007 The Armoury

Comments

• thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,845MI6 Agent

Feel free to contact me. I'll make sure you get a good copy as soon as I get delivery of the 2nd printing. --Ed

• 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    edited January 2023

The second print run of OO7 The Armoury is now available on Amazon.com

Those holding out for the 156 page numbered hard cover in slipcase and I am one of them, it is coming but it will be early 2023 as the volume itself and its slipcase are being produced in two different countries but it will be worth the wait 👍

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,608Chief of Staff

Thanks for the update 🙂

I’m waiting for the hardback 👏🏻👏🏻

YNWA 97
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent

I wish I had known about the hardback.

• 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

I have the books back in stock...just in time for Christmas!!!!

"Ho-Ho-7"

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

I cannot recommend this highly enough. If anyone is even vaguely interested in James Bond, they should jump at this. It is packed full of amazing information and great photos that will leave even the greatest experts saying "I didn't know that." Hours of pleasure. This will always be regarded as the definitive work on the subject and I have no doubt that it will appreciate in value when it's sold out.*

*This is an unpaid endorsement 😎

Thank you my friend for your kind words. After having official doors slammed in my face for over 6 years it is really nice to finally get the tome onto Bondian and indeed non-Bondian coffee tables exactly how it was always envisioned although an official embossed endorsement would have been nice in the 60th Anniversary year 😪

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,330MI6 Agent

Donk, it's worth noting that an "official" release would have come with editorial and legal restraints, clearance hurdles, meddling notes from the rights holders, and any other number of roadblocks, to the point you might have been miserable about the final product. Please don't fail to appreciate the freedom you enjoyed in assembling YOUR vision of the book. That's not nothing.

• AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent

My copy arrived today, but will have to wait with opening it up until X-mas…😔

The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent

I have every rendition of Famous Gun and enjoyed his humour as well as the information, the Armoury is another animal and look forward to my Hard Back copy next year ❤️

Thank you for your comments which are much appreciated. Indeed, the hurdles were many and the slammed doors were large and very solid therefore thanks has to be given to Graham Rye of 007 Magazine for taking on Famous Gun back in 2016. Without his support and the talented Acaia_Avenue, FG would not have got past the first rejected EON volume and the follow up Sir Roger Moore tribute volume and therefore there would have been nothing for the US publishers to be aware of to jump on after EON rejected the 60th Anniversary Sir Sean Connery tribute volume in March 2021. A long ten year plus journey which is unlikely to go any further (for myself) if OO7 follows the same formula which Disney took with the Star Wars franchise? The title character is very much at this time dead after all! 🤔

Personally I would like to see the next chapter simply entitled as OO7 with Lashana Lynch in the title role 👍️

edited January 2023

And where it all began: Unused and therefore unseen. until now, concept cover design for OO7 Magazine's "The Most Famous Gun in the World!"

The Donkey loves this design 👍️♥️

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,608Chief of Staff
    YNWA 97
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

I wonder if he's kneeling on a pillow 🧐

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    edited January 2023

A great review or two just up on :Amazon.com. Regrettably the Donkey was not the Pinewood Studios Armourer! 😥

Sueg

5.0 out of 5 stars

Excellent and a "must have" for any 007 library

Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on 4 January 2023

Verified Purchase

This book covers all Bond films, all weaponry from Dr. No to No Time to Die, plus two pages on Ian Fleming's Solo which turned into the TV series Man from U.N.C.L.E. on it's weapon development. Hundreds of color up close pictures of all the movie weapons. The Appendix is excellent also with showing pictures of the literary infamous Beretta 418 and others that Ian Fleming wrote about as Bond's first handgun of choice. The author Mark Hazard states it has been nine years in research and over thirty years in the making of this true masterpiece in film props. And his expertise certainly shows since he was the Pinewood Studio armorer. This is a high quality paperback cover and pages almost all in color with great pictures of actors, film scenes and art work. There are 136 page (should be 154 pages) in this work, all very nicely designed.

Diana J. Evelyn

5.0 out of 5 stars

Enjoyed reading the background to the 007 weapons

Reviewed in the United States on 4 January 2023

Verified Purchase

Nice memorabilia

PaW

5.0 out of 5 stars

Excellent!

Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on January 10, 2023

Verified Purchase

Normally don’t post a review but this one has got tons of incredible material like never seen before in any James Bond book. Might order a second one!

Head starting to swell now! 😀

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,723MI6 Agent

That's a great pic, I'm not sure I've seen that photoshoot before. I'm trying to place the hairpiece; is that Goldfinger?

• Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,164MI6 Agent

Received the book - or should I say, 'bible'. Massive thanks to Donk, Spy Guy Productions, Acacia_Avenue and Ed for making such a thing available to us diehards. The amount of effort put in is clear: the provenance and history of the pieces; high quality photos of the actual props utilized on the productions whether practical or rubber; professional paper finish; updated to include NTTD of course which is something I was clamouring for ever since getting my mitts on The Most Famous Gun In The World. Details such as dimensions and serial numbers were very helpful to this toy gun collector as demonstrated in the pic below.

Love the inclusion of non-firearm guns such as spearguns and pitons. So good - one of, if not the most valuable book in my collection!

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.

Andrew, on behalf on myself and the above mentioned, I thank you not only for your support but also for your great review. --Ed

• Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,884MI6 Agent
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
    edited January 2023

Thank you for your positive review BCW. The positive response which the volume has received for photo content, research, writing and presentation (thank you Acacia_Avenue) has made all the early rejection/door slamming (here's a hurdle. See if you can get yer ass over it!) well and truly worth the effort! 👍️

Here is one such review just posted on Amazon.com although he was none too impressed with their packing:

Pedal2Metal_on_YouTube

5.0 out of 5 stars

A must for movie firearm prop fans!

Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on January 21, 2023

Verified Purchase

A must for bond movie firearm prop fans, as well as regular movie firearm enthusiasts. I always wondered who made certain props, such as the original Golden Gun prop. I always thought it was a goofy design personally, but wondered how and who made it the first one, and if the hero gun was of high quality or not. The author even mentions background guns that the villain's bodyguards might be carrying. The book itself is fairly pricey at $60 for a soft bound book, but I'm always willing to pay the 25% more to get a well researched book, with original photos AND one that is printed in THE United States! (I was thrilled to see this book and the last 2 other firearms books I've ordered from Amazon that were printed in the US of A!) What bothers me is how Amazon is shopping this and other softbound books... they shove them in a white plastic envelope, with no cardboard to stiffen the book or protect it!! Mine arrived all bent up... same with my new Panzerfaust book last week; it was trashed! Anyways, as other enthusiasts have said... get this book, Mr Hazard deserves to be recognized for his terrific effort. Also, this book is an awesome companion to my DK books titled James Bond (the secret world of 007) which contains bond movie props snd info. -Royce (pedal2metal_on_youtube)

And here's another:

5.0 out of 5 stars

Great Book !!

Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on January 11, 2023

Verified Purchase

Every Bond fan should buy this !!

• Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent

This looks amazing. Kudos to you, Donk. I’m holding out for the slip cover version for sure.

Thank you MM. Much appreciated. A little SPECTRE bird just told me that the slip case is about to go to print in the US. There will only be 500 hand numbered Donk concept design copies. The Donkey, Acacia_Avenue and Spy Guy Productions are very proud of this hard cover coffee table tome!

• Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent

Excellent. Thanks for the heads-up. I will watch this space!

• CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent

Yep, I always give Amazon book orders a 50/50 chance of arriving in what I consider satisfactory condition. I wonder how much money Amazon loses annually on damaged returns due to lazy packaging.

The book is amazing. Eagerly anticipating the hardcover.

I edit, therefore I am.