MY BOND COLLECTION

Hi everyone. I am new to this site but I have been a James Bond fan ever since the first movie. I am 71 years old so remember seeing almost all the films from Dr No to No Time To Die. Just recently though I have been building up a props collection. Some of the items I have built myself including 3D printed items. I own and use two 3D filament printers. These include a complete Attache case from the film From Russia With Love.This took quite a while to build and has all the working features. A complete Attache case bomb from Octopussy and other 3D printed props. I also have a real Walther PPK pistol with silencer that is deactivated with its certificate and a very rare Armalite AR7 sniper rifle also deactivated. I am putting up photos of my props so far. I have other props coming including a very rare original vulcan bomber pilots head gear from the film Thunderball. This will hopefully arrive later this week. This collection will eventually be on display at the Dover Transport Museum in Kent as they have a James Bond display and I am a member. Anyway I hope you all like my modest collection which is still growing. My best to you all John (R2D2).

THESE NEXT THREE ITEMS ARE ON THERE WAY

HOPE YOU ALL LIKE MY MODEST COLLECTION

Comments

• ttdriverttdriver Posts: 202MI6 Agent

Nice Collection! Thanks for sharing-The briefcase is especially good. Would love to have one in my own collection.

• loader10569loader10569 Posts: 49MI6 Agent

Very nice, totally agree the briefcase from FRWL is a beautiful thing, especially with a AR-7 Very nice

• MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    edited April 2022

Some nice items there, John. And welcome to the AJB!

I also see you have chosen to display some alternative items instead of the screen matched replicas 😉

Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent

some nice stuff there John, thanks for sharing.

• Tato007Tato007 France Posts: 370MI6 Agent

Love the Octopussy case ! Did you do your own 3D plan?

Nice collection ! now you have to find the screen acurate instead the alternative 😉

• R2D2R2D2 Posts: 23MI6 Agent

Thanks for all your positive replies. I would love to have screen accurate props but as you probably know these can be very expensive. An example is the Dart Gun from Moonraker. There is a metal screen accurate one for sale but its £375.00. So I designed my own 3D printed version. Much cheaper and looks OK. It has a sliding section and is also magnatized. The Vulcan bomber head gear is coming from a repritable dealer and will be coming with a COA.

To answer the question about the Octopussy bomb case. The case was from ebay and the rest I built it myself using screen shot stills as reference. Its pretty close although at some point I need to get an IONA stop watch which is the one used in the screen shot. At the moment its just a paper printed face. But then again there is a stop watch for sale on ebay but its £55.00. More expense. As mentioned above If I could afford screen accurate props I would buy them but my budget is pretty limited as I'm on a pension. The most expensive prop was the Armalite AR7 sniper rifle. It cost £350.00 but its a real deactivated gun that was the type used in the film so is as accurate as you can get. The Walther PPK is also a real pistol but deactivated so this is also very accurate. However this also cost me £330.00 so collecting props that are either accurate or authentic can be incredibly expensive.

I need to amend my statement above about the dart gun. It does not have a sliding part or is magnatized. I was thinking of the Goldfinger tracking device. This is my own design and 3D printed. As for as I know no one makes a prop of this type.

• texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,347MI6 Agent

Great collection - thank you for sharing

John, you mean the Goldfinger Homers? I know a few people who made them and one professional nutter who fully custom made by hand the Gillette Slim Adjustable razor's handle to get the smaller homer fitted inside the handle.

Then Factory Entertainment made a licensed set of the Goldfinger homers, back in 2011/12. But I'd say their set was based on the replica, made by "our man" in Belgium.

Formerly known as Teppo
  • loader10569loader10569 Posts: 49MI6 Agent

I got mine from a bloke in the States if I remember rightly, solid aluminium block been machined, slides open and springs back but no noise or lights, not magnetic though. Brass small version is just a miniature version really.

Ah. I know someone did make a metal version. I'm not sure how much they are though, Probably over £100. As Iv'e said I know I keep going on about prices but I cant always afford genuine props.

• thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,845MI6 Agent

Welcome. Nice representations of the actual props. Being 68 I also had the pleasure of growing up seeing all the Bond films from Dr. No on up to NTTD. Interesting that the Zorin Horse injector on your prop info sheet is the one I made.

Again, WELCOME! Looking forward to seeing news additions to your collection. --Ed

I made the Zorin horse injector from old style audio sockets and connectors as was the original. Its pretty close to the original although I could do with a more accurate case. The one its in is clear plastic where as the original was metal.

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent

A treasure trove of a thread. Thank you for sharing your collection.

Hi all. Just received the Vulcan bomber head gear today. Looks really nice and in pretty good condition considering its age. The letter it came with apparently was to thank a Mr Simonds who ever he was for lending them some equipment although I'm not sure what. However it does look authentic and seems to prove that the head gear was used in the film as its signed off by Gus Agosti who was the assistant director. Look at the pictures and say what you think?

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    edited April 2022

I’m afraid that letter is a really bad fake. A pity you didn’t check here first. I hope you haven’t lost too much money on that deal.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent

I paid a total of £50 for the head gear which even if its not genuine isn't to bad. It looks as though its a genuine Vulcan head set though not actually from the film. It still looks the part.

Had a bad feeling, when i saw words dealer and COA mentioned in John's earlier post regarding the RAF Pilot cloth.

Formerly known as Teppo
    edited April 2022

I think you need to do some research before buying these things. You also said you bought the PPK for £330 and that its a real deactivated one. Sadly it’s not, it’s a Walther PPK/S BB gun. You can get them for less than £100 new. I’m sorry to break it to you. Due diligence is needed as there are a lot of scammers out there.

https://www.pellpax.co.uk/airguns/air-pistols/co2-powered-air-pistols/umarex-new-walther-ppk-s-co2-4-5mm/16477

edited April 2022

Yes it was this listing/ I will have to learn to check the listings before buying.

Well the listing clearly states that it ISN’T screen used and that it’s a REPRO prop. And it doesn’t mention a COA declaring it is anywhere. So it begs a question…..

So the letter came from the seller banshee-uk? I wonder why, cause there's no mention about it on the description, other than it belonged to squadron leader etc. .. Never dealt with this seller, some others here on the board seem to know him as Andy.

Formerly known as Teppo
    edited April 2022

Well part of the “COA” was clearly a photocopy taken off one of his other listings. A reproduction call sheet from Dr No🤣

Clearly states it’s a repro in that listing too.

Listing call sheet….

R2D2’s “COA”

Formerly known as Teppo

Sorry, didn't see this post earlier. Agreed, 50 quid ain't bad at all for the RAF Pilot cloth, imo. Still, bad vibes when someone deliberately makes a fraudulent document regarding the authenticity of an item.

Formerly known as Teppo

Hi all. Oops Ive been found out. Sorry all especially Banshee. The letter is a fake. The Vulcan head gear was sold to me as a repro prop by Banshee and yes the Walther PPK is a Umerex BB gun. The reason I did it was because a man I know told me that this site can be missleading and information was very sketchy. So I thought I would test it out but I must addmit I went about it the wrong way. I have now completely changed my mind and I am extreemly impressed at the proffesional way you have conducted your research. I especialy apologize to Banshee as I should never have got them involved in a negative response. They did not supply the letter I posted. They were extreemly helpful and the prop is first class. I will completely understand if you want to ban me from this site and also Bashee and I apologize to all for my indiscresion and Please forgive me. Ive made a right **** up on my first encounter. Yours John.