WTB Tom Ford Solden Jacket Size 52

2»

Comments

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Oh good stuff!

Just so everyone knows Selfridges has the Solden jacket on "Sale" for $1980 but it appears that the system is not removing the VAT and its still charging $500+ for the duties!

Now i was originally told that they would contact me by email not later than Thursday explaining the issue i had with the checkout. Well Thursday came and nothing happened so i contacted them on Friday and they said they will contact me asap but i decided not to wait as 007JBDCMWR offered to sell me his size 52. I am completely disappointed in the lack of customer "service" that Selfridges has provided that i'm almost certain i would never make a purchase from them! Now if i got a significant discount i may consider it but that's unlikely.....

I had the same problem with a store selling the Slazenger Heritage sweater. VAT wasn't deducted from the order and they wouldn't reply to my inquiry.

Glad you were able to pick up Mark's.
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    For that price, I prefer to buy a nice pre-owned Omega
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    edited May 2018
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Oh good stuff!

Just so everyone knows Selfridges has the Solden jacket on "Sale" for $1980 but it appears that the system is not removing the VAT and its still charging $500+ for the duties!

Now i was originally told that they would contact me by email not later than Thursday explaining the issue i had with the checkout. Well Thursday came and nothing happened so i contacted them on Friday and they said they will contact me asap but i decided not to wait as 007JBDCMWR offered to sell me his size 52. I am completely disappointed in the lack of customer "service" that Selfridges has provided that i'm almost certain i would never make a purchase from them! Now if i got a significant discount i may consider it but that's unlikely.....

I had the same problem with a store selling the Slazenger Heritage sweater. VAT wasn't deducted from the order and they wouldn't reply to my inquiry.

Glad you were able to pick up Mark's.

Well as of this evening it will be 2 WEEKS since i contacted them and not even an email! Having spent 10 years working in the retail sector as a sales associate/manager it really bothers me when a company doesn't take customer service seriously. It makes me wonder how they have stayed in business for so long?

Yeah I'm glad Mark was willing to sell me his and the best part is that it's a better fit :D
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • ewdennisewdennis Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    Do we know whether the ones Selfridges have restocked are the original SPECTRE Navy/Charcoal or the more recent Navy/Navy like what Mr Porter also have in stock now? It could be that they're using the same stock photo, not a stretch of the imagination considering the lack of customer service you're receiving and the general reputation of the company.

I only ask because I have an IT50 that is slightly too big and wondered about starting over and getting a IT48, but if they no longer have the correct one I won't bother, or I'll have to look for someone to trade with.
  • jarrettkongjarrettkong Posts: 81MI6 Agent
    ewdennis wrote:
    Do we know whether the ones Selfridges have restocked are the original SPECTRE Navy/Charcoal or the more recent Navy/Navy like what Mr Porter also have in stock now? It could be that they're using the same stock photo, not a stretch of the imagination considering the lack of customer service you're receiving and the general reputation of the company.

I only ask because I have an IT50 that is slightly too big and wondered about starting over and getting a IT48, but if they no longer have the correct one I won't bother, or I'll have to look for someone to trade with.

What's the condition of your IT50? I'm may be in the market for one. I don't have a 48 to offer though.
  • ewdennisewdennis Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    edited May 2018
    ewdennis wrote:

What's the condition of your IT50? I'm may be in the market for one. I don't have a 48 to offer though.

It's in perfect condition, though I'd much rather find out whether the one from Selfridges is the SPECTRE version first, or just do a straight swap.

I'm a bit unsure at the moment, the IT50 is fine, it just has a little bit too much fabric under the arms and on the arms for me, when it's done up all the way (which is not often) it causes the chest to bulge outwards quite unflatteringly, but if I can't get my hands on a 48 I'll survive.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    edited May 2018
    ewdennis wrote:

Based on the images posted it is the same jacket as the Spectre version but I could be wrong 8-) You may wanna create a post asking for physical measurements of a 48 because Selfridges is TERRIBLE at providing information!

What part of the jacket are you having issues with?
    I know where you keep your gun!