Tommy Bahama shirt re-release

Jar15a1Jar15a1 Alexandria, VAPosts: 18MI6 Agent
Hey gang! Wasn't Tommy Bahama going to re-release their Catalina Twill shirt in February? Maybe I missed something along the way but if anybody has any insight on that, I'd like to hear about it. Thanks.
«13456

Comments

  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Jar15a1 wrote:
    Hey gang! Wasn't Tommy Bahama going to re-release their Catalina Twill shirt in February? Maybe I missed something along the way but if anybody has any insight on that, I'd like to hear about it. Thanks.


    They were supposed....yes !!!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,086MI6 Agent
    There is a revised release date, sure Steve will be along with finer details.
    But its still coming
    Skewered, one sympathises...

    1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,815MI6 Agent
    I spoke to them recently again just to confirm.

    They said two weeks on the 08th of Feb so anytime now.

    Ross
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 208MI6 Agent
    Can't wait
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 2,477MI6 Agent
    Mark said my name three times in front of the mirror and I appear. :)) :)) :))

    I contacted Tommy Bahama and was originally given a release date of February 19. When that date passed I again contacted the company. I received this response:

    Tommy-Bahama-Catalina-Response.jpg

    It looks like the rerelease is April 2, 2020. I will note that my emails to Tommy Bahama this year did not mention No Time To Die.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 2,962MI6 Agent
    Thanks for that Steve -{ A little bit longer to wait then.

    I wonder if the Catalina in “Continental”, whatever colour that is, has a spot in the film as well as it’s the only other colour, apart from black we’ve seen, from the range that TB are re-releasing early in April?
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 2,477MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    Thanks for that Steve -{ A little bit longer to wait then.

    I wonder if the Catalina in “Continental”, whatever colour that is, has a spot in the film as well as it’s the only other colour, apart from black we’ve seen, from the range that TB are re-releasing early in April?

    I wonder if Continental is an error. The last email said black and coconut were the first colors released. I think it's either an error or an upscale renaming of coconut white.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 481MI6 Agent
    edited February 2020
    I received nearly the same response as Westward_Drift (with a re-release by April 2nd) and asked for the "Continental"-colour, they replied:

    "The Continental is off white with a slight cream color to it." I think you are right and its propably the coconut-colour.
    They do not make any reservations unfortunaly what makes me a bit nervous because I can't give a guess on how huge the demand still is. Based on their knowlegde of the Bond-connection they will hopefully produce more shirts than the last time

    but they said they will passed the reservation-idea along to their Design-Team, whatever that means and I think its just an empty phrase but if I get any new information about this I will tell you immediately
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 2,477MI6 Agent
    It will hopefully be in stores as well. I am about 30 miles from a Tommy Bahama store so I would like to try it on.
  • Jar15a1Jar15a1 Alexandria, VAPosts: 18MI6 Agent
    Well dang!! Now that they just announced they are postponing the movie release until November, guess we will have to just hope the shirt still gets re-released on April 2nd. I planned on wearing one to opening night but it may be a bit cold to do that now in November.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 481MI6 Agent
    edited April 2020
    TB Email from today:

    "Greetings Leon,
    Thanks for reaching out! This is Sean here at Tommy Bahama Guest Services. We apologize for any inconvenience; we are bringing back the 100% Catalina Twill Long Sleeve Camp Shirt to coincide with new James Bond movie that it will be featured in. Since the film’s release date was pushed back we have moved the date for the Catalina's arrival until July 22nd."
  • GymkataGymkata Minnesota, USAPosts: 2,943MI6 Agent
    thanks for the update.
    Current rankings:
    OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
    TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
    Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton
  • Jar15a1Jar15a1 Alexandria, VAPosts: 18MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    thanks for the update.

    Great update. Thanks for everyone keeping an eye on this re-release. Adjusting my calendar now.
  • asd007asd007 Posts: 181MI6 Agent
    Do we know approximately what this item will retail for?
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 449MI6 Agent
    Just checking on this - its still not available on their website even though April has been and gone. Maybe issues due to the pandemic.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 481MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    Just checking on this - its still not available on their website even though April has been and gone. Maybe issues due to the pandemic.

    I've contacted them in April, this was their response:

    "Thanks for reaching out! This is Sean here at Tommy Bahama Guest Services. We apologize for any inconvenience; we are bringing back the 100% Catalina Twill Long Sleeve Camp Shirt to coincide with new James Bond movie that it will be featured in. Since the film’s release date was pushed back we have moved the date for the Catalina's arrival until July 22nd."

    it would be a great help for me if somebody who owns the TB already can provide some measurements, thanks!
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 449MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the update Noi appreciate it! In terms of sizing they are US sizing which means you would need to go two sizes down for your normal size I.e their XXL is a L :))

    Th advantage of the XXL is that it also doubles up as a tent or a parachute so it’s handy if you are on a spy mission.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,091MI6 Agent
    I know this will probably fall on deaf ears, but here goes:

    I own both the 100% silk SA Tommy Bahama Catalina and the non-SA silk blend Tommy Bahama Catalina. I like both of them but....

    If you're planning to hang your shirt in the closet or put it on display, go for the SA silk.

    If you plan on actually wearing your shirt, consider the silk blend (if you can find it.) The pure silk requires so much babying to keep the softness and the sheen, but this is meant to be a knockabout shirt. Or at least Bond wears it that way in the clips we've seen.

    Silk's great for a nice shirt you wear once in a blue moon and clean very, very carefully.

    The silk blend is something you can live your life in.
  • JB1106340JB1106340 Posts: 247MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    I know this will probably fall on deaf ears, but here goes:

    I own both the 100% silk SA Tommy Bahama Catalina and the non-SA silk blend Tommy Bahama Catalina. I like both of them but....

    If you're planning to hang your shirt in the closet or put it on display, go for the SA silk.

    If you plan on actually wearing your shirt, consider the silk blend (if you can find it.) The pure silk requires so much babying to keep the softness and the sheen, but this is meant to be a knockabout shirt. Or at least Bond wears it that way in the clips we've seen.

    Silk's great for a nice shirt you wear once in a blue moon and clean very, very carefully.

    The silk blend is something you can live your life in.


    Thanks for this insight. Are they planning on re-releasing both versions? Because I can't see either currently available.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 481MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    Th advantage of the XXL is that it also doubles up as a tent or a parachute so it’s handy if you are on a spy mission.

    :)) :))

    thanks for all the advices, actually I don’t wear silk shirts because I don’t like the shiny look but the TB still looks kind of mat, I think I’ll give the 100% silk version a chance
    JB1106340 wrote:
    Thanks for this insight. Are they planning on re-releasing both versions? Because I can't see either currently available.

    it looks like it depends on the season which version they are offering but thats just me guessing
  • OMEGA BOND WATCHESOMEGA BOND WATCHES Las Vegas, NVPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    Just got this today in the mail -{
    4317-ADAC-20-BF-4-C43-AB71-FE3-B9-E4-D1-C6-F.jpg

    81497-C38-9-CE6-48-D3-8254-5-C68822857-EA.jpg

    84-F6-FF5-C-45-CA-434-A-A148-D75428-E29-D04.jpg

    92-FF4714-D3-DE-4309-9-E38-08-A66-DD1-E9-AB.jpg

    D9229-EAD-96-FC-4875-BD18-1-B663-BAD5727.jpg
    History isn’t kind to men who play God.
    @OmegaBondWatches

    ***Vegas Bond is now OMEGA BOND WATCHES***
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,136MI6 Agent
    Nice! Where'd you get it? AFAIK TB isn't making them available until closer to November. Was it eBay?
    VegasBond wrote:
    Just got this today in the mail -{
    4317-ADAC-20-BF-4-C43-AB71-FE3-B9-E4-D1-C6-F.jpg

    81497-C38-9-CE6-48-D3-8254-5-C68822857-EA.jpg

    84-F6-FF5-C-45-CA-434-A-A148-D75428-E29-D04.jpg

    92-FF4714-D3-DE-4309-9-E38-08-A66-DD1-E9-AB.jpg

    D9229-EAD-96-FC-4875-BD18-1-B663-BAD5727.jpg
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • OMEGA BOND WATCHESOMEGA BOND WATCHES Las Vegas, NVPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    Nice! Where'd you get it? AFAIK TB isn't making them available until closer to November. Was it eBay?
    VegasBond wrote:
    Just got this today in the mail -{
    4317-ADAC-20-BF-4-C43-AB71-FE3-B9-E4-D1-C6-F.jpg

    81497-C38-9-CE6-48-D3-8254-5-C68822857-EA.jpg

    84-F6-FF5-C-45-CA-434-A-A148-D75428-E29-D04.jpg

    92-FF4714-D3-DE-4309-9-E38-08-A66-DD1-E9-AB.jpg

    D9229-EAD-96-FC-4875-BD18-1-B663-BAD5727.jpg

    Nope, ordered directly from corporate.
    History isn’t kind to men who play God.
    @OmegaBondWatches

    ***Vegas Bond is now OMEGA BOND WATCHES***
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 401MI6 Agent
    ...how might one order directly from corporate?
  • OMEGA BOND WATCHESOMEGA BOND WATCHES Las Vegas, NVPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:
    ...how might one order directly from corporate?

    One might try the customer service number.
    History isn’t kind to men who play God.
    @OmegaBondWatches

    ***Vegas Bond is now OMEGA BOND WATCHES***
  • NoiNoi Posts: 481MI6 Agent
    Great! would you share the measurements of size XL please?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 9,851MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    Great! would you share the measurements of size XL please?

    Bear in mind they are huuugge!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • NoiNoi Posts: 481MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Noi wrote:
    Great! would you share the measurements of size XL please?

    Bear in mind they are huuugge!

    yes, that's the first thing you hear when you find out about the shirt :)) However, I need my size because I have very long arms, a tailor has to fix the chest-size, so shoulders + sleeve-length would be a great help.
    I wonder if this 'order by customer-service number' was something unique?
  • km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 126MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Noi wrote:
    Great! would you share the measurements of size XL please?

    Bear in mind they are huuugge!

    yes, that's the first thing you hear when you find out about the shirt :)) However, I need my size because I have very long arms, a tailor has to fix the chest-size, so shoulders + sleeve-length would be a great help.
    I wonder if this 'order by customer-service number' was something unique?

    What sleeve length do you normally wear? I typically wear "Large" in most things, and sleeve length of 35. The MED fits me perfectly. Sleeves could potentially be a half inch longer to fit better, but tbh for a casual shirt, especially one you might typically roll the sleeves on, it's perfectly fine. Definitely consider going down one size from your usual.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 481MI6 Agent
    edited June 2020
    km1fdm wrote:
    What sleeve length do you normally wear? I typically wear "Large" in most things, and sleeve length of 35. The MED fits me perfectly. Sleeves could potentially be a half inch longer to fit better, but tbh for a casual shirt, especially one you might typically roll the sleeves on, it's perfectly fine. Definitely consider going down one size from your usual.

    I usually need 1 inch more, about 36 in the sleeves so its a hard decision for me to chose the correct size, the XL (which is my size normally) will be probably to big in the chest, returning/exchange seems to be a big deal bc I live in the EU, but you are right about the rolled up sleeves I always try to to wear the clothes as sa as possible, it looks like I'm well advised with size L.
Sign In or Register to comment.