Pink Panther (1963) watchalong on Friday 29. of October at 8 PM GMT!

Comments

• Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,172Quartermasters

I look forward to the next one, which I guess will be The Magnificent Seven based on our previous discussions.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,602MI6 Agent

Whatever the next movie is, I'll have to find it, frame it and hang ut up on the wall!

• Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,172Quartermasters

Best to get a projector and a 35mm print in. Harder to mislay.

edited October 30

You underestimate my abilities to mislay. "Lisence to mislay" 🤣

Now it's time to talk about what to watch next. I suggest a spy/ Bond spoof, perferably a Jonny English movie.

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 31,983Chief of Staff

Higgins and I have been talking- how about "A Shot In The Dark", the immediate sequel to "The Pink Panther"? It's a logical choice.

• Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,406MI6 Agent

Yes, I'd be interested in watching 'A Shot In The Dark' next, and 'The Magnificent Seven' at some point. I'd personally be less sold on 'Johnny English'.

Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 50 years.

If we're watching a western I'd prefer "Once upon a time in the West". It has Bond's father in law in it and in my opinion it's a better movie.

It's long, though- about the same as NTTD!

The Bourne Identity

or

Hunt for the Red October

• Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,406MI6 Agent
    edited October 31

Kurosawa's 'Seven Samurai' (1954) is on cinema re-release across the UK as part of its Japan 2021 season: that would make a nice background over here against which to enjoy a watchalong of 'The Magnificent Seven' at some point. Kurosawa's 'Yojimbo' (1961) is part of the same BFI season; in turn it was famously a clear influence on 'A Fistful Of Dollars' - a Leone movie which has a more watchalong-friendly run time than 'Once Upon A Time In The West'? As a bonus, the dvd commentary for 'A Fistful of Dollars' by Chris Frayling is superb; Frayling is an afficianado of popular 60s cinema and draws parallels between the cinematic style of the Man With No Name spaghetti westerns and Bond.

Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 50 years.
  • GymkataGymkata Minnesota, USAPosts: 3,487MI6 Agent

Looks like you guys had fun!

Current rankings:
    OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
    TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
    Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton

My completely objective opinion is that "Hunt for the Red October" is the best suggestion yet.

My completely objective opinion is that we have 3 votes for "A Shot In The Dark". 😝

Current rankings:

Hadn't heard that, thanks Gymkata!

Er... does that mean 4 votes now?

Does that mean it'll be "A shot in the dark" just because you've got more votes than me? That's not how democracy should work!

no, sorry. I'm all in for HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER, though.

Current rankings:
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 4,138MI6 Agent
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

No, CHB, no no. "I told you so" and "See, this has been very bad for our country's economy" and "Explain all these shortages, please" (yesterday my local supermarket had no pork, spaghetti or certain cheeses). That sounds like a remainer.

I still think the movie should remain (😏) The Hunt for Red October. Possibly one of the Indiana Jones movies or "The wrong trousers".

Alas, I don't have a copy of "The Wrong Trousers". I do have all the Indiana Jones and Jack Ryan movies, though. And all the Pink Panthers.

I don't suppose we could take a left turn into either Universal or Hammer horror films.....? Nah, thought not.

edited November 23

Jason Bourne is one of the important spy movies andre even influenced Bond, like it or not. I think we should watch The Bourne Identity.

Count me out for that one, N24. I don't have a copy, and I don't like those movies.

We all know it's just a question of time before we have our NTTD watchalong, right? We all need to get hold of the DVD or buy it on some streaming service first. That won't happen until we've had a walk aound a decorated tree, followed any a lot of time spent with our families. That means a watchalong in January or February at the latest. Do you agree?

For me, what do you think? 😁

Nothing sooner, though?

We could have a watchalong in December.

I put it to you that it's our goal to arrange a watchalong in December featuring one of these three movies:

- A shot in the dark (Pink Panther)

- Hunt for the Red October

- The last crusade (Indiana Jones)

What movie do you prefer?

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 2,596MI6 Agent

Number 24 said:

We all know it's just a question of time before we have our NTTD watchalong, right? We all need to get hold of the DVD or buy it on some streaming service first.

I might even join you for that one, should be very interesting. But you'll have to find someone who admits to liking it to take part, to make conversation a bit interesting, otherwise I can predict how its going to go.

I like it. Some days I dislike the ending, other days I like it. What I agree with myself all the time is that it's a very well-made movie with a very interesting plot.

I'm glad you want to take part of cource.