Danner NTTD

Comments

• RichardCard82RichardCard82 Posts: 292MI6 Agent

I bought it from the Huckberry store in the US, I usually wear 11 in sneakers and 10.5 in Thursday Boots... I seen that they're true to size.... Now I dont know

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent

I am a US 11.5 wide/extra wide in sneaker. I got a US12 from Danner directly. They are too narrow for me. I was halfway expecting it. If they ever offer the boot in a wide I would probably have to do a 12 wide as an 11.5 would probably still be tight.

• dwf76dwf76 Chesterfield, UKPosts: 46MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

I don't have a wide foot, but after reading these comments I have a feeling the 11 will be small for me.....

Well I just got them, They fit fine, a little narrow but nothing that I can't handle. I do wish I had gone half a size bigger. Would have been better if it was less snug fit, but they're easy to put on.

• JD_007JD_007 Glasgow, UKPosts: 41MI6 Agent

I’m not convinced clarification of UK/US sizes was detailed on the 007 store when they began selling the boots.

I checked several times for such clarification very early on the day they were launched. I normally take a UK size 7, so when I saw the smallest size was “8” I emailed them for further details. Obviously they sold out extremely quickly afterwards and I missed out on that drop. I then also missed out on the Danner and Huckberry drops too - had a pair in the basket both times and experienced site crashes after I clicked to pay for them.

The whole experience was disappointing and shambolic to say the least, and I currently suspect the clarification of “US sizes” has only recently been added to the 007 store product description.

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

Yeah I missed it, if it was there at all on purchase day...

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • crazycanuckcrazycanuck Posts: 15MI6 Agent

Glad I dodged a bullet and didn't get a pair. I was originally planning to use them for work. Got a pair of black Tachyon's instead and love them to bits.

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent

My experience wearing them the past few days is that most people will probably be happiest going up a half size. This is especially true if your feet are wide. But as always YMMV. I took my normal size (10..5 US) because I’d seen something about them running true to size. They fit fine, as it happened, except for being narrow. I own some cheap shoe stretchers, fortunately, and, 24 hours later, I had a pair of great fitting boots. But if doing it again, yes, I would have gone with an 11.

edited September 2021

Yeah I'm in your boat, they fit fine as 11 but 11.5 would have been perfect

@Cheverian how does the shoe stretcher work? doesn't that ruin the boot?

Well Danner swap is on between me and a member. Just occurred to me it's very Spy Who Loved Me as they track and (hopefully) pass each other mid air between UK and US 🥂

• StormmauerStormmauer Posts: 121MI6 Agent

Boots came today and I thought I’d share a few comments.

• People are correct in saying they do not offer a lot of ankle support. The nylon is thin and unpadded, makes a very flexible boot.
    • Ordered a size 10US, I’m a U.K.9 in most things and these boots are snug. Are they too small? Not in my opinion. I probably wouldn’t have sized up. Even with thick NATO socks on, very comfortable.
    • Packaging is stunning. They really thought about this and they do feel very luxurious!

use:

• every day walking boots for countryside exploration. Probably wouldn’t use them in hiking, but then I wear timberlands for basically everything!
  • km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent

The materials are a little tougher than you might think, but they are slightly thinner than the materials in American made Danner boots I have in a similar style. You could in theory use these as a light spring / summer work boot.

Obviously if you want to keep them looking good for a while, you wouldn't put them through hard use anyway. I wore mine to the office yesterday as a nod to the premiere finally happening across the pond. Looks great with black jeans and grey top.

• JamesBondJamesBond RomePosts: 43MI6 Agent

Hi,

have you bought the boots on 007 store on drop day 16th September?

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

Mine arrived. They sent the wrong size - nightmare as not as if they will have the correct one

Instagram - bondclothes007
  • StormmauerStormmauer Posts: 121MI6 Agent

I did buy them on drop day from 007 store U.K.

Thanks, I ask you because i buy them on drop day from 007 store but i haven't received yet :(

• dwf76dwf76 Chesterfield, UKPosts: 46MI6 Agent

I haven't had a despatch notification yet either. I sent an email last week querying it and was told it'd be out for delivery early this week.

Thanks , hope to receive me too the boots soon , i haven't received a tracking just the order confirmation !

• chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent

Yes guys I was exactly the same , 007 store UK emailed me to say stocks have arrived but they were awaiting shipping boxes for the boots.

This was on Monday but still no despatch.

So hopefully in a few days

007 reporting for duty
  • JD_007JD_007 Glasgow, UKPosts: 41MI6 Agent

I’m not convinced clarification of UK/US sizes was detailed on the 007 store when they began selling the boots.

I checked several times for such clarification very early on the day they were launched. I normally take a UK size 7, so when I saw the smallest size was “8” I emailed them for further details. Obviously they sold out extremely quickly afterwards and I missed out on that drop. I then also missed out on the Danner and Huckberry drops too - had a pair in the basket both times and experienced site crashes after I clicked to pay for them.

The whole experience was disappointing and shambolic to say the least, and I currently suspect the clarification of “US sizes” has only recently been added to the 007 store product description.

Hi,

Just received the DHL tracking from 007 store , if you live outside UK the cost is about +60£ for duty and taxes , next week i'll receive and hope the size are ok 🤞

• chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent

Looks like my experience may have gone up in smoke too

Time will tell , fingers crossed .

007 store this time has been poor to say the least

007 reporting for duty
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,326MI6 Agent

Just in case some haven't seen my earlier post- I have a pair of US size 9's(8.5UK) that are just a tad too small. If anyone has the opposite problem and has a US size 9.5, or US 10's, looking to go a size smaller, please PM me and we can exchange.

Cheers,

Blair

• IceQIceQ Posts: 298MI6 Agent

END have 8.5 UK in stock - GO!

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent

Damn, wish they had some larger sizes as well…

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent

And they’re somehow still available…no one’s interested in the 8.5 or error with stock status on the site??

• IceQIceQ Posts: 298MI6 Agent

They had 9.5 before so stock system seems to be functioning

Wonder if the uk8.5 is -

1. US 9.5/uk8.5 as per box label.

2. US 9.0/uk8.5 as per tongue.

3. US 8.5/uk7.5 as per 007store way of selling the.

4. Could be anything really...

• 000-7000-7 EnglandPosts: 78MI6 Agent

It will be interesting.....

There's the exact same boot up on fleebay..... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324810547427 selling for £899.00

The pictures indicate box=9.5US / 8.5UK / 43EU, whereas boot label=9.5US / 9UK / 43EU

I was on chat with End this morning and they simply referred to manufacturer's quoted stats (Brannock chart previously mentioned) of 27cm inside measurement - which equates to everything as written on the boot.

If anyone has a UK8 (box indicated) please let me know the actual inside measurement.... Many Thanks

These days it takes three kills...!