AJB live commentary on TSWLM

167891012»

Comments

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Sorry I missed this one lads—late night last night (I share a once a year event with DC's Bond, hint hint) so needed the sleep-in this morning. However, Gymkata's gifs have caught me up on all the extremely important parts of the film, so I really don't feel like I missed out on much ;)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I have a lovely signed photo of Caroline to go with my Roger Moore one in my little
    TSWLM collection. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    No it was a charity thing, she does a lot of work for animals.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,332Chief of Staff
    So, what's next Higgins?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    Gymkata wrote:
    I have a lovely signed photo of Caroline to go with my Roger Moore one in my little

Did you actually meet her and have her sign it? If so, I've highly envious. She seems like an incredibly nice lady.

I’ve met the lovely Miss Munro several times and I can honestly say she even better in person :x so lovely to talk to as well, plenty of time to chat - certainly not rushing you through…we had a long chat about her other work and about some extra scenes of hers for TSWLM that were cut from the film...she even remembered me the next time we met :o :))
    YNWA 97
    -{ Always great to hear when people as a nice as we think .
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,945MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    ...some extra scenes of [Caroline Munro] for TSWLM that were cut from the film...
    do you remember what those cut scenes were?
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    ...some extra scenes of [Caroline Munro] for TSWLM that were cut from the film...

I’m sure one of them was her removing her bikini top and slowly massaging Ambre Solaire over herself. I’m sure I saw that, but it might have just been in my mind. A lot.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,332Chief of Staff
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

I’m sure one of them was her removing her bikini top and slowly massaging Ambre Solaire over herself. I’m sure I saw that, but it might have just been in my mind. A lot.

:)) :)) :))
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,969MI6 Agent
    edited April 2020
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Gymkata wrote:

Did you actually meet her and have her sign it? If so, I've highly envious. She seems like an incredibly nice lady.

I’ve met the lovely Miss Munro several times and I can honestly say she even better in person :x so lovely to talk to as well, plenty of time to chat - certainly not rushing you through…we had a long chat about her other work and about some extra scenes of hers for TSWLM that were cut from the film...she even remembered me the next time we met :o :))

Yes, I met Caroline Munro too, a couple of years ago, at a Collectormania event where she was signing autographs next to Valerie Leon (the hotel receptionist in TSWLM), and a couple of tables down from Shane Rimmer, who is now sadly no longer with us. I asked all three to sign an A3 print of the TSWLM poster. Shane Rimmer also signed my copy of the 1971 Diamonds Are Forever souvenir cinema programme, on the page which lists the DAF cast credits but from which his own name was missing. He rolled his eyes in agreement when I bemoaned the fact that at the time, in '71, cast lists weren't comprehensive. His autograph now compensates, in my copy of the souvenir programme.

Caroline Munro signed a couple of 'Dracula AD 1972' items for me; she'd played the aptly named Laura Bellows in that film. I agree that she's a friendly, nice person; she chatted warmly and at length to me, and to others queueing to see her, about her memories of filming, her knowledge of cult reappraisal of her Hammer films, and her friendship with co-stars.
    Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.
    Sir Miles wrote:

The main one was definitely of Stromberg watching her swim in a pool...I think she said it was cut as it looked too voyeuristic...
    YNWA 97
    Gymkata wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

As nice as that would have been, I seem to recall that she had a pretty strict no nudity policy. She'd go pretty far but wouldn't cross that line.

Errr...yeah...you HAVE seen her modelling photos? :o :D
    YNWA 97
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

I always knew we had something in common - apart from an intense dislike of green trainers :D
    YNWA 97
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,945MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    The main one was definitely of Stromberg watching her swim in a pool...I think she said it was cut as it looked too voyeuristic...
    thanks Sir Miles.

Stromberg's escape capsule is so obviously a Shaggin' Wagon, I gotta wonder who Stromberg was expecting to make an escape in it with him?

I guess the obvious answer is Naomi, but the only scene the two characters are in together is when she briefly brings the two scientists into the office at the beginning.

I never really thought of the two of them having a relationship, but maybe Stromberg's the kind of creepy boss that just assumes...