Morocco Suede Blouson from Royale Filmwear COMING SOON!

armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent

After the success of the Miami leather jacket, Royale Filmwear is bringing us the Morocco Suede jacket!

Looking forward to this one.

https://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com/products/36471849-morocco-suede-blouson

Yes. Consssssiderably.

Comments

• Agent EternalAgent Eternal Athens, GreecePosts: 161MI6 Agent

I was almost certain this was coming!

I already own a version from Wested but there is no doubt in my mind the Royal one will be better so I am getting it as well! I just hope the final version will be of a slightly darker shade that better matches the original.

I also want to say that I recently received my CR Miami jacket and it instantly became my favorite leather jacket (I own 5 so far).

Looking forward to seeing more of it!

• Tato007Tato007 France Posts: 371MI6 Agent

That’s good, maybe they can make the Moroco Polo and pants after that.

• armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    edited April 2023

@Tato007 have you tried the Magnoli Morocco polo?

Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • Tato007Tato007 France Posts: 371MI6 Agent

Yes, but not as good as I expected unfortunatly

• Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent

Looks fantastic! I just think it needs to be a bit darker to match what we saw on screen.

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent

The Royale version is also missing (at least so far) the collar hooks that were on the screen used jacket.

• Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent

That doesn't bother me at all. Those are barely visible and unless you are looking for them on screen, they are very easily missed.

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”

I was wrong about the color. It is a matter of different lighting and exposure between the photots on the Royal's site and the color graded film. It is actually the exact same color.

I have never noticed any collar hooks on the SA jacket!

Open the image in a new tab for a closer look. The costume department copied the John Varvatos split seam jacket (seen in The Martian) which has collar hooks.

• Bottled_in_BondBottled_in_Bond Posts: 19MI6 Agent

Wested offers their replica in two different shades of beige. I went with the lighter shade because it matched my Golden Fox boots. No collar hooks on theirs either.

Hopefully @SilverFinger will drop by this thread when he feels the time is right.

• SamFSamF Posts: 20MI6 Agent

Very interested in this piece. I have Royale's Harrington and Mr. White jacket already both in size M (40) so I would most likely be M in this one too. Would just have to find someone who is able to shorten the sleeves of a leather jacket since both the Harrington's and Mr. White jacket's sleeves were too long for me off the rack.

When the jacket comes up to sale, I would still like to be able to compare the measurements of the jacket to the for example Harrington's measurements displayed in the Royale's website. However, the sizing chart in the website is for the 2022 version of the Harrington and I bought mine in maybe 2019-2020 and I think there was an update at some point. Does anyone know or remember if there were any significant changes to the sizing of the Harrington, or was it just about the fabric or something?

• RichardCard82RichardCard82 Posts: 292MI6 Agent

I was fortunate to find the real Matchless jacket on Grailed for $600 a year ago, Its a gorgeous jacket. I also found the Tom Ford polo that goes with it on eBay

• PandemicPandemic Posts: 82MI6 Agent

Update from Instagram:

The suede's quality looks really good in the photos Daniel posted on Instagram. I hope David will review this for sizing early on so those of us divided between S and M know what we are getting!

• Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent

Try the John Smedley Noah Skipper it’s a good alternative, I have it a number of colours now

Cheers 😀

My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent

Also hoping for another run of the blazer to coincide with the Morocco polo and taupe chinos.

Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • jonathanpinfieldjonathanpinfield Posts: 19MI6 Agent

I’m not sure how practical this is, but is there any way AJB007 members living in the U.K. could order and pay for their jackets (and other Royale Filmwear items) individually, but get them delivered to one address (eg one of the moderators) and then meet up one weekend at an agreed location (eg London).

This could save on shipping costs for some (not all, depending on travel costs), give people chance to meet up and even potentially swap jackets for those looking to size up or down a little.

I know this might not be practical, but thought I’d share my thoughts anyway.

the jacket is looking lovely. If prefer a goat suede for its toughness, but calf is in keeping with the original.

The size chart is up, and I’m a little nervous about committing. I’m an S in most Royale jackets for a slim fit, but I’m afraid 39.4” on the chest might be too tight and restrictive. The alternative is going up to an M, which will definitely be roomy.

I’m going back to look at the movie stills to see how snug DC’s jacket was - it looks pretty slim, like he couldn’t zip it up.

Is everyone else racing to buy taupe trousers as well? :)

• 405405 Posts: 119MI6 Agent

Placed my order today for the new Royale suede blouson. Took my regular Royale size. We will see soon how it fits.

Trying to find some taupe chinos now. Anyone have some suggestions?

Excellent find thanks. Just ordered them! The color looks spot on.

happy to help. I have a few Spectre polos already, but now I’m on the hunt for a pale blue linen shirt. I see a few nice ones at the upper end of the price spectrum, but hoping for something a little cheaper since we are going into winter now.

• CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent

If you are looking for a nice pale blue linen shirt, Uniqlo summer collection has very nice ones.

Very close to Orlebar.

• rrussell4300rrussell4300 Posts: 3MI6 Agent

Has anyone received their jacket yet? Interested in any early reviews!

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent

i received mine about a week ago, my quick review is that it’s fantastic. The RF version has some differences from the Matchless, some of which I happen to actually like more.

By far the main difference is the lambskin suede leather the RF version is made from, as opposed to the original calf suede leather. The lambskin is thicker, stiffer and very slightly lighter in its natural colour. It’s less luxurious than the calf leather of the original which is super soft and fine - but would’ve been impossible to use at this price point. I will say that I actually PREFER the lamb skin in a variety of ways, it feels much more substantial as leather jacket should, it’s warmer, and I find the colour nicer and more versatile. I suppose the biggest downside of the lambskin is that it does make the jacket less than practical for the way Bond wears it in Tangier - it would just be way too hot.

The fit is excellent is excellent and very well duplicated.

The jacket details are spot on, I’m very impressed with this in particular. Royale Filmwear continue to raise the bar in this regard.

Finally, the overall build quality is great. This jacket feel sturdy and substantial and I will definitely be finding reasons to wear it.

I’ve no doubt this is gonna be a big seller for RF. I really hope Daniel considers doing these in some alternative colours.

Thanks for the early review! Can’t wait to get mine in a few days.

Great review, thanks! I toyed with getting a replica made in goat suede a few years ago, for something a bit more rugged and practical.

My RF jacket is still stuck in customs in Chicago :(