Danner NTTD

Comments

• JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent

I echo what everyone is saying that the resell amounts are insane. This isn’t anything new I guess. People have been doing things like this with Jordan’s, Nike Off-White’s, Yezzy’s, etc. There are pairs of ugly, in my opinion, Nike Off-White Vapormax shoes going for upwards of $1300.00 USD. Insane. Good luck to all that were able to order these Danners. Hoping all your orders will be fulfilled. **Fingers Crossed**

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

I did the same, all sizes in stock, but they went oos immediately. So would guess they only had 3 or 4 of each, similar to Huckberry / Uncrate stock totals

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent

Huckberry is live now with their stock of 50 pairs - https://huckberry.com/store/danner/category/p/71959-007-tanicus

Already almost sold out after minutes.

Kind regards,

Craig

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

It went live on Huckberry about 5 minutes early. The sizes pretty much went OOS from smallest to largest---8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 11, 10, 10.5, 11.5. and 12.

As of now only size US13 left.

Edited: Now completely sold out.

• JTBondJTBond Posts: 112MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

I was on the Huckberry site hitting refresh and they went live around 3:55PM (EST). After several cart errors and endless refreshing, I came away with the 9.5's I needed. As of this post, they are now all sold out.

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

Grrr had an 11 in my bag the moment it came on but wouldn't check out...guess these boots aren't happening for me :(

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

Success but not over till it ships!!!

Instagram - bondclothes007

Anyone notice this special add on, from the 007store page -

This special 007Store edition comes with a limited edition 007 x Danner passport case made with all-black leather from the Danner boot factory in Portland, Oregon

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

I got through at 3:55pm and 8s and 8.5s were already gone.

• JD_007JD_007 Glasgow, UKPosts: 41MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

Had the same outcome with a pair in my size JTM. Very disappointing again. This whole release is been a pretty awful experience.

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent

The Uncrate boots didn’t come with the passport case but they did include the keychain.

It appears it's a 007store "exclusive", oooooooooooh

...so any word on the End Clothing drop? Last chance 🤞

• AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent

The whole issue around these boots is an absolute disgrace. Fans missing out due to scumbags wanting to make a fortune….

The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • IceQIceQ Posts: 298MI6 Agent

You think that’s bad, google ‘EF Education x Palace’ cycling kit, most team kits end up at 50-60% off end of season or worse, Chuck a palace logo on it and all of a sudden sells out in 5 minutes then ends up on eBay marked up 10x or more, hype sucks.

• JTBondJTBond Posts: 112MI6 Agent

Just got my 10.5 US in the mail. I have 2 other pairs of boots that are both 9's but I wear a 10 in sneakers. Having said that, I'm shocked at how well these fit. I lined them up with a pair of boots from Thursday Boot Company that are size 9's and the length appears to be nearly identical. Just throwing it out there, this may be a trend for these boots to run small.

Other than that, the boots are extremely comfortable. They feel like I've owned them for years so I don't see there being a break in period at all.

If anyone has any questions let me know.

• mhj116mhj116 Posts: 31MI6 Agent

Mine are to arrive tomorow. I was originally going to keep them or sell them at cost but I’m also paying off a wedding… that resale is wild

Look you have your reasons, but poor form. A lot of fans have missed out on the initial drops of these and it’s the resellers, just looking to make a profit, who are making it impossible to pick them up at all!

• Says the guy who took bids on this forum during the sale of his tom ford spectre morocco tie that he ended up selling for over $500.

Members talk.

Don't be a hypocrite. That too is bad form.

And how do you know the details on that transaction from several years ago triple seven, who only joined us Feb this year? Anyway there’s a difference between taking bids and accepting someone’s high offer. I’m sorry.

• SnorpleySnorpley Posts: 86MI6 Agent

I think triple seven was maybe just thinking out loud when saying he might sell them. And it's not as if he bought up several pairs, so I'd be cool with whatever he does with 'em anyway. In fairness, anyone who actually bought at release couldn't have been betting on these 3x or 4x 'valuations' we are seeing.

...a brother from Sydney

This was basically my thought process. I genuinely wanted the boots and was lucky to get a pair that may or may not fit. I just found the resale prices comically high, and should the ONE size I could get be too large it’s nice to know that there’s a robust market for them. That being said if I do have to sell them why would I take any less than the highest offer? I don’t think it’s poor form for anyone to do that, it’s just the nature of commerce.

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent

I know a fair number of re-sellers from the thrifting world. For them it's a business, just like any other. And I know for a fact it's a risky business. For every "strike gold" like these Danners, they have way more losses when the re-sale value didn't match the hype. Some things are no-brainers (Supreme drops, Yeezies or a LE Nike colorway), but things are seldom that obvious. They are always on the hunt, willing to take chances, and (the ones I respect at least) work hard for the pennies.

I get the disappoint over the Danners. Especially those of you who had the boots in their carts and were unable to check out. That would frustrate me as well, even knowing as I do that inventory counts can lag by a couple of seconds on web store-fronts. But, to beat a dead horse, my greater frustration is with Danner's customer service. Asking people to sign up for a notification for an LE product and then not even sending out an email (or, even better, allowing those who signed up to get early access) is the real poor form.

As for @mhj116 decision about his boots: well, they are his boots and he can do what he wants. People buy low and sell high all the time. Maybe we're being a little sensitive because this particular case it's a Bond item we want but can't get. However, if I was considering selling the boots I had in hand for a higher proft, I probably would have been a little more discreet about it. Announcing it here, where the fans are already frustrated, might not have been the wisest move. Just saying ....

Cheers

John

Fair point-to be clear I originally announced it on here well before the Ebay resells popped up, and only after I was forced to buy a size that may not fit. My thought was that if I can’t wear them, the only aftermarket that would exist would be within the confines of this forum ( and they would go to someone who wanted them) I’ve never resold a Bond item before and didn’t expect that kind of fervor or disappointment. I think this all goes back to Danner botching the rollout and leaving people angry.

• chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent

Anyone ordered the danner boots and connolly shirt from 007 uk store.

Since I ordered them at 7am on the release day, I've heard nothing.

They've also not responded to emails, not like them

bit concerned they added them for sale but had no stock delivered , my hopes are diminishing ☹️

007 reporting for duty
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

I've ordered quite a bit of stuff from the 007 UK store and always had great customer service and no problems at all. Hopefully this is just a slight hiccough and you'll get your stuff soon!

• StormmauerStormmauer Posts: 121MI6 Agent

I ordered the boots at 9am from U.K. store, only contact I had was that they acknowledged my change of address.

im hoping that they’re just awaiting the shipment to arrive. They were for sale far earlier than danners stock was.

• arinwaysarinways Posts: 2MI6 Agent

Hi gents. I spoke to the store today in the uk . They said that the stock has just arrived today and will go out in the next few days. They are also shipping from within the uk.

• jacekalanjacekalan GdyniaPosts: 73MI6 Agent

It's hard for me to believe that they are truly limited. It would be unwise for Danner to kill the golden goose. I understand that the packaging might a (limited) license issue, but the shoe itself is their own, old design.

Connolly reissued the shirt along with the launch of the 007 collection, even though it was supposed to be limited run. I hope Danner will reissue them in the near future, because I wanted to see the movie first and then decide if I am ready to buy the whole commando outfit ;)