Bond 25 SPOILER news

Comments

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    I think Lynch being the new 007 guarantees that she dies or somehow leaves MI-6 by the end of the film. Otherwise the media will be in a lather about why EON doesn’t make a film about her continuing adventures.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    I think Lynch being the new 007 guarantees that she dies or somehow leaves MI-6 by the end of the film. Otherwise the media will be in a lather about why EON doesn’t make a film about her continuing adventures.

The fate of her character won't prevent the media from making such comments.

There's also the possibility that her character will be like Jinx and EON are planning to make another film about her.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

The fate of her character won't prevent the media from making such comments.

There's also the possibility that her character will be like Jinx and EON are planning to make another film about her.

True on both points

But I still predict she doesn't end the movie with the 007 designation.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    I guess the interesting part is Bond is wearing a visitors pass in Ms Office which if I remember according to Someone’s clapperboard / monitor analysis is quite late in the film (2/3rds maybe)?

So guess Bond is not 007 until the finale (if he does become Bond again)

Maybe we have a scenario where

1) 007 Lashana dies at the end in the final act (we know she was in Costume for the Ms Office / shown in Prince Charles visit)
    2) Bond walks away into the sunset still retired

Then kind of leaves it open for new person / soft reboot
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    It's just a stupid and pointless idea IMO. And no, that does not make me a bigot. I love women, believe me on that :p

Anyway, perhaps the title will be The Property Of A Lady (the "property" being the 007 number)
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    Already predicting the scene where Nomi is revealed to be 007:

Her and Bond walk into M’s office.
    M: “Good morning 007”
    Both of them reply “good morning sir” and exchange a look at each other.
    M: “We do function in your absence, Bond”

Boom, Diamonds Are Forever reference as well.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,707MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:
    And congrats to Revolver66 for being the first on this website to suggest Lashana is the new 007.
    https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/946115/#p946115

Erm... did you not spot the very post before his one..?!
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    I agree that it would be very strange for the movie to end with DC not being Bond/007, but there is always the possibility that it will be Nomi/007 at the end and DC just leaves again, because that's what co-producer and Babs Broccoli crush Daniel wants...

Or, as I have been hypothesising, there are two movies.

That would be the reason why Lashana said that Bond25 was not DC's last film during one of the Live Reveal related Jamaica interviews, the one with the UK's Good Morning Britain, but I can't find the video anywhere.

If the plan was to have a Blofeld trilogy from the start it would answer a number of questions;
    1. Why was Madeleine's character so under developed in Spectre if she is the new Tracy?
    2. Why have Blofeld captured at the end of Spectre?
    3. Why the long gestation for Bond25?
    4. Why are there so many characters in Bond25?
    5. Can one film really explore Madeleine's character, as Fukunaga says he wants too, and marry Bond and Madeleine, and have Madeleine flashbacks, and then bring Bond out of retirement, and have a mission for a kidnapped scientist with the CIA, and have Leiter and treachery, and introduce a new 007?
    6. And what is the villain Waldo supposed to do amongst all this?
    7. Why was the 'Heineken advert' filmed so incredibly early, even for an February 2020 release?

Bond25's beginnings and pre-production and production throw up a lot of questions, and more than the usual hiccups a Bond production encounters.
    Have I offended this ‘Someone’ guy in some way?
    Jarvio wrote:
    It's just a stupid and pointless idea IMO. And no, that does not make me a bigot. I love women, believe me on that :p

If it is true (and I think it is; I’m just not sure whether I believe a newspaper guessing the same thing as we all did -well, I did, Someone ;) ), then the point will be the gag and what their reactions say about the characters. I’m not sure what ‘pointless’ means in this situation.
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    edited July 2019
    I've tweaked my Bond25 plot in light of the Nomi-007 news and commentary.
    Just before they marry, Spectre attacks Bond and Madeleine. Bond kills the attackers leaving no leads, and Madeleine doesn't marry Bond. Years later, Bond is in Jamaica. Felix Leiter asks Bond to help him and his CIA colleague, played by Magnussen, to rescue a scientist. Bond 'goes rogue' with Leiter and they involve a young woman, Paloma. Magnussen betrays the mission, Paloma is killed along with Magnussen, while Lashana/007 saves Bond, but the mission fails. Leiter returns to CIA, Bond and 007 return to London. Bond meets M, offically the scientist mission ends here and 007 is redeployed. But, Moneypenny takes Bond to Q to analyse Bond's Cuba evidence. Bond meets M and Tanner secretly, giving them his evidence. Bond is given approval to unofficially continue the search. Imprisoned Blofeld, whose jailer is MI6 psychologist Madeleine Swann, is approached to help. Bond and Madeleine go to Norway to find the scientist. They find the villain's lair in Norway and destroy it, the scientist dies in the mayhem. Rami Malek's villain escapes because Specte intends to spring Blofeld from jail. Nomi-007 is at the high security Scottish jail, Bond and Madeleine arrive as the jail attack occurs. Nomi is killed, Bond survives, Blofeld and Malek escape with Madeleine their prisoner.
    Is it a windup?
    edited July 2019
    emtiem wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

If it is true (and I think it is; I’m just not sure whether I believe a newspaper guessing the same thing as we all did -well, I did, Someone ;) ), then the point will be the gag and what their reactions say about the characters. I’m not sure what ‘pointless’ means in this situation.

Regarding the word 'pointless', it just seems to me that they are making 007 a black woman just to meet the people halfway that want James Bond to be a woman, or black, or both, this is what it seems like to me. We don't know what is truly going on in their heads, so nobody can say for sure. But like I said, it just seems like they're doing it just to say "we made 007 a black woman". To which, I find it very pointless. I find it pointless because James Bond is James Bond, and if they want to make a black woman like a 007-esque character, then this could be easily achieved by creating a brand new character or brand new series. Why change an already existing character? That is what I see as pointless. And yes, I know, she's not bond, she's 007. But honestly, many people are just going to be confused by that. I saw it on facebook today in which so many people misunderstood it as her being Bond.

It's like people wanting a female Indiana Jones. Again, pointless. If people want a female archaeologist, just create a new character, oh wait they did, Lara Croft.

All that is going to be achieved by making Nomi 007 is that it will cause confusion, and even worse, will ruffle people's feathers and cause arguments. Which is just depressing. We have enough of that already.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

I find this site a bit scary at times. The point is for the gag that the ultimate misogynist gets replaced by a woman. That’s the point: it will be a gag, it will be a plot point. This is the point. It will also get lots of publicity too. Also, another point to doing it. Not pointless. If folks have an issue about her race, well then they certainly do have issues, yes.
    The plot at this point is that Bond has left the service. If he goes back and they don’t show us that he’s been replaced, that would be a slightly weird plot point that they’ve missed. It would be distinctly odd to not address that, and that really would be pointless.
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    edited July 2019
    Jarvio wrote:
    Regarding the word 'pointless', it just seems to me that they are making 007 a black woman just to meet the people halfway that want James Bond to be a woman, or black, or both, this is what it seems like to me. We don't know what is truly going on in their heads, so nobody can say for sure. But like I said, it just seems like they're doing it just to say "we made 007 a black woman". To which, I find it very pointless. I find it pointless because James Bond is James Bond, and if they want to make a black woman like a 007-esque character, then this could be easily achieved by creating a brand new character or brand new series. Why change an already existing character? That is what I see as pointless. And yes, I know, she's not bond, she's 007. But honestly, many people are just going to be confused by that. I saw it on facebook today in which so many people misunderstood it as her being Bond.

Most people agree that is exactly what they are doing. From the film's perspective it makes sense that the 007 position would be filled within five years. It is also free publicity since the media laps it up. Doesn't do a lot for women, though, if she is so incompetent at her job she has to go enlist the real male 007. Hahaha!

Most PC catering tends to backfire like that. I am getting Eve moneypenny vibes, being such a **** shot that she is put behind a desk.

If you have seen Game of Thrones, it catered so much to the female characters to appease people, There are a lot of great women leaders through history, but by the end of the show all the leader and warrior characters were female so they just came off like ruthless tyrant bitches - because none of the bloodbath that was was happening happened when men were in charge.
    Jarvio wrote:
    I find it pointless because James Bond is James Bond, and if they want to make a black woman like a 007-esque character, then this could be easily achieved by creating a brand new character or brand new series. Why change an already existing character?

She is a new character: you can tell because she has a new name. And there's no reason to assume they want to make a 007-esque character: you are filling these details in for yourself for some reason.
    If you consider it logically then you'll realise the very strong chances are that Bond is 007 again by the end of this movie; because the hero of the series is James Bond 007. So either she leaves the service, voluntarily changes code number, dies, or is exposed as a villain (and dies!). So there's little reason to think they want to make a new series with this character any more than to think they're planning a Madeline Swan spin-off: she's part of the story of Bond 25.

Hahaha! Most people agree that is exactly what they are doing. From the film's perspective it makes sense that the 007 position would be filled within five years. It is also free publicity since the media laps it up. Doesn't do a lot for women, though, if she is so incompetent at her job she has to go enlist the real male 007.

Oh you've seen it? Was it good? What was the title, out of interest?
    emtiem wrote:
    I find this site a bit scary at times.

What is even scary about my post? Seriously.

I get your point about the logic of replacing him after he's left yes. But I still don't feel that the 007 number needs to be covered for that in such an in-your-face way. And yes, people will be very mad.

I'm a bit tired of so many people being accused of being "sexist", "racist", "biggots", etc, words people hold on to, as their ammo in order to start a fight and make out like they are saints and the other people are evil.

It's just irrelevant. There are ways of calling bond out on his misogynistic attitude without having another 007 just for the sake of political correctness. If this site scares you, have you even been on any other sites? Because I think this site is definitely one of the more respectful ones.

emtiem wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:
    I find it pointless because James Bond is James Bond, and if they want to make a black woman like a 007-esque character, then this could be easily achieved by creating a brand new character or brand new series. Why change an already existing character?

She is a new character

I know, I emphasized that in the exact same post, so not sure why you quote this part when I had already explained it straight after

Jarvio wrote:
    I get your point about the logic of replacing him after he's left yet. But I still don't feel that the 007 number needs to be covered for that in such an in-your-face way.

What does this mean? I don't understand it.
    Jarvio wrote:
    I'm a bit tired of so many people being accused of being "sexist", "racist", "biggots", etc, words people hold on to, as their ammo in order to start a fight and make out like they are saints and the other people are evil.

Does it happen to you a lot?
    I didn't mention her race or gender when questioning why it's pointless: I don't see why those in particular make it 'pointless'? Why were they worthy of mention?
    I would actually say, as I did above, that her gender makes it way less pointless: it's a gag to have James Bond -that guy who said "a woman?" in Moonraker when meeting a scientist to great mirth- replaced by a woman. That's a joke already, and I don't even have to have seen the film.
    Jarvio wrote:
    It's just irrelevant. There are ways of calling bond out on his misogynistic attitude without having another 007 just for the sake of political correctness.

There are other ways, but this one is available because of the way Spectre ended. I don't know why any drama writer wouldn't do that. It is drama to introduce conflict and irony. It is utterly relevant to James Bond to do this: it couldn't be more relevant. To have any other character replaced by a woman would be far less relevant to his character and not even worthy of comment. The relevance is striking!
    I don't understand the bit about political correctness. I simply don't understand what anyone could feel threatened about here.
    Jarvio wrote:
    emtiem wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

She is a new character

I know, I emphasized that in the exact same post, so not sure why you quote this part when I had already explained it straight after

You said "Why change an already existing character?". Which existing character is it you're saying they're changing?
    edited July 2019
    emtiem wrote:

It has never happened to me. Unless you are accusing me. In which case, it has happened once.

Please don't infer things about me when you know nothing about me. I have no problem with women, or other races, why would I? The only people I have a problem with are people that are asses to me, or those that harm others, which could be any race or any gender.

edited July 2019
    Jarvio wrote:
    emtiem wrote:

It has never happened to me. Unless you are accusing me. In which case, it has happened once.

Please don't infer things about me when you know nothing about me. I have no problem with women, or other races, why would I? The only people I have a problem with are people that are asses to me, which could be any race or any gender.

I'm sorry: I certainly don't mean to infer that as I don't believe in flinging names and insults around. I simply can't understand your position on this. It's not pointless for the reasons I've pointed out, and it's certainly not irrelevant to James Bond.

If it makes anyone angry, as you're saying you've seen some folks reacting on social media, and they have to mention her race; then I would most certainly question their reasoning; it would be only reasonable. It's a James Bond film: it's silly entertainment. Any level of anger over it is always going to be misplaced.
    emtiem wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:
    emtiem wrote:

Please don't infer things about me when you know nothing about me. I have no problem with women, or other races, why would I? The only people I have a problem with are people that are asses to me, which could be any race or any gender.

I'm sorry: I certainly don't mean to infer that as I don't believe in flinging names and insults around. I simply can't understand your position on this. It's not pointless for the reasons I've pointed out, and it's certainly not irrelevant to James Bond.

Apology accepted. Honestly I hate conflict, so hope we have made peace.

Regarding my position, I've explained it the best way I can, so maybe just agree to disagree.

• ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    edited July 2019
    This is marketing you guys. The outrage between the two sides is exactly what they want. The first twitter post on google searching 'bond 25' is some guy wetting himself wanting Donald Trump to weigh in.

They've struck social media gold. This was their ace in the hole and they were saving it for the right moment. I can't imagine the teaser isn't too far off.
  • draxhugodraxhugo Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    This is marketing you guys. The outrage between the two sides is exactly what they want. The first twitter post on google searching 'bond 25' is some guy wetting himself wanting Donald Trump to weigh in.

They've struck social media gold. This was their ace in the hole and they were saving it for the right moment. I can't imagine the teaser isn't too far off.

If they have to use these tactics for a Bond, the last one must have sucked big time...Oh wait, it did. After destroying Blofeld, what's left to throw to the trash ?. Poor Netflix type scenario by leftist lazy so called writers is killing the movies. An industry that shall soon be dead anyway, the young generation wants fast food for their iPhones. Brave new world.
    There was a similar meltdown when Bond’s hair colour changed :)
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:
    Lashana Lynch's Nomi as new 007 'confirmed' by UK tabloid Mail on Sunday.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7244671/Thought-007-never-woman-black-shes-James-Bond-hand-number-over.html

The Mail story goes on to suggest that we see Nomi/007 early in the film. I guess that is before we see Bond in Jamaica.
    A movie insider said: 'There is a pivotal scene at the start of the film where M says 'Come in 007', and in walks Lashana who is black, beautiful and a woman.

And this might worry some;
    'This is a Bond for the modern era who will appeal to a younger generation while sticking true to what we all expect in a Bond film,' the source added. 'There are spectacular chase sequences and fights, and Bond is still Bond but he's having to learn to deal with the world of #MeToo.'

And congrats to Revolver66 for being the first on this website to suggest Lashana is the new 007.

Thanks my friend -{ -{ I thought this would be the case.
    Revolver66 wrote:
    Someone wrote:

Thanks my friend -{ -{ I thought this would be the case.

The post right before yours! :D

Or eight posts above yours, that also works.. ;)
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    I will be interested to see how this plays out in the film. As I have expressed earlier this is not particularly to my liking but neither is anything else that I have heard about this film aside from a few casting decisions. It all sounds par for the course in the context of current franchise trends.