What are the best Bond movie locations?

Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent
edited June 2022 in The James Bond Films

Great locations is a part of the James Bond formula. What do you think are the best locations used in Bond movies in your opinion? To me a great Bond location mre than a beautiful and stunning part of the world, it's also a place that becomes a part of the story. It's a place that's used in the action and the characters use.

In my opinion the best city locations are Istanbul and Venize. Beautiful cities (I've been in Istanbul) tha tare used well in several movies. I'd also liek to mention:

• St. Cyril's in Greece (FYEO)
  • The lake garden palace (OP)
  • Matera (NTTD)

Comments

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

Piz Gloria (OHMSS)

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent

Piz Gloria is a great location, but personally I don't find it very exotic.

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

Thats cuz you have views like these out your front window. Some of us just have postwar suburban strip malls to look at every day.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Switzerland - Piz Gloria and Furka Pass

Italy - Venice, Sardinia and Matera (but being an Italophile, I love all all the locations used in the country).

Bahamas

Egypt

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

"postwar suburban strip malls"...I'd kill to have a view of a postwar suburban strip mall! Luxury! 😁

• I really enjoyed seeing a bit of Gibraltar in TLD, and it was a most appropriate location for Bond as well.
    • Istanbul in FRWL and SF
    • Jamaica...anytime, anywhere. Intrinsic to the very roots of Bond, always beautiful, and great music. Fave views were DN and NTTD.
    edited June 2022

I agree, especially on the Antartica part. Bond should gi somewhere daring and unique!

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

Thank you for picking up on the 'subtle' hint, N24 😎

Hints have to be "subtle" for me pick them up! πŸ˜‚

• StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent

Too many locations for me to pick one. I am a hotel/restaurant lover, so particular favourites are (in no order):

• Palacio Hotel, Estoril (OHMSS)
    • Ocean Club (Bahamas)
    • Hotel Cala De Volpe (TSWLM)

😎

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Nice choices there my friend.πŸ‘Œ

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

I'll second that πŸ™„.

For me, Jamaica then Japan. I'd probably be disappointed to visit them today since they'll have changed so much.

• IceQIceQ Posts: 298MI6 Agent

As a tourist, to visit, my favourites have been Matera and Gravina, Soelden and Bregenz as many of the others don’t have the feeling of being where the film was shot, will visit some of the CR locations soon hopefully!

I envy you, IceQ.

I wonder what the worst Bond locations are? The toilet where Brosnan is revealed as Bond in GE, perhaps? πŸ˜‚

• MI6_HeadquartersMI6_Headquarters Posts: 168MI6 Agent

My favorite locations:

1. Turkey (FRWL & TWINE)

2. Switzerland (OHMSS)

3. Macau (SF)

4. London (All Bond Films)

• DutchJamesBondFanDutchJamesBondFan the NetherlandsPosts: 414MI6 Agent
    edited July 2023

Hi everyone, two weeks ago I was on holiday to Istanbul. Of course I visited a number of James Bond locations while I was there. From Russia with Love took centre stage during my trip because it's one of my favourite films in the series. I visited several locations and made this 25 min video. Hope you like it! Please let me know if you have any questions or tips. Cheers 🍸️

YouTube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8kRqrZl7jw

Don't confuse me with the other DutchBondFan, but be sure to follow his YouTube account. You can read my articles on James Bond Nederland: www.jamesbond.nl/author/gosse/