Bond 25 SPOILER news

Comments

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,705MI6 Agent
    I'm starting to feel a bit invisible here :))

But thanks for being so gracious, Revolver... ;)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    I try to be strong and stay out of this thread, but when I think I'm out my curiosity pulls me back in :))
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    A while ago I compared (https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/946408/#p946408) what we knew about Bond25 from its official synopsis with the Sony email hack information provided by user Marketto007.

The official synopsis was, and still is;
    Bond has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica.
    His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help.
    The mission to rescue a kidnapped scientist turns out to be far more treacherous than expected, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology.

There is a Scandinavian villa and a young girl in an early version of Spectre’s script according to the leaked Sony emails. And we know now this is going to featured after the PTS (Before I thought it was the PTS).

The Sony hack emails also said that the CIA was working with Blofeld and that a CIA agent called Charlotte, who Bond works with, turns out to be a villain. The synopsis says there is treachery during the scientist kidnap mission, and it could well be that Billy Magnussen's CIA agent is a male version of Charlotte and a Spectre mole in the CIA.

Another plot point described in the Sony emails is that the “allies," the CIA and MI6, "are being picked apart creating paranoia and suspicion". And we see with the Hammersmith filming Bond apparently meeting M and Tanner in secret.

In the Sony emails, Bond and Charlotte pretend to be man and wife. Is Paloma now the pretend wife?

The early Spectre drafts have Q taken hostage, and I think we can be sure that this is not part of Bond25 as we now know Bond visits Q at his home in London.

Another two plot points from the Sony emails related to Moneypenny that won't be used are, Leiter meeting Moneypenny, as I think Leiter will 'depart the stage' after Cuba, and Moneypenny getting injured - unless she is injured during the Blofeld Scottish high security jail break I am proposing - my guesswork????

In those early Spectre drafts, a diamond mine in Africa was also part of the plot. That early Spectre draft had Bond and Q escape a mine collapse. It looks like neither of these plot points will be used.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    edited July 2019
    Just something I probably should have mentioned earlier - Regarding the bond films in general, the "007" number, although just a number, is so tied to James Bond in people's minds that the two basically go hand in hand. You see the 007 logo, you immediately think James Bond.

Of course, we rationally know that if Bond retired, someone else would get the 007 number. We know that. But do we ever see that in any of the movies? As in, somebody else becoming 007, and we see who that person is? That just wouldn't feel right, no matter what gender or race the new 007 would be.

So yes, we know other 007 can exist, but do we actually need to see them or learn who they are? No IMO, because for most viewers, it just wouldn't feel right, no matter who the new 007 is, no matter what gender or race. This is because, while only a number, Bond is 007 to most movie-goers.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    Jarvio wrote:
    Just something I probably should have mentioned earlier - Regarding the bond films in general, the "007" number, although just a number, is so tied to James Bond in people's minds that the two basically go hand in hand. You see the 007 logo, you immediately think James Bond.

Of course, we rationally know that if Bond retired, someone else would get the 007 number. We know that. But do we ever see that in any of the movies? As in, somebody else becoming 007, and we see who that person is?

Well we're about to, most probably.
    Jarvio wrote:
    So yes, we know other 007 can exist, but do we actually need to see them or learn who they are? No IMO, because for most viewers, it would just feel strange, because, while only a number, Bond is 007 to most movie-goers.

Well yeah, it'll probably feel strange for Bond too: which is a reason for doing it.

It would feel strange for movie-goers to see Spider Man being anyone else than Peter Parker in the picture you paint, but 'Into the Spider Verse' was a hit with most who watched it. The audience are able to cope with a lot more than you may think.
  • KladdaghKladdagh FrancePosts: 117MI6 Agent
    Brosnan said it well ... "it's only a number" ... :))
    ~Never Let Them See You Bleed~
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/007-played-black-woman-bond-164900986.html

quite shocked when i read this, its everywhere
    if it does end up being true i cant imagine buying bond woman stuff to use, but thank God im married so maybe i can dress my wife Bondstyle if this happens haha
    Yes i did ride the CAT
  • Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    I love the passion for the franchise but isnt this type of incredible overreaction kinda playing into the hand a bit? This will just be a little storyline. You were gone so you were replaced, then he comes back etc.. I think everyone knows that now and info “leaking” out was clearly for clicks and extra publicity. I mean i love the passion but everyone needs to take a breath and realize this is just a publicity move. For a franchise that doesnt want to spoil anything for the upcoming movie, yet this info is magically released. Cmon guys, its kinda obvious.
  • martinimartini Posts: 289MI6 Agent
    You think, Cg23?

I absolutely believe that EoN could destroy the franchise by attempting to be PC in the snowflake era.

Bond 25: Snowflake.
    "It is better to be as well dressed as possible to stave off, at least for a very little bit, the total collapse of civilization"
    martini wrote:
    You think, Cg23?

I absolutely believe that EoN could destroy the franchise by attempting to be PC in the snowflake era.

:))

Isn't the 'snowflake' insult all based around the idea of delicate little people who overreact and shatter into pieces over something that's utterly inoffensive and small? ;)
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    edited July 2019
    It's a silly gimmick. Anyway, Bond retired at the start of Skyfall so we're just rehashing an earlier Craig Bond plot. Proof the Craig era should have ended with SPECTRE, I reckon.

Why does the 00 prefix need to be reassigned to a woman? How convenient. There's all this media talk about a female or black Bond and Phobe Waller-Bridge is put on the screenplay and we end up with a woman getting Bond's 007 prefix. Contrived! This is an attempt to deconstruct Bond or put women at the same level as Bond. Whatever.

Perhaps Bond 26 should be a deepfake of 1960's Sean Connery's face over a nameless actor. That might be the only way to get a proper Bond film for the third decade of the 21st century!
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    007 crew build giant 'container hotel' with 'Snoozeboxes' for 300 people on Scottish estate featured in Outlander and Monarch of the Glen as they get set to film new Bond 25 movie
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7248877/007-crews-set-base-Scottish-estate-Bond-25-shoot.html
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • HachiHeadHachiHead Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    I have a conspiratorial hunch that EON is pulling a stunt, purposely taking advantage of current trends and controversy, not just to generate publicity, but to make it all the more 'surprising' when we find out the Lashana Lynch character is Blofeld's mistress. This series is not kind to 00s who are not Bond. Virtually 0% chance she doesn't die or turn out to be evil and then die.

At least that's what I prefer to believe.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    edited July 2019
    This all reminds of back in 1967 when prior to the YOLT release, it was leaked that Bond would die in the film...there was even an Esquire Magazine cover "The Death of James Bond" with a bunch of grieving women around a coffin. It appears that the kids learned well at the knee of Cubby, Mr. Ballyhoo.
  • martinimartini Posts: 289MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    martini wrote:
    You think, Cg23?

Isn't the 'snowflake' insult all based around the idea of delicate little people who overreact and shatter into pieces over something that's utterly inoffensive and small? ;)

Well, I agree entirely. I don't care much at all; if EoN want to do that, it's what they want to do. If they want to appease those offended by white men, then so be it.

For me, each film got worse and worse from CR > Spectre. Spectre was a bit of a joke. My girlfriend is a huge bond fan but couldn't follow the significance of Blofeld as she's not seen all of the old films.
    "It is better to be as well dressed as possible to stave off, at least for a very little bit, the total collapse of civilization"
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    So, if Lashana Lynch is 007, will she be in the gun barrel at the beginning of the film?
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • sunflower888sunflower888 Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    What do you think they will do with the scene with Grace Jones? Axe it or convince her to come back? I liked her character. 8-)

Even if it was true, it probably was an inconsequential cameo and there's no reason to believe she was reprising her role from AVTAK anyway.

You mean they will just axe the whole scene? In which case she was right about it being a casual cameo, apparently.
    Red_Snow wrote:
    007 crew build giant 'container hotel' with 'Snoozeboxes' for 300 people on Scottish estate featured in Outlander and Monarch of the Glen as they get set to film new Bond 25 movie
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7248877/007-crews-set-base-Scottish-estate-Bond-25-shoot.html

Blofeld's MI6 prison?
    martini wrote:
    emtiem wrote:
    martini wrote:
    You think, Cg23?

Well, I agree entirely. I don't care much at all; if EoN want to do that, it's what they want to do. If they want to appease those offended by white men, then so be it.

Sounds like you're overreacting a bit, much like those snowflakes you mention :))
  • PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    Mr Martini wrote:
    So, if Lashana Lynch is 007, will she be in the gun barrel at the beginning of the film?

Are we talking about a pre-PTS gun barrel or one at the end?

All I can say is that this is still a rumour from an unnamed source. If it is true though, I'm interested.
    Someone wrote:
    Red_Snow wrote:

Blofeld's MI6 prison?

That's a good guess, actually; I've been trying to think what they could be setting in Scotland.

I'll take all of the credit for thinking of that first if it turns out to be true, of course! :D
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    edited July 2019
    I'm not going to comment anymore on the "007" thing because it's just gotten too crazy and polarizing and folks need to take a deep breath before the next craziness rears its ugly head.
    This new Scotland rumor is interesting. I am thinking that it may be the villain's lair / laboratory and the "Snoozeboxes" may be for subjects of an experiment or ( channeling OHMSS) where a bunch of biologically altered or infected human weapons are being kept until they are unleashed to spread a deadly virus. Just taking a wild guess.
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    What ever the story, I hope it is a film that we can all enjoy.
    HowardB wrote:
    This new Scotland rumor is interesting. I am thinking that it may be the villain's lair / laboratory and the "Snoozeboxes" may be for subjects of an experiment or ( channeling OHMSS) where a bunch of biologically altered or infected human weapons are being kept until they are unleashed to spread a deadly virus. Just taking a wild guess.

Well as I was the first to suggest ( :) ), it being Blofeld's prison could work- especially if Bond needs to break in to see him, or get him out; and the castle is surrounded by a gadget-laden garden of death to keep the inmates in...
  • BraxoBraxo Posts: 45MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:
    Red_Snow wrote:

Blofeld's MI6 prison?

I think the snooze boxes are just lodging for the crew.
    Braxo wrote:
    Someone wrote:
    Red_Snow wrote:

Blofeld's MI6 prison?

I think the snooze boxes are just lodging for the crew.

LOL good one. Yes of course the snooze boxes are for the film crew. I was referring to the huge castle...

As they had that defecting general in TLD in a stately home, why not Blofeld in a Scottish castle?

It seems odd to have a Spectre biological genetic weapon factory in Scotland, IMHO.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    It's insane how this "number" rumor is being reported as if Lashana Lynch is going to be the new Bond and will star in a new series of movies. If it's true, it's a plot element--one that seems borrowed from Anthony Horowitz's Forever and a Day, where Bond inherits the number "007" from a predecessor--and I have no doubt that James Bond will again be 007 by the end of the movie.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Arbogast777Arbogast777 Minneapolis Posts: 252MI6 Agent
    I remember when Roger Moore died my phone was blowing up with text messages because friends knew I was a fan.

The same thing has been happening the last 2 days with "Did you see who the new James Bond is going to be!?"

Ugh...
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Is it possible that the Scottish castle could be set somewhere else? Shatterhand's castle?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Arbogast777Arbogast777 Minneapolis Posts: 252MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Is it possible that the Scottish castle could be set somewhere else? Shatterhand's castle?

Looking at this pic, it could certainly pass for Austria, which would fit Christoph Waltz...

A9-B0-D53-F-8029-46-F6-8-E4-B-3-EA15-B6-F51-B1.jpg