Pink Panther (1963) watchalong on Friday 29. of October at 8 PM GMT!

15678911»

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,602MI6 Agent

It might also interest you that almost 40% of the votes om the NTTD poll rate it 5 or 6 on a scale from 1-6. People who enjoy NTTD aren't as rare as you think.

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 2,596MI6 Agent

well we gotta get some of these folks to post more, the discussions about the new movie are getting repetitive in their negativity. Come on lurkers!

I actually enjoyed it in the theatre, and like some aspects even more in retrospect as I think about it (such as the idea the story is actually from Madeleine's PoV). but I'm scared to say so in front of the cool kids...

a groupwatch of an actual new Bond film could be very interesting so longs its not a competition who hates the film the most. All the other films we'd each seen a couple dozen times, but this one we're still figuring out how to react to and real-time responses may be more spontaneous.

edited November 24

That's one big plus with polls. It's not about who shouts the most. A lurker and someone like me who posts most days count the same.

I agree that a watchalong for a fairly new movie is exciting and new.

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 31,983Chief of Staff

I'm ok with any of the three movies mentioned.

Of the three movies I prefer Hunt for the Red October on the grounds that I have it in my posession. I can get the others too, but it takes time. After the last watchalong I feel I need to prove that I actually know where my DVD is 😁:

• GymkataGymkata Minnesota, USAPosts: 3,487MI6 Agent

Count me in for a NTTD watchalong. I've seen it twice and full on LOVE the movie. I haven't commented on it much beyond my initial postings because the constant re-litigation of the same few points by the haters is tiresome.

As to the other films mentioned, I'd be most keen on THfRO for a watchalong but I'd do any of them.

Current rankings:
    OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
    TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
    Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton

That's three people who're in for a Red October watchalong. Keep it coming!

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 2,596MI6 Agent

Gymkata said:

Count me in for a NTTD watchalong. I've seen it twice and full on LOVE the movie. I haven't commented on it much beyond my initial postings because the constant re-litigation of the same few points by the haters is tiresome.

good to hear @Gymkata ! I remember a couple years back you did a nice series of reviews of all 24 films, did you do one for the new film yet, or are you still processing?

Thing is with those earlier group-watches (I only actually participated in three before work-from-home got in the way) I know I was definitely guilty of recycling old material, I suspect most of us were. Nice to have all our various thoughts posted in one thread, but much of what we posted was probably thoughts we had formed years before. but if we can do No Time to Die, what we post in Real Time will be much closer to genuine spontaneous reactions since we're still digesting the film, it should be a very different experience at the least.

Imagine if we did a groupwatch of this new film and none of he participants had seen it even once!

CP: Thank you, I'm glad you liked my initial write up of each of the original films as I did them. I enjoyed doing that.

And you're right, it should be fun to do a watchalong of NTTD where we're all at the same place in the film and commenting on it in real time directly, lovers and haters.

Hopefully my gif posting will up up to snuff!

Current rankings:
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 1,505MI6 Agent

Are these reviews somewhere in the James Bond Films subsection? I checked your discussions @Gymkata and they don't appear to be on any thread you created?

man, I don't remember when or where I posted those. It was early on in my tenure here on this site.

Current rankings:
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 1,505MI6 Agent

It's okay, I found it in Last Bond Movie You Watched...

If I'd used the search function properly I'd have dug it up first time. I intend to view them tonight for a bit of light reading.

• Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,406MI6 Agent
    edited November 27

I'd be happy if there was a watchalong soon although December is a busy month so it might depend on when.

I agree that an early NTTD watchalong is a good idea and I suspect that card-carrying haters wouldn't want to join in with it in the first place. But I'm sure anyone would be welcome and if there were some polarised points of view it could make for an entertainingly animated occasion.

Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 50 years.

The watchalong won't happen before new years and most likely in January. The DVD isn't available until December 20, and the Christmas holliday is full of all sorts of social events. January seems better.

I want a wide range of people with different opinions to join.

• Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,406MI6 Agent

Oh, sure. It was your plan for Hunt for Red October (or alternatives) I was wondering about first...

Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 50 years.

I see. We haven't really talked about the time of the watchalong beyond the month yet. We need to het enough people to show an interest for one of the movie first, then settle on a date.