Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,203MI6 Agent

Nice to see you back, TP, don’t be a stranger, AJB needs you!!!

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,793MI6 Agent

I'm horrified and saddened by the school shooting in Texas. These incidents are always tragic, but the young age of the victims makes this one stand out.

With @Number24 wanting local news from around the world here are the five finalists in the Miss Philippines beauty pageant for entry into the Miss World contest 😁

All news is good news!

How did Purvis and Wade get the idea of the mask in DAD?

Rejuvinate (1999): (4) Rejuvenique Electric Facial Mask (1999) - YouTube

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent

Love those photos @Number24. I used to follow an account on Twitter that used to show those kinds of photos all the time.

I really hate that photo of Goebbels. It gives me the creeps.

Thanks! Goebbels' look is very creepy indeed.

At long last the cinemas have reopened here in Cebu after over 2 years of shutdown due to covid restrictions.

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,307Chief of Staff

You'll have a lot of missed time to make up for.

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,689MI6 Agent
    edited June 2022

Yes, it's a telling photo of Goebbels and he has a very evil and hate-filled stare. It's been said that Goebbels was a real extreme element within the Nazi Party and that he pushed and goaded Hitler to be ever more radical in his antisemitism. Goebbels of course also organised Kristallnacht in November 1938, one of the early state pogroms against the German Jewish population.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    edited June 2022

I'm pretty sure there were many real extreme elements in the German nazi party, but Goebbels was certainly among the completely rotten apples.

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent

One of the highlights of our summer! Fresh picked strawberries!

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited June 2022

Didn‘t know that you are wearing your hair know knotted on the top of your head, Barbel 🤣🤣

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!

Strawberries in May? You've obviously had warmer weather this spring than I have!

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,307Chief of Staff

I also seem to have lost about 30 or 40 years and several kilos.

I wrote this little piece and I thought I could post it here too:

The neighbouring fjord to this one is HJørundfjorden, and it's one of the most stunning fjords in the country.

One of the mountains there is called Otola, a dialect word for "She who cannot be endured". This name was given to the mountain because of all the people who has lost their lives because of avalanches from it. One noteworthy example happened in January 1770 when and avalanche caused three rowing boats carrying a wedding party to capsize. 27 people died. The dead bodies that were recovered were stored in a boathouse because ice on the fjord made it impossible to get them to a church where they could be burried. The frozen bodies were stacked along a wall not to take up too much space. To everyone's shock one of the bodies had moved to the door during the first day. The woman had been alive when they found her, but because of her low body temperature she looked dead. The relatively higher temperature in the boathouse made her concious again and she had crawled to the door. But she must have been unable to get further in her reduced state and died there.

Otola

The latest tragic incident happened in 1971. Here goats and sheep are sent into the mountain during summer to graze there. Most of them come back to the farms in the autumn, but usually the farmers have to get a few animals down. I've been on lots of these little expediotions myself. ThIn 1971 a few of the goats in Hjørundfjord were still unacounted for by November, so nine men went up into the mountains to get them home. They were caught by an avalanche. Two of them were found in time by rescue dogs and survived, but the other seven died. This is a very small community and several families lost both father and son. Ironically the goats came down from the mountain on their own accord.

A curious thing had happened in church (they got a church in 1919) the previous Sunday. There was still an onofficial system of men's side and the women's side of the church, meaning single men sat on the left side and single women on the right. On both sides of the alter were lit candles and people noticed the candles on the men's side burned down while the ones on the women's side burned much slower. The locals were down to earth farmers, but many found this chilling in hindsight.

The British know how to celebrate!

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent

That was the highlight of the whole weekend for me.

I wasn't sure TQ meeting Bond could be topped but a bear from Peru managed it 🤣

edited June 2022

Many enjoy spending time in leisure boats in the nice weather today. 😀

They always said that Bond films were years ahead of their time…

It’s the 124th Independence Day here so celebrations are in full force.

edited June 2022

Right now there's a ferry cueue (cars cuing for a ferry) in the region near Stavanger that's more than six miles long. Aren't summer hollidays fun! 😎

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,689MI6 Agent
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    edited June 2022

It's a walros, but still ... 😂😂

Billie Eilish pauses her concert at the London O2-arena because audience members were fainiting. This isn't the first time she does this. She's a class act!

Billie Eilish stops show at London's O2 Arena after several fans passed out in sweltering heat | Daily Mail Online

We'll waive the formalities as that doesn't work as well! 😃

edited June 2022

Never let facts get in the way of a good joke! 😂