Who was James Bond when you were born?

167891012»

Comments

• jorgem1jorgem1 Posts: 131MI6 Agent
    Sean Connery has passed away at age 90 and some of you were born when he was Bond.

Anyone here born in the Connery era?
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,581MI6 Agent
    I was born in 1957 and my first Bond film in a theater was Goldfinger in '64. I then played catch-up with a re-release double feature of DN and FRWL then on to TB and every single subsequent Bond thereafter.
    The news of Sean Connery passing was quite jarring as he will always be my Bond. Connery brought an unmatched charisma and screen presence to Bond. The impression that Connery's Bond made on me as a youngster was indelible and lifelong as my passion for the Bond films has stayed with me through my whole life. IMO, the greatest Bond, who's talent and charisma continued well beyond the Bond films. No matter what role, what film, when Connery appeared on screen, everyone else appeared to shrink. We are blessed that he will live on forever as Bond and in all the other films he did. Rest in peace my 007.
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 1,177MI6 Agent
    I was born between Bonds in 1969, so I get the best of both Sean Connery - who had featured in YOLT - and George Lazenby - who was still filming OHMSS.
    It's like having a favourite uncle and a step dad.
    :)
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,127MI6 Agent
    Sean! And TB was in theaters.
  • SpectreOfDefeatSpectreOfDefeat Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    The Brosnan era, in between TWINE and DAD.
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,299MI6 Agent
    edited November 2020
    Born in between FRWL and GF. Weird to think that the eroticism codified by the first Bond films was part of an increasingly swinging pop culture in which my parents were young people at the time I was conceived!

DAF was my first Bond film in the cinema, soon followed by a series of Connery-Bond double bills. For me, news of Sir Sean's sad passing means the loss of my childhood matinee idol.
    Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 50 years.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,920MI6 Agent
    I was born in the year of DAF.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,161MI6 Agent
    I was born in '64, the year of Goldfinger, and watching DAF in the cinema - my first brush with. 007 - was the seminal moment in my life, sparking a lifelong love for Bond. I nagged my sister to take me to see all the double-bills of the Connery Bonds which were subsequently re-released in the early '70s.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,697MI6 Agent
    My, My wasn't 64 a great year. ;) -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 31,304Chief of Staff
    file-20190722-11314-1tzmsxi.jpg

Not necessarily....
    It gave us a couple of good points ........ ;)

Monica-Bellucci-04.jpg
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    More than a couple, tbh...

IMG-3181.jpg
    Bullocks ! {:)
    :)) :)) :))
  • Cam008Cam008 Posts: 44MI6 Agent
    I'm a 1963 model... Sean Connery !
  • jorgem1jorgem1 Posts: 131MI6 Agent
    Those who were born in 1983, the year Connery made a comeback in NSNA, does not count!
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,559MI6 Agent
    I was born on the day when Mei Hama and Sean Connery filmed their scenes on the top of a real volcano in Kyushu, Japan.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • GyrojetGyrojet Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    I was born Christmas Day 1965.Two days before Thunderball premiered.Wouldnt have it. Any other way.One of the foundation stones of my life has gone.