Skyfall - Joint Services Clothing

Has anyone got any of the Skyfall stuff from Joint Services Clothing? I'm just wondering if anyone has any information on the quality of the clothing.

https://www.jointservicesclothing.com/SIS_MI6_PTI_Bond/cat1235664_2095201.aspx

Comments

• bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    I have the full zip jacket without the guady logo, it is "OK", not of the highest quality but certainly very wearable and decent level, hope that helps.
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    For the price it's ok - I have a logo and non logo version of the PT top and they are ok to be fair -
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    I find the logo to be way too big compared to how it looked on screen. If they made the logo 1/2 the size it would look way better in my opinion.
    Thomo wrote:
    For the price it's ok - I have a logo and non logo version of the PT top and they are ok to be fair -
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • tsholdtshold TorontoPosts: 214MI6 Agent
    I find the logo to be way too big compared to how it looked on screen. If they made the logo 1/2 the size it would look way better in my opinion.
    Thomo wrote:

I absolutely agree...that's the main reason I've never bought anything from them. If the logo was more screen accurate in sizing, I'd for sure have a few pieces myself.
    Shop the latest thing from the SIS Training Collection!
    https://sistraininggear.com
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Tangentially related: As far as I know, the designer used in the movie hasn't been identified. I don't know about the jacket but I would bet some money that the joggers and shirt were by Mark & Spencer. I'm 90% sure. I had what looked to be the exact same shirt. Same raglan sleeves, dead on color. Sadly, my gf donated it to Goodwill without my knowing and I never took pictures (I hadn't discovered this forum yet).
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:
    Tangentially related: As far as I know, the designer used in the movie hasn't been identified. I don't know about the jacket but I would bet some money that the joggers and shirt were by Mark & Spencer. I'm 90% sure. I had what looked to be the exact same shirt. Same raglan sleeves, dead on color. Sadly, my gf donated it to Goodwill without my knowing and I never took pictures (I hadn't discovered this forum yet).
    The shirt was American Apparel
    Good thing no one was taking this prop bet.
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    American Apparel Baby Thermal I believe, you can still find it occassionally but rarely in the blue color.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Wasn’t the tracksuit Puma? Or was that just the pants, not both?
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent
    Yeah the tracksuit jacket and pants were limited production pieces by Puma for the film I believe

Look closely for the puma logo at the top of the left thigh. On the jacket the logo is barely visible on the side of the upper left arm.

img3.jpg?_ga=2.133481102.1446248852.1594961144-589081301.1594961144

tons of pics here: https://propstore.com/the-prop-store-collection/james-bond-skyfall/james-bonds-tracksuit/

read more on this thread: https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/48624/skyfall-track-suit-pants-are-puma/

JTM wrote:
    Wasn’t the tracksuit Puma? Or was that just the pants, not both?
    It's unfathomable to me that Puma didn't mass produce that. It's maybe the best looking thing they've ever made.
    It was Puma yes - not sure why they didn't. The logo is a little large on the JSC one but the detail is great, the sadly missed GadgetMeister did the logo for them as the original was way off, so its very accurate now
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Actually had one of these issued by the Army back in the eighties, but donated it to one our PTI’s so he could look buff in it! (They were tight fitting for those body beautiful PTI’s! :))

Bought one from Joint Services original stock about 6 years ago without logo (don’t need it that accurate as I use them to train in). Bought a newer one last year and found they had added hand pockets at the lower chest like a Harrington. So no longer SA, but I guess you could remove these and sew up the seam.

Cheers :007)

P.S Original in film was made by Puma
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    Off topic, but what happened to GadgetMeister?
    Thomo wrote:
    It was Puma yes - not sure why they didn't. The logo is a little large on the JSC one but the detail is great, the sadly missed GadgetMeister did the logo for them as the original was way off, so its very accurate now
    Unfortunately Andy passed away just before lockdown- all very sad https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/47942/the-gadget-meister-tribute-prop-only-thread/page/34/
    I guess I had missed that post. I had no idea. RIP.
    Thomo wrote:
    Unfortunately Andy passed away just before lockdown- all very sad https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/47942/the-gadget-meister-tribute-prop-only-thread/page/34/
  • StormsComingStormsComing UKPosts: 18MI6 Agent
    My SIS cotton t-shirt arrived and I'm impressed - the only issue I find is that the short sleeves appear rather long. I have asked JSC if this is a common issue.
  • Sterling ArcherSterling Archer Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    I had a terrible experience ordering from that company. They were terribly unresponsive and didn't send my items after 2 months. I had to open a PayPal claim and get my money back. I have heard about similar terrible experiences.
  • StormsComingStormsComing UKPosts: 18MI6 Agent
    I had a terrible experience ordering from that company. They were terribly unresponsive and didn't send my items after 2 months. I had to open a PayPal claim and get my money back. I have heard about similar terrible experiences.

That doesn't sound good at all - I can say however I've had good service with my first order, email confirmations and quick delivery.