Bond 25 SPOILER news

Comments

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    I would 100% agree with you, if it wasn't because then you leave a perfectly usable character forever tainted.

After a series reboot, you can reintroduce Blofeld with a different (better) back story.

It wouldn't surprise me at if that ends up happening. But I have to believe Bond 25 is going to be a Spectre story, given Madeleine's role. How Eon handles Malek and the character of Blofeld — do we have absolute proof that Waltz isn't going to appear in cameo from a prison cell? — will be interesting to watch.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    Gala Brand wrote:
    I would 100% agree with you, if it wasn't because then you leave a perfectly usable character forever tainted.

After a series reboot, you can reintroduce Blofeld with a different (better) back story.

It wouldn't surprise me at if that ends up happening. But I have to believe Bond 25 is going to be a Spectre story, given Madeleine's role. How Eon handles Malek and the character of Blofeld — do we have absolute proof that Waltz isn't going to appear in cameo from a prison cell? — will be interesting to watch.

It's possible that Waltz could have a cameo. Bond isn't the best at keeping secrets or misdirecting the public, but other series have been able to keep secrets like this. I don't believe that Frank Oz's involvement in The Last Jedi was leaked before the film was released.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    I posted earlier that a has landed with equipment for the Atlantic Sea Road shoot.
    We're now told the production is storing "massive amounts of equipment for the filming on the Atlantic Sea Road in a old fish factory" very close to the location: [url]https://www.rbnett.no/nyheter/2019/06/03/Har-inntatt-gammel-fiskefabrikk-på-Årsbogen...[/url]
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:
    Gala Brand wrote:

It's possible that Waltz could have a cameo. Bond isn't the best at keeping secrets or misdirecting the public, but other series have been able to keep secrets like this. I don't believe that Frank Oz's involvement in The Last Jedi was leaked before the film was released.

I really hope Waltz doesn't come back. To continue with Matt's Star Wars comparison, it would be like bringing back Jar Jar Binks as a serious ambassador.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

I really hope Waltz doesn't come back. To continue with Matt's Star Wars comparison, it would be like bringing back Jar Jar Binks as a serious ambassador.

The only way I'd want Waltz back is if they give him a scene that redeems the character by giving him some scary as hell business to do. Blofeld should have been Anton Chigurrh in Spectre. And I believe Waltz could have risen to the occasion. Instead we got "Cuckoo, cuckoo."

But seeing him for the sake of seeing him? No thanks.
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:

Why yes, there’s always the easy way out, I guess.

I must confess I prefer Bond to be atemporal to a degree. I didn’t mind CR, of course - matter of fact I LOVED it. But with a generous amount of perspective you could reconcile it with the previous installments (we hadn’t seen Bond’s origins after all). Having now different Blofelds does force one’s suspension of disbelief.

In short: I don’t mind a dramatic background. Having all movies heavily rely on each other’s storyline seems to be a mistake in hindsight. Now every director will want to tell Bond’s origin and ending, à la Nolan’s Dark Knight Trilogy.
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,134MI6 Agent
    I think it's fair to say Bardem was cast off the back of his awesome performance in No Country for Old Men and Christoph Waltz was employed off the back of his awesome performance in Inglorious Basterds. Sadly, their performances in their respective Bond films, weren't nearly as absorbing and terrifying. (No fault of the actors themselves, I don't think).
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,714MI6 Agent
    I think it's fair to say Bardem was cast off the back of his awesome performance in No Country for Old Men and Christoph Waltz was employed off the back of his awesome performance in Inglorious Basterds. Sadly, their performances in their respective Bond films, weren't nearly as absorbing and terrifying. (No fault of the actors themselves, I don't think).

Oh I think Bardem was pretty smashing in Skyfall- not quite as scary as in No Country, no; but it was a different role. Waltz was as good as he could be but I guess the film just didn't give him enough to do, as you say.
    emtiem wrote:

Oh I think Bardem was pretty smashing in Skyfall- not quite as scary as in No Country, no; but it was a different role. Waltz was as good as he could be but I guess the film just didn't give him enough to do, as you say.

Don't get me wrong, I liked them in both films as they're two of my favourite actors. and there were some very good scenes and moments in both films, but the intense menace of their previous characters was missing IMO.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:

Agreed on Bardem. But with regard to Waltz, I thought he was poor. The script was bad, but he could’ve helped salvage it with a great performance. Instead, he sleep walked through most of his scenes and didn’t even attempt to imbue the character with any of his signature malice. I lost respect for him because he’s capable of more than he showed.
    I think Waltz was really good in the meteor room, but most scenes weren't that good.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    It was just the script, Waltz is a great actor but the Blofeld scenes and dialogue were all flat and uninspiring. For me Spectre ran out of steam when Bond and Swann were waiting in the desert and didn’t recover, so Waltz’ scenes all came after that and should have elevated the film but failed to do so.
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Official from EON regarding the explosion: https://www.instagram.com/p/ByS_Y4FATyy/?igshid=hiedj154swcf
    I've decided not to visit the Atlantic Sea Road area while the filming's going on. Sæbø is only about a 40 minute drive, but this is more like four and a half ours. I can't spare the time in the middle of the week. I think the terrain near the Atlantic Sea Road makes it difficult to see anything. At best I would have seen some cars in my binoculars, I'll probably follow the filming via media instead.

The weather forcast for the Atlantic Sea Road looks pretty good:
    [url]https://www.yr.no/place/Norway/Møre_og_Romsdal/Eide/Atlanterhavsvegen/hour_by_hour.html[/url]
    edited June 2019
    I love the dailymail! "Massive explosion destroys Pinewood!" = some paint was scorched and a crew member sprained his thumb. Another ridiculous overreaction.

The only negative thing I'll say is I don't think Eon's use of "controlled" is appropriate in this context ...

xTL.gif

Edit: I just took a look at the photos and I admit I was wrong. It was more than just scorched paint. Some of the building siding was BLOWN OFF! This movie is DOOMED!
    Gymkata wrote:
    2-Butch-Cassidy-and-the-Sundance-Kid-quotes.gif

Man, I wish this forum had a "Like" function! :))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Maybe they were only trying to blow the " bloody doors off " ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 220MI6 Agent
    I take this as a positive sign that they are pushing the envelope to the extreme this time. This was to be expected after having witnessed MI’s fallout and John Wick. I pray No one gets seriously injured.
    Last Saturday there was a national meeting of BMW-owners in Fræna, a place not far from the Atlantic Sea Road, gathering more than a hundred petrolheads. Unfortunately some of them liked to …. do you call it "brurning" in English? Driving slowly with the wheels spin and creating smoke and burn marks on the road. Now the location is full of tyre marks, creating problems for the filming. "We have no other choise than to film", says line producer Per Henry Borch of Truenorth to regional newspaper TK.

https://www.tk.no/nyheter/averoy/atlanterhavsveien/burning-kan-ha-odelagt-bond-filming-pa-atlanterhavsveien/s/5-51-655135
    Bond's car in Bond25 is ……… Aston Martin V8 Vantage Series III !
    The newspaper Dagbladet has filmed stuntmen training for the film on a closed track for training drivers for slippery roads and the car from TLD is there together with two Range Rover SUV's and a Toyota Land Cruiser. If you scroll down to near the end of the article you'll find the first photos of the old Aston Martin on the Atlantic Sea Road.

https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/forste-bilder-av-hemmelig-bond-bil/71151582
    edited June 2019
    Number24 wrote:
    Last Saturday there was a national meeting of BMW-owners in Fræna, a place not far from the Atlantic Sea Road, gathering more than a hundred petrolheads. Unfortunately some of them liked to …. do you call it "brurning" in English? Driving slowly with the wheels spin and creating smoke and burn marks on the road. Now the location is full of tyre marks, creating problems for the filming. "We have no other choise than to film", says line producer Per Henry Borch of Truenorth to regional newspaper TK.

https://www.tk.no/nyheter/averoy/atlanterhavsveien/burning-kan-ha-odelagt-bond-filming-pa-atlanterhavsveien/s/5-51-655135

Dagbladet has written about this too. Here is Torgeirtrap's translation from MI6Community:

On Saturday, a number of cars from Norway’s largest BMW get-together – arranged annually in Møre & Romsdal, ravaged back and forth on the Atlantic Road. The result of the column driving by the car enthusiasts resulted in long stretches of black marks after scorched car tires.

Dagbladet was in the area in that period, and witnessed cruising and heard screeches from car tires along the famous stretch of road which lies between Molde and Kristiansand. Afterward, clips from the get-together were published on Youtube. Documentation published on Instagram has been deleted while Dagbladet worked on this article.

The tires are a huge draw in the bill (expression; similar to contretemps) for the international Hollywood production in the area. The Atlantic Road will be closed for longer periods of the day this week, in order to shoot important car scenes for the next «James Bond» film by helicopter. The marks stretches over several kilometres and are still visible when Dabladet drives the stretch of road at crack of dawn Wednesday morning.

– We have no choice but to film, says line producer Per Henry Borch from the production company Truenorth, who facilitates the film shooting in Norway.

The burnt rubber from the BMW get-together has become a headache for the British production. Borch says they’ve have had crew to try and remove the marks, with no luck.

The rubber can thus end up interfering the visual expression in the planned film sequence, with clean, empty and bare road. According to the application sent from the company Nord Helikopter to the Civil aviation Authority, the film helicopter will fly low over the Bond cars that will be used the coming days.

– We have tried road sweeping cars and flushing, but it sits too hard. The Norwegian Public Roads Administration have been informed. It’s difficult to tell if we’ll have to avoid filming in those places (of the road) and what can be done afterwards. The burning (expression) is even been done in the tenderloin (another expression) of the road we want to use in the film, says a dejected Borch to Dagbladet.

He refers to the car tire marks that now marks the well-known Storseisund bridge.

– I would have liked to see that we had an as untouched location as possible when we came here to film a national tourist road and spectacular bridge formation. It’s been put a lot of gunpowder (expression; effort) in this, and the tire marks are an extra headache for us, which in turn might end up putting visual limitations in filming the next few days, he says.

Section had of the Norwegian Public Roads Administration, Lisbeth Smørholm, confirms that they have been made aware of the fresh marks.

– The situation is very unfortunate. We have put the film company in contact with our operating centre to see if we can be of assistance. The behaviour is regrettable and should not take place in public roads, but instead on closed racetracks, she says.

Dagbladet have been in contact with the man who filmed the column of cars burning rubber along the Atlantic Road.

– I understand this did not fall into good soil (expression) with some, and I’ve now deleted the video clip. We do not want a negative coverage of this who arrange the get-together or involved car clubs, he says, and continues:

– We have understood that this is not fortunate in view of the Bond shoot. Unfortunately we did not know about it, and we feel it’s unfortunate that this can be of trouble for the film. If we had known about it, nobody would have done this, I guess that applies to everyone that drove the stretch (of road), he says.

According to the man, between 200 and 500 BMW’s were column driving on the Atlantic Road on Saturday. This is an annual tradition in connection with the get-together that is held nearby, Dagbladet is told.
    Number24 wrote:
    The newspaper Dagbladet has filmed stuntmen training for the film on a closed track for training drivers for slippery roads and the car from TLD is there together with two Range Rover SUV's and a Toyota Land Cruiser. If you scroll down to near the end of the article you'll find the first photos of the old Aston Martin on the Atlantic Sea Road.

My translation:

Bond25

FIRST PICTURES OF SECRET BOND-CAR

Dagbladet has the first pictures of the muscle car that'll drive on the Atlantic Sea Road.

Malmdalen (Dagbladet) Roars from powerful car engines and whines from car tyres is heard through the valley and up the mountain sides i Malmedalen not far from Molde in Møre and Romsdal. The on the "slippery road driving- training facility" the James Bond Production, that's closing the Atlantic Sea Road for filming, is training for stunt driving.

The training on Tuesday was well guarded, but Dagbladet has taken the first photos of several of the cars in the big film Bond25.

Big cars of the brands Range Rover and Toyota Land Cruiser practise driving fast and manuvering sharp bends, but a third type of car sticks out as slightly more rare. That's an Aston Martin V8 Vantage Series III with the registration number B549 WUU, known from "The living daylights" (1987) with Timothy Dalton in the role as Bond.

High speed driving.
    One of the stunt excersises is one of the two Brown Toyotas first driving after, then positioning itself in front of the Aston Martin classic. Later they also practice drifting with both Land Rovers at hight speed.

(Comments to the photos:)

Two Aston Martin V8 Vantage Series III were present in Malmedalen yesteday.

Villan's car? Two powerful Land Rover SUV practised drifting.

The rest of the article is mainly background aobut the Bond movies.
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    The car having even the same license plate as in TLD gets me super excited.
    Thanks Number24 for your immense efforts in translating and updating for the rest of us. -{
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    Number24 wrote:

Thanks N24! {[] This is absolutely fantastic news! I've thought before they should bring the OHMSS DBS back as Bond's classic car (make a change from the DB5 all the time) so this in my eyes is a master stroke, big thumps up to the production team. The TLD Vantage is my favourite Bond car so whatever happens here on in, Bond25 is officially awesome! :)) Obviously, I'm blissfully ignoring the whole time-line thing in that this car was blown up in TLD. Just hope it doesn't end up in the drink this time round.. :#
    edited June 2019
    Number24 wrote:

My translation:

ALONE: The Atlantic Sea Road is closed for normal traffic so that cars like this can play freely - documented by lots of film cameras.

HERE IS THE FIRST BOND CAR ON THE ATLANTIC SEA ROAD

The Atlantic Sea Road (VG). This photo reveals a classic Bond Secret: sports cars have a Central role in any Bond film.

Documents from the Air Traffic Authority reveals that what's been speculated for some time - that the company that's been filming a a Hollywood movie with Scarlett Johansson in Rauma last week is going to shoot scenes for the 25th James Bond film this week.

However it's not confirm if Daniel Craig, the lead of the film who was recently operated on, will turn up in conection with the filming.

VG is in place off the Atlantic Sea Road, and Wednesday morning the first sports car turned up on the beautiful stretch of road.
    -This is exciting, it looks like they're going for a retro style. It's a bit difficlut to see the male of the cars on the photos. But it looks like it's either Aston Martin V8 Vantage (as seen in "The Living Daylights") or Aston martin DBS (seen in OHMSS), says Bond expert and enthusiast Morten Steingrimsen from the James Bond Magazine to VG.

Steingrimsen continues: - The reason they're using such an old car could be they're flirting a bit with the past of Bond. An exciting thing to do. But it could also be a flashback scene, there are rumours the scenes from Nittedal are set in the 1990s.

Wednesday morning the Storsteinsund bridge is bathed in sun and the sea is dead calm. An orange film helicopter has flown a couple of trial runs very close to the bridge. The helicopter hasn't tried to fly under the bridge yet. It's not unconcievable they will try it, a production of this size will take full advantage of such unique surroundings.

Already on Tuesday evening there was security on the Atlantic Sea Road around the Storsteinsund bridge. VG was told the area was going to be cleared before midnight Tuesday.

In Årsbogen, not far from the powerful bridge, many cars from the production were parked by a former fish factory. Here too the security was strict and VG was told to turn back when we approached.

Of cource the film isn't just made in Norway. Tuesday a drama occured during the filming of Bond in London, when one person was injured during a "controlled explosion" gone wrong.
    Thanks for the nice posts. Here is a photo of Storsteinsund bridge:

Storseisundbrua+med+ny+himmel.jpg
    edited June 2019
    My translation:

SPECTACULAR PHOTS FROM THE ATLANTIC SEA ROAD

The filming of Bond is in full force

The shooting of the 25th James Bond film is in full force on the Atlantic Sea Road. This morning a film helicopter has swooped from east to west and followed a classic Bond car along the spectacular stretch of road, an Aston Martin V8 Vantage Series III.

Dagbladet was the first newspaper with photos of the car from the stunt training last night. Today the stunt drivers get to test their skills at hight speeds. Wednesday it was discovered that a BMW gathering last weekend has caused trouble for the production of the film because of tyre marks on the tarmac, but line producer Per Henry Borch says to Dagbladet they have no choise otehr than filming.

Yesterday Dagbladet saw six cars practising scenes. Two Range Rover SUVs, two Toyota Land Cruisers and two Aston Martin Vantage. From about elelven o'clock it's mainly the Aston Martin that's been caught on film by the helicopter.