007 The Armoury

13»

Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

Any word on the limited edition slip-cased version? Enquiring on behalf of a bookcase.

• thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,845MI6 Agent

The Hardback version is done.  Just now waiting for the slipcases to arrive. --Ed

Very exciting, Ed! I'll keep my eyes open.

They are ready! Just waiting to get the copies shipped to me.  Here are some photos. --Ed

• B549WUUB549WUU Posts: 196MI6 Agent

The hardback version is looking really smart

Her Majesty’s loyal terrier, defender of the so called faith.

That looks fantastic. I can't wait. In the meantime,

For sale: one kidney

Below is the posting from: www.jamesbondlifestyle.com

Three years after the theft of five James Bond guns, the owner offers a £10,000 / $12,000 reward for information leading to the recovery of the stolen weapons. To commemorate three years since the theft, the book 007 The Armoury, which features Wanted posters for the weapons, is available with a 20% discount for a limited time.

007 The Armoury has been a phenomenal success and received with tremendous enthusiasm. Unfortunately, the book also has a sad side; March 23rd 2023 is the 3rd anniversary of the theft of several original James Bond screen-used guns from the collection of John Reynolds, aka "Donk".

Inside the book is the wanted poster you see below.

Spy Guy Productions would like to offer a $12,000 Reward for information leading to the recovery of the stolen James Bond Guns or hand them into your local Law Enforcement establishment to claim the bounty!

So far only a single piece of one gun has been recovered, and the culprits have not yet been identified.

So that this event not be forgotten, Bond Lifestyle and Spy Guy Productions have partnered to offer a 20% discount on 007 The Armoury starting 03/22 until 03/30 in hopes that more books in the hands of fans will mean more exposure of the crime and more significant the chance of recovering the guns. 

Apologies to Remmert for copying the information from his website but I couldn't have said it better myself!

PS: Make sure to check out all the exciting articles on his website: https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/

Are the hardback slip-cased ones available now, Ed?

Yes, I have them available right now. Numbered Hardcover Editions with a sticker on the inside signed by the author. Just drop me an amail at: thefudds@ao

The Hardback edition of "The 007 Armoury" is now available. Protected by a slip-case, this limited edition comes numbered and has a sticker on the inside personally hand signed by the author.

The covers are printed using Spot UV which is a popular coating technique where high-gloss UV coating is applied to a product, by using ultraviolet (UV) light to cure the printed material’s varnish.

This spot UV printing method gives the targeted “spots” a shiny, vibrant aesthetic, and adds a protective coating to the printed product.

This process gives the lettering a slightly raised look which really make it "POP!"

Those interested can contact me directly at: thefudds@aol.com

I can confirm just how fantastic the hardback edition of this masterpiece is. Perfectly bound and in a superb slipcGiven who was involved, I had very high expectations but this managed to exceed even my hopes. It truly is outstanding and in a superb slipcase.

A must-have for anyone even vaguely interested in the topic. Thanks to all who made this happen!

• ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent

Thank you for your very kind comments and thank you too to Ian Fleming for giving me the inspiration from his 1953 book boards design to design the "less is more" boards and slipcase for OO7 The Armoury. Thank you too to Spy Guy Productions who let me run with this even though they were not 100% convinced the "less is more" approach was commercially viable? 🤔

I have just watched Blair's video with Donk and Rob and it's another great source of entertainment and information. I thoroughly enjoyed it. There was so much that left me saying "I didn't know that!" and sent me back to the movies. Some just incredible information. What a massive loss for Eon that they didn't get behind this project.

Thanks to everyone involved for the book (content and production), and the video!

• ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    edited May 2023

Thank you on all counts. We had a blast (literally) filming it. Yes, it is a shame that EON pulled their support for the OO7 TA project and the campaign to recover the guns in the media which initially had the backing of MGW, courtesy of the Alec Baldwin manslaughter incident however a live firearm with live ammunition has no place on any movie set in any country! The official reason was they wanted to distance the OO7 brand from weapons period! The positive thing was without big brother looking over my shoulder and therefore my self editing, we (myself, Rob and Spy Guy Productions) were able to produce a product which I believe is far superior than any volume which could have been produced under the EON banner/restrictions (I do take the P out of them somewhat here and there!) 🙄

The Bond Vivant's Donk's Modest Bond Collection Episode 4 featuring inventory from the Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig movies has now dropped on Youtube! You may require a change of pants for this one? 👍️

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l6oW5orhzg