Book Covers

1131415161719»

Comments

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,213MI6 Agent

Hal Ellson is an author in his own right - one of those odd coincidences that happen in life - both of them were mistaken for the other at various points of their careers as their star shone and faded accordingly.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,323Chief of Staff

Ah, thanks!

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,253MI6 Agent

That Too Hot To Handle cover looks as if it was designed for a bodice ripper. Simply appalling in terms of representing the text inside, but decent as an audience drawing illustration.

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent

@CoolHandBond suggested I post this on the Book Covers thread so here it is - though of course it's not 'random' here!

It hails from Twitter/X to mark the anniversary of the book's publication recently.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

It's very nice, thanks for posting that (twice, so thanks X2). I have or have had all but the 4th and 5th of those at one time or another in 60 years of Bond fandom but alas, can't keep everything.

edited March 26

I have four of those soft covers... I didn't collect the Signet or Crime Book versions. Maybe it is time, but it isn't cheap collecting Bond books anymore. Thanks for the post.

And this wouldn’t happen here in Cebu City 😉

Some well-known authors there, CHB.

To compliment @chrisno1 ‘s wonderful Saint In The Sixties thread these are from 1960-1963…

And thank you @CoolHandBond

This weeks selection…

"Too Hot To Handle"..... sounds familiar....

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,569Chief of Staff

More covers of paperbacks that filled the shelves in the “Sleaze” section of the shop - probably the most popular and best selling section for some reason.

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,569Chief of Staff

Sex Avengers 😏 am I the only one hoping for an Emma Peel spinoff? 🤗

YNWA 97
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent

Those covers are "very sexiful". 😉

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,944MI6 Agent
    edited April 21

this picture reminds me of a sketch Tom Hanks and Jon Lovitz used to do on Saturday Night Live. in its final iteration, they were on a seniors cruise ship trying to pick up little old ladies "our standards could not sink any lower!"