Brown, Orlebar Brown

Comments

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 2,638MI6 Agent
    Thanks for this suggestion, Suit. Ordered the View to a Kill jacket on Tuesday and it arrived in Los Angeles via DHL on Friday morning. $325 all in with the exchange rate!

Suit wrote:
    The Swedish clothing store Gabucci carry the 007 collection as well.

https://gabucci.se/sv/search/bysearchdefinition/176

Welcome back, B. How's the Layer Cake jacket?

What size AVTAK jacket did you get, since you're also a 52?
  • Seamaster84Seamaster84 Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    I just came across this long sleeve navy merino wool polo.. kinda similar to the OB.
    For those interested i thought I’d share:

https://eu.suitsupply.com/en/knitwear/navy-long-sleeve-polo/SW837.html?cgid=Knitwear&prefn1=colorID&prefv1=blue&pdp=true
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 288MI6 Agent
    So the Thunderball Polo and Carmine shirt have arrived and they are both beautiful in design - and feel really great when you put them on. Having waivered over the cost, I’m very pleased I pushed the button and bought them.

Just one thing to note...sizing! Like others have said, pay close attention to the size guide. I am a medium (6’2, 40 chest, 32 waist) in pretty much everything from everywhere. Went Large on both of these and they are still very ‘fitted’. I’m good with that, but if I was in a shop I would have probably tried an X-Large as well - particularly for the Polo.
    Yes. Considerably.
  • WardlemWardlem Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    Selfridges in london still have most of the pieces in store (including safari jacket). The dressing gown label only said 007 on not property of dr no. Wasn’t hugely impressed as it was basically the same as any old blue dressing gown to be honest
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 9,929MI6 Agent
    Wardlem wrote:
    Selfridges in london still have most of the pieces in store (including safari jacket). The dressing gown label only said 007 on not property of dr no. Wasn’t hugely impressed as it was basically the same as any old blue dressing gown to be honest

That’s strange should be label on inside.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Craigisbond25Craigisbond25 Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    A college kid can dream...thank goodness for alternatives that you all find!!
  • Peregrine CarruthersPeregrine Carruthers Los Angeles, CAPosts: 31MI6 Agent
    Thanks for this suggestion, Suit. Ordered the View to a Kill jacket on Tuesday and it arrived in Los Angeles via DHL on Friday morning. $325 all in with the exchange rate!

Suit wrote:

Welcome back, B. How's the Layer Cake jacket?

What size AVTAK jacket did you get, since you're also a 52?

Thanks! Nice to be back. The layer cake jacket finally got some use this past year with work taking me to some cooler climates than Southern California. That 52 dunhill jacket was tailored pretty significantly to fit me (41” chest, 31” waist), but the tailor did an incredible job. He specializes in leather jackets and it wasn’t cheap. I’m sure my infant son will someday understand that he doesn’t have a college fund because daddy wanted to dress like Daniel Craig in a half-forgotten crime thriller!

I got the AVTAK jacket in medium and fits great!
  • GymkataGymkata Minnesota, USAPosts: 3,441MI6 Agent
    Love that AVTAK jacket. I'm getting a ton of use from it.
    Current rankings:
    OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
    TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
    Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton
  • jdwad246jdwad246 Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    I was slow on the draw and missed out on the Thunderball polo, it is now sold out in medium on the OB site. Does anyone know if there will be more in stock at some point? I know it was advertised as a limited run...
  • SuitSuit Posts: 65MI6 Agent
    It's in stock here: https://gabucci.se/en/product/5035/thunderball-shirt-007
    jdwad246 wrote:
    I was slow on the draw and missed out on the Thunderball polo, it is now sold out in medium on the OB site. Does anyone know if there will be more in stock at some point? I know it was advertised as a limited run...
  • Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 218MI6 Agent
    jdwad246 wrote:

Try calling the OB stores. Some may still have them.

Also, keep checking the site every morning. Some sizes keep resurfacing in limited quantities. My best guess is that they are returns or exchanges. I just grabbed the TB swim shorts yesterday in my size after they were sold out for a while.
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,181MI6 Agent
    The UK OB site did say that they would be restocking the DAF shirt in July. Whether or not that's true across the range I can't say. But as others have noted, this has been a roaring success for OB and their new owners, who presumably would like to see a return for their investment. So fingers-crossed there may be some more restocking over the summer.
    Only 32Ks worth of stock left on OB UK website :)) Think it was well over 200k when I chucked everything in my cart lol

Thats mainly Dr No polo and TB Pink shorts -{

Another week and think thats all that will remain of the collection until any restock -{ However the Dr No shirt has been selling a lot recently so I think the Pink shorts will be the main item left and seems they produced loads!!!

Any more opinions on the Espadrilles sizing from other members yet to comment? Mine have arrived at home but im on the other side of the world at the moment so cant try. Have a feeling I should of ordered a 12 instead of my CJ 11
  • jdwad246jdwad246 Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    I ordered the Thunderball polo today, also $325 USD. A little worried about shipping but if it worked for you...

Suit wrote:

• _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 337MI6 Agent
    Picked up the AVTAK jacket and Thunderball polo from Dubai Mall yesterday! Need cooler UK weather to wear them in
    Murder | Employment.
  • SenorJon21SenorJon21 Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    Any of you taller gents find the button placement on the DAF towelling shirt to be a bit short? I'm 6'3" and find the bottom of the shirt to flap open when moving around
    I was in London on Friday, and dropped into their Mayfair store. The manager told me that they are restocking the DAF shirt, the Anders Safari shirt and the Goldfinger Onesie in July. She said that they weren't restocking the Thunderball long sleeve.

And on the espadrille front, Welshie, I am normally a size 8 1/2 for almost everything. Tried the size 9, and they were slightly too big. The size 8's were slightly tight, but not uncomfortable, but as others have mentioned, they should stretch. Anyway, hope to be seeing you on Wednesday, so you can give them a test drive then!
    They seem to have restocked many of the popular pieces already. Long sleeve Thunderball in many sizes, for example, including mediums.
  • BCFDRayBCFDRay Joppa, MarylandPosts: 373MI6 Agent
    If anyone’s interested, I did a vlog on the Orlebar Brown 007 release along with a visit to Billy Reid and Sunspel.
    https://youtu.be/e5QKdO_7kiw
  • Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 218MI6 Agent
    SenorJon21 wrote:
    Any of you taller gents find the button placement on the DAF towelling shirt to be a bit short? I'm 6'3" and find the bottom of the shirt to flap open when moving around

Yes many had the same issue. Just use the attached extra button in the inside label and have your tailor open another hole at the bottom of the shirt
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    BCFDRay wrote:
    If anyone’s interested, I did a vlog on the Orlebar Brown 007 release along with a visit to Billy Reid and Sunspel.
    https://youtu.be/e5QKdO_7kiw
    Great job, I really enjoyed it!!
  • Polar Bear 0007Polar Bear 0007 CanadaPosts: 126MI6 Agent
    I’m in Canada and Orlebar Brown does not ship to Canada. Anyone know where I can purchase on-line?
    This is where we leave you Mr. Bond. (Pilot, Apollo Airlines)
  • GymkataGymkata Minnesota, USAPosts: 3,441MI6 Agent
    Your best bet may be to find a brick and mortar store in Canada that sells OB and stocks the 007 collection.
    Current rankings:
    OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
    TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
    Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton
  • SuitSuit Posts: 65MI6 Agent
    Swedish store: https://gabucci.se/en/search/bysearchdefinition/176
    I’m in Canada and Orlebar Brown does not ship to Canada. Anyone know where I can purchase on-line?
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,280MI6 Agent

The UK site does, and very efficiently too with great customer service. Not sure about the US or European sites though.
  • CDPCDP Posts: 43MI6 Agent
    My quick thoughts:
    - AVTAK jacket is nice but I had to size up: I'm normally M with OB (39" chest) but exchanged for an L as M tight across the shoulders
    - Polo pricey but nice. I had always assumed this was a John Smedley who still do similar designs in Merino and Sea Island Cotton which I have worn for years. That said, I do recommend this very high quality merino polo for GB215: https://shop.permanentstyle.com/collections/frontpage/products/the-dartmoor-sweater
    - If you are in the US, check Mr Porter in the UK for price and availability. I got the AVTAK jacket for GBP245 = $311 all in rather than the $475 at Mr Porter US or direct from OB. Importing doesn't gain a discount for all Mr Porter purchases but it's always worth checking.
    Tried on all sorts in Selfridges yesterday on my journey back home

1) Selfridges have the Skyfall setters in stock. They have the 007 / Orlebar label so a little diff then the originals. Amazed to see these since Orlebar store didnt have them

2) I was expecting to be a XXL in the shirts but XL fitted - looks like I will have to return some of the shirts I have waiting back home

3) The exception was the AVTAK jacket. They only had a XL but it was too tight in chest.

4) Didnt expect to like the Safari but it fitted me well in XL

5) They had the Onsie in my size - was tempted to try on for shits and giggles but didnt haha
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 348MI6 Agent
    Was sent a VIP early access to the Skyfall Setter. I'm doubtful on the sizing and will measure myself later back at home. Nevertheless, should any of you gents not have it yet, the item in question should be available to the general public soon. Stay vigilant!
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,191MI6 Agent
    Was sent a VIP early access to the Skyfall Setter. I'm doubtful on the sizing and will measure myself later back at home. Nevertheless, should any of you gents not have it yet, the item in question should be available to the general public soon. Stay vigilant!

£195, £50 up from standard :#
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,595MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

£195, £50 up from standard :#

Don't me wrong they're obviously nice albeit overpriced swim trunks at £145 but at £195 I'd say there are better Bond items to spend you're money on! How is the sizing on these trunks?
    I know where you keep your gun!