WTB Tom Ford Solden Jacket Size 52

MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
Was wondering if anyone would be interested in selling a size 52 with tags from the initial run? If so let me know the garment measurements via pm and we go from there.

Thanks,

Mike
I know where you keep your gun!

Comments

• McQueenMcQueen Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    Have you decided that the 54 is too large in the shoulders for your taste?
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    McQueen wrote:
    Have you decided that the 54 is too large in the shoulders for your taste?

Sort of but without a 52 I can't be a 100% sure. We'll see what comes of the post. What about you...are you ok with the shoulders on the size 54?
  • fleiterfleiter USPosts: 243MI6 Agent
    Thing is I noticed these tend to have long sleeves, I normally take 52 TF, but for me I think 50 would have been better
  • GlennGervotGlennGervot FrancePosts: 37MI6 Agent
    Hi Guys,

would you be able to tell me what are the measurement for the 54?
    i am looking to buy one but would like to be sure it fits
    many thanks
    Hi Guys,

would you be able to tell me what are the measurement for the 54?
    i am looking to buy one but would like to be sure it fits
    many thanks

I just measured my size 54 so here are the measurements. I have also included some images for reference.

Shoulders 20.5 inches
    Back from collar 26 inches
    Sleeves 27 inches
    Chest 22.5 inches
    Waist 19.5 inches

IMG_20180226_154531.jpg

IMG_20180226_154608.jpg

IMG_20180226_154738.jpg

IMG_20180226_154835.jpg

IMG_20180226_154855.jpg
    edited February 2018
    fleiter wrote:
    Thing is I noticed these tend to have long sleeves, I normally take 52 TF, but for me I think 50 would have been better

Yeah the sleeves are definitely a little too long for the jacket. The problem i find is that when you size down the other measurements shrink a little too much for my liking.
  • GlennGervotGlennGervot FrancePosts: 37MI6 Agent
    Thanks Mike!

Very useful, as i would have taken a 54 but definitively too big for me.

So will now be looking for a 52 as well ;)
    fleiter wrote:

Do you have a size 50 or 52 in the Solden jacket?
    MikeG77 wrote:
    fleiter wrote:

I have a size 52. I highly recommend that you try it out at Neiman Marcus if you have any around, as I believe they still carry out the black version.

I'll send you the measurements of my 52 later today
    fleiter wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:
    fleiter wrote:

I have a size 52. I highly recommend that you try it out at Neiman Marcus if you have any around, as I believe they still carry out the black version.

I'll send you the measurements of my 52 later today

Unfortunately trying one on is not an option as i don't have a Neiman Marcus in my area but i do appreciate you providing me with measurements.

Thanks,

Mike
    So here are the measurements for size 52

Shoulders 19 inches
    Sleeves 26 inches
    Chest 21.5 inches
    Waist 18.75 inches

IMG_2874.jpg

IMG_2875.jpg

IMG_2877.jpg

IMG_2878.jpg

IMG_2879.jpg
    fleiter wrote:
    So here are the measurements for size 52

Shoulders 19 inches
    Sleeves 26 inches
    Chest 21.5 inches
    Waist 18.75 inches

IMG_2874.jpg

IMG_2875.jpg

IMG_2877.jpg

IMG_2878.jpg

IMG_2879.jpg

Greatly appreciated and now comes the "fun" part of finding a size 52!
  • WardlemWardlem Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    Selfridges in the UK are still selling them and mr porter have them as well
    Wardlem wrote:
    Selfridges in the UK are still selling them and mr porter have them as well

I originally bought my jacket from Mr. Porter but they've been sold out for a while and their app/site says it won't be back in stock. Selfridges had a 42 in January/February and I asked them for physical measurements before buying as I don't wanna have to pay return shipping and lose the customs charges. I contacted them over a 3 week period checking in and I kept getting the run around!

I am looking for the Spectre version so if you have links let me know!

Thanks,

Mike
    Anyone have one available?
    fleiter wrote:

I appreciate the heads up but i'm looking for the Spectre version.
    Ah, didn't realize they are making them all navy blue now. Took me a while to notice.
    fleiter wrote:
    Ah, didn't realize they are making them all navy blue now. Took me a while to notice.

You got my hopes up for a second till i saw that it was the Navy version. There is also a black version available but they are charging way more for the new colors than the Spectre color.
    edited April 2018
    If anyone is interested Selfridges has all sizes of the Spectre Solden jacket back in stock again. The unfortunate part is that they are selling it for $350 more and the duties are almost $700!
  • jarrettkongjarrettkong Posts: 81MI6 Agent
    That's ridiculous.
    edited April 2018
    That's ridiculous.

Yeah i said the same thing except I added a few choice words especially after I saw the amount they were charging for duties! If I could get it for the $2130 before vat reduction and the duties were only $150 I might risk it but if I buy it at the new price if it doesn't fit I'm out $650! The other surprising part is that they're charging $30 for s/h!
    MikeG77 wrote:
    That's ridiculous.

Yeah i said the same thing except I added a few choice words especially after I saw the amount they were charging for duties! If I could get it for the $2130 before vat reduction and the duties were only $150 I might risk it but if I buy it at the new price if it doesn't fit I'm out $650! The other surprising part is that they're charging $30 for s/h!

Yeah why are they charging for duties in the first place? I don't think I've ever seen that before. Every time in the past that I've ordered international the courier just forwards the import duties to me anyways. So would I have to do it twice?
    MikeG77 wrote:
    That's ridiculous.

Yeah why are they charging for duties in the first place? I don't think I've ever seen that before. Every time in the past that I've ordered international the courier just forwards the import duties to me anyways. So would I have to do it twice?

I'm no authority on international shipping but I would assume that if no duties were charged at purchase then the shipper would send you a bill but if you paid duties at purchase then you're all set. Right now I won't even consider buying it from Selfridges because the price and duties are obscene! Here is what I see in my cart.....

Screenshot_20180417-201244.png
    That's what I get, too. I bought $900 of product from Accent Clothing (also UK based) and got a ~$65 in duties. Logically, 7% of $2475 means duties should be ~$180. No chance am I buying that.
    That's what I get, too. I bought $900 of product from Accent Clothing (also UK based) and got a ~$65 in duties. Logically, 7% of $2475 means duties should be ~$180. No chance am I buying that.

I already reached out to Selfridges to address the price, vat tax and duties. They said it will take 48 hrs to figure why the duties are so off and then they'll get back to me!
    Oh good stuff!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:

I already reached out to Selfridges to address the price, vat tax and duties. They said it will take 48 hrs to figure why the duties are so off and then they'll get back to me!

Mike
    Pm'd you re my unworn tf52
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

Mike
    Pm'd you re my unworn tf52

I have replied to your PM!
    Oh good stuff!

Just so everyone knows Selfridges has the Solden jacket on "Sale" for $1980 but it appears that the system is not removing the VAT and its still charging $500+ for the duties!

Now i was originally told that they would contact me by email not later than Thursday explaining the issue i had with the checkout. Well Thursday came and nothing happened so i contacted them on Friday and they said they will contact me asap but i decided not to wait as 007JBDCMWR offered to sell me his size 52. I am completely disappointed in the lack of customer "service" that Selfridges has provided that i'm almost certain i would never make a purchase from them! Now if i got a significant discount i may consider it but that's unlikely.....