as well - really well done! -{

Thanks you! that was my idea. I went back and forth on it but I think it framed the tattoo very well.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Nice bit of ink {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Nice bit of ink {[]

{[]
  • fire and icefire and ice EarthPosts: 149MI6 Agent
    I have a few Tattoos none that are Bond related, if I were to choose one I would go for one of these simplified logo's or something similar.

bond_villain_logos__simplified__by_wreak_some_havok-d5l1xsd.jpg
    '...exceptionally fine shot...'
    I have a few Tattoos none that are Bond related, if I were to choose one I would go for one of these simplified logo's or something similar.

I must admit I really like the Q branch logo
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Some fantastic ideas there fire and ice -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    RedDawn289 wrote:

I must admit I really like the Q branch logo

For the life of me, I can't figure out which one represents Q-Branch. Can you give me a hint?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Maybe he mistakenly referred to Quantum as Q branch.
    Skyfall's hilarious but CR and GoldenEye, I think, needs some work.
    I'm disinterested in tatoos in general but since we're on the subject how about mirroring tatoos that characters had on screen.
    Severine or the SPECTRE assassin in Thunderball that somebody mentioned.
    a reasonable rate of return
    Maybe he mistakenly referred to Quantum as Q branch.
    Skyfall's hilarious but CR and GoldenEye, I think, needs some work.
    I'm disinterested in tatoos in general but since we're on the subject how about mirroring tatoos that characters had on screen.
    Severine or the SPECTRE assassin in Thunderball that somebody mentioned.

Yes, my bad I don't know what I was thinking!
  • Green4Green4 Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    That Octopussy logo looks amazing. My main worry would be that even a very good tattoo parlor wouldn't be able to do a good job of something so detailed on a small scale: it wou'd have to be bigger than what I'd like.

Gustav Graves's logo is quite fun, and I rather liked him as a villain. That's what I'd go for
    Looking for the Ballantyne DAD sweater in size large. Have wanted one for so many years now. PM me abuse or more preferrably sweaters for sale.