Project 007(working title) A brand new game from IO Interactive

hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,081MI6 Agent
It's been a few years since we had a new Bond game, so i was surprised to see this! IO Interactive are making a Bond game. The 007 twitter has RTd it.

They are the same company that make the Hitman games,which i am a big fan of. I wonder if they'll take elements from that series and put it into the new Bond game.

They have posted a teaser on their Youtube channel

https://youtu.be/slAhuh21ii8
Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"

Comments

• Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,592MI6 Agent
    This is exciting stuff. Particularly the bit about it being an original story. Hopefully they use a generic likeness of Bond and don’t go with Craig since his tenure is effectively over. My dream has long been for an open-world Bond game. This could be it.
  • Dont_NoDont_No Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Fingers crossed
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,120MI6 Agent
    Saw the teaser trailer for this on You Tube today, I am very excited to see how the game develops. Hope that it will be available for the Nintendo Switch since I just got one for my birthday this year.
  • KladdaghKladdagh FrancePosts: 112MI6 Agent
    Despite the expectations ...
    Only hope you can evolve in the Bond Universe with lots of personalisation ...
    I don't thik the player will be in the 007 shoes ...
    Maybe we can create our own agent ...
    It would be great and leaves lots of oportunities.
    An Online mode would also be great.
    Wait and see ... -{
    ~Never Let Them See You Bleed~
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,081MI6 Agent
    It's early days yet, but it' s very exciting!

• Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,586MI6 Agent
    As an enormous fan of 007 and (as someone who went through the trouble to point out the obvious stuff in the Hitman forums seeing as the people behind Hitman are BIG Bond fans) I saw this coming a mile away but I never thought this would be true.
    The best Bond game out in the market was modern HITMAN, I'm so excited about this game I can't put into words.
    There has never been a more fitting developer for a Bond game. To whomever it may be concerned, congratulations. You read my pleas.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,081MI6 Agent
    I hope IO Interactive will do something different with the combat system. Have a combat system which uses throws,blocks and environmental weapons.

EON did this in 2003 and that worked well.

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 245MI6 Agent
    'Det er stadig svært at forstå': Skæbnemøde bragte James Bond-satsning til Danmark
    https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/kultur/gaming/det-er-stadig-svaert-forstaa-skaebnemoede-bragte-james-bond-satsning-til

Some new details on project 007:

- Life-threatening missions, raucous car chases and evil villains that will take over world domination
    - The game will not be based on any of the 24 films that have been released
    - James Bond will be the lead role
    - IO Interactive wants to build a James Bond universe from scratch
    - The digital Bond is original and will not resemble any Bond actor
    - A completely original story, that a trilogy could come out of it
    - The meeting with EON Productions was the culmination of almost two years of work and preparation
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,592MI6 Agent
    I’m happy to see that it’s an original story, and IOI is not basing Bond off of any past actors. Finally someone trying to move the Bond franchise forward after years of imitation Fleming from IFP and endless Craig from EON! -{
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,120MI6 Agent

Looking forward to reading more about this new video game as it develops.