MY BOND COLLECTION

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    edited April 2022

Bellend.

Your K800i isn’t a K800i and your Colt 1911 isn’t a Colt 1911 either.

Seriously, not even Higgins is this dumb. And MrE is far dumber, otherwise I’d have thought you were him.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • R2D2R2D2 Posts: 23MI6 Agent

The K800I is a real phone but the colt is a plastic BB gun. although it looks fairly real. As I said above and not very proud of it the Head gear supplied by Banshee was a fake letter. I was trying to find out how well this site runs but went about it totally the wrong way. I have certainly learned my lesson and not to listen to other men's comments without varifying there findings. All my other props are either made by me as close as I can get to the originals or are copies. The Armalite AR7 rifle however is authentic and has been deactivated. Once again I apologize to every one on this site for being such an idiot.

edited April 2022

And your AR7 is a real deac AR7 is it 😂. I guess you’re still trying to test us eh! You cheeky scamp you.

• TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
    edited April 2022

And the Nikonos ain't the Nikonos I or Calypso as in Thunderball. Or the AVTAK shaver isn't the Philips Philishave HP1328 😉

And the Minox camera in your collection is Minox C and the one Lazzer has upside down is Minox III A

Formerly known as Teppo

I know I certainly deserve this. However the AR7 is real. Just look at the photos. Ok so its a Charter Arms which I think bought out Armalite but it is a real gun although deactivated.

• TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent

I’m calling BS on @R2D2 - not least because of the lies, but the motivation to ‘test’ the community doesn’t sit right either.

Accepting the items are fake or in accurate, why would a pensioner feel the need to test us on the basis of what a friend has asked him to do. If the said pensioner has genuinely been researching, collecting and printing items he would have undoubtedly used this site for reference and information so would know the accuracy and knowledge of the member cohort here, and would not need to test us. This is a complete set up, just another troll, probably linked to our own Blofeld -MrE

My AR7

• loader10569loader10569 Posts: 49MI6 Agent

I thought a deactivated AR-7 had the barrel attached and not able to take off and store in the butt??

edited April 2022

Oh that’s OK then. Alls forgiven for the rest of the tragic dumbness 😆

Please believe me I'm not a troll or mean any harm to this site. This is the first time I have ever been on here and Iv'e messed it up already by doing what Iv'e done. I have never used this site for reference. I used the internet by grabbing still shots and videos of most of the props I have.

I'm just a stupid old fart that approached this site totally wrong and I apologize. If there is a way of stopping my blog please do so if you need to. I am going to leave this site for one day and see what the rest of your members say. I will then leave for good.

All sounds weirdly familiar.

edited April 2022

All good at my end, John. There's enough room for all of us nutters 🤣

Formerly known as Teppo
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent

This site is known for the place to go for information as we have experts in all fields of Bond, from props to underpants sniffers, watches to signatures. most are also very honourable genuine and generous, so I have no idea why you were told we can be misleading.

You could have gotten Banshee in to trouble as it looks as though a few of us started to look at him and what he is selling, so coming clean was the right thing to do and would have gained some respect back for doing so.

I despise liars, but like others (probably) am prepared to move on, make friends and less of the bull5hit 😁👍️

Well said, Bruv 👍️ 😊 "underpants sniffers..".LMFAO, didn't see that coming LOL

Formerly known as Teppo

I also think that John should have this as his avatar 😁

Thank you danjaqoff for your comment and I fully understand your concern about Banshee. I was totally wrong to use his name in my blog the way I did. Please tell others on this site that Banshee is totally innocent. I really appreciate that your positive about my stupid mistake however I will wait a day to see what other members say to make a move. Iv'e looked at some of the comments about some of my props and yes most of them are not accurate copies or props but are as close as I can get at not to much cost. I know some of you on this site need to have accurate items but some can be extreemly expensive. Any way I am now going to go and will wait for your members decision as to what happens to me. Yours John.

You need a brown stock John.

For anyone wondering, the barrel only use to be glued in place on the deac, now its pinned so it won't come off.

Banshee-UK isn’t a member hear, but asked if I could post this message for them.

• bondsan65bondsan65 Head of Station BPosts: 38MI6 Agent

Great collection R2D2. Thank you for sharing it here with us.

Refreshing to hear there's one subject you're not an expert on...

Please read the thread from Banshee above. And yes. BANSHEE DID NOT WRITE THE FAKE LETTER. I DID AND I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY PROBLEMS CAUSED. I will be returning later to find out the results of your members. Yours John.

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,553Chief of Staff

Please check your PM’s - top right hand corner where the picture of the envelope is 🍸

YNWA 97
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

Wow - what a thread. Lately there seems to be all manner of weirdness affecting this forum…

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".

Hi there Sir Miles. I dont know who the man was I just know him as Jim but even if I did I would not say who he is as this is my doing and not his. Reading all of your comments and write ups I now realise how well run and friendly this site is. You are all giving lots of possitive help on here and I totaly feel very stupid for what I did. As for my props if you read the lists posted with the prop they do not say these are original props but are as close as I can get and are just a representation of what items and props were used in the film it represents. Maby I should re write them a bit better. I am just an average collector and try to make or obtain props for my own pleasure as close as I can to the originals. Some are close to the originals (the Tasco binocular camera and the From Russia With Love bug detector are exsamples) but some of the props are only as close as I can get. I know some of you on this site will only ever except props that are exact copies or even original but some ot these are out of reach for most. However this does not excuse what I have done and I apologize again. To be honest I would like to stay on this site and get much better information so I can build up my collection better but I will totaly understand if any one here wants me to leave. If I am accepted (I hope) You will never ever get any lies from me again. I have certainly learned my lesson and from a silly old fart to you all carry on the briliant work you are all doing. 

• ttdriverttdriver Posts: 202MI6 Agent

I have to say that R2D2 has certainly made a mess of his first posts. I have been a member of the site for many years and view it as THE primary place to come for information on props and memorabilia when it comes to Bond. The members here have always been helpful and I have added many items to my collection based on their input-and superior craftsmanship as well. R2D2-I appreciate your willingness to "fess up" but I can tell you that there is no way that the misidentified and/or poorly described items you posted would have made it past nearly anyone on the forum. I personally began to question them when I looked more carefully after making my first comment on your initial post and compared them to things in my own collection. Rest assured however, that these people are the real deal, and that while you have made a poor first impression at least you are attempting a mea culpa. It sure would have been easier and you would have gotten a better response by simply asking about your items rather than passing them off as things they are not. Hope this is a lesson learned. This community is terrific and I am proud to be a member of it.

Hello again and once again sorry to every one. Especially Banshee and who ever runs this site. Iv'e read the comments above and I know I went about this totally the wrong way but I must ask. There must be at least a couple of my props or items that are close or accurate to the originals. I know some of you might be a bit bias or prejudice because I completely messed up my first post but one or two of my items must be OK for this forum? The attache case took me ages to build and is as close to the original that I could get. OK the knives are 3D resin printed and the false hollow bullet tubes might be the wrong diameter but I tried to get it as close as I could. Similar to the Attache case from Octopussy. All I had to go on was screen shots. I think its fairly close but not totally accurate. The pens are wrong for a start. Any way I do hope you all forgive me and let me stay on here as youv'e probably worked out by now I need a lot of help! I need locking away for what I did for what i did so please be gentle with me. Carry on the great work on here. Yours John (R2D2)

edited April 2022

John, the thing is, accuracy of your props was never a problem. It was ONLY the fraudulent document you created for the Thunderball Vulcan RAF pilot cloth / head gear which caused the sh1tstorm! Good thing is that you stepped forward, admitted that it was you and apologized all parties, especially Banshee.

Now, like many of us has said, you DO have very nice items in your collection and also accurate ones too. Perhaps updating the infosheets is one thing to do, adding words like "replica" or "repro", at least you wouldn't mislead anybody .

Formerly known as Teppo

Hi mandy1. Thank you for your comments and once again sorry for all the problems I have caused. I'm very glad your seeing a positive side to this even though Iv'e been a bit of a prat. If its OK with every one I would like to start afresh and resubmit my props of course disregarding the fake letter of authenticity I did. Yes all my props are either repro's, relica's. or copies, and none of them are original props or items used in any films. As Iv'e said above I am only an amateur collector and have either made or obtained props as close as I can get. This is a personal collection of mine, and although I went about it totally the wrong way I would appreciate any advice or ideas. However if any one on this site would prefer me to leave the site I would totally understand, but please be gentle with a dithering 71 year old fart.