Welcome & Comings & Goings

Comments

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,240MI6 Agent

@Silhouette Man and @fire and ice amazing to see degree courses expanding beyond their traditional frontiers. Bodes well for my arts and humanities course starting October. 😀😀

• fire and icefire and ice EarthPosts: 149MI6 Agent

One of my essay's I predominantly wrote about one of my favourite films The Matrix, that was one of the more enjoyable assignments, the worst was Women's Writing I struggled with that module.

'...exceptionally fine shot...'
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,673MI6 Agent

Yes, it was one of those rare modules where you could pretty much write about anything you liked (within reason of course!) so I took advantage of that and wrote about one of my favourite things - the literary James Bond. This was back in 2005 but I think it signals that universities are more open to popular culture at least within the Humanities. I recall someone telling me they were studying the Games of Thrones novel for English Literature at the same uni so things are certainly different now. Good luck with upcoming your arts and humanities course, @chrisno1!

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters

Hello, gents. Thought I'd visit; it's been a minute. Hope all are well. Cheers

Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters

Good to see you Loeffelholz. 🍻

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,673MI6 Agent

Welcome back, @Loeffelholz. Good to see you here again. Hopefully you'll stick around. 🙂

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

@Loeffelholz Hello, back from the dead? Did you topple off a train and go drinking in Turkey for a few months? Nice to see you back.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,765MI6 Agent

Good to see you back, Loeffelholz.

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,220Chief of Staff

Well, hello there Loeff! Long time no post.

• mynameisbond007mynameisbond007 Posts: 68MI6 Agent

Hi all, im new here so thought I’d say hello 👋🏼

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

Welcome mynameisbond007!

And hello all, sorry it's been a while since I last posted. I hope you've all had ice in the stomach waiting for NTTD (No Time To Delay again).

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

Something like that. Finished and published my second Oscar Jade book...and have finished (now polishing) another novel, along with observing the general decline of western civilization. But the fall off the train took a minute to bounce back from.

Thanks to all for the welcome back. Sorry for my absenteeism! Now, let the festivities commence 🍻

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,270MI6 Agent
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent

Well hello!

It’s been a while, but, well I’m back!

I joined when Craig was first made Bond, so it only seems fitting I’m here as he leaves.

He is the best. 😍

She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony

Ah, it's brought us all out of the woodwork

Yay! It's @Lexi !!!

It's getting like Hancock's Reunion... 😃

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Hey Nap…

Long time no see 👀

Felt it only right to come back for this movie… have you seen it?

Not yet. Early next week at the BFI Imax Waterloo...

Just as well, feeling a bit sniffly and under par this week. Wouldn't have been able to make it earlier.

It's YEARS since Spectre....

BTW the emoticons here are now crap. They've even replaced the old ones on old posts. It's like getting John Gardner to rewrite passages from Fleming.

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Well, feel better soon.

I like the emojis… although no bond winky one 😆

But my God there are some stupid questions being asked on the forum about the movie! Nothings changed 🤣

Welcome back, @Lexi! 🙂

Thanks @Silhouette Man 🍸

Its nice to see so many familiar faces 😌

edited October 2021

Yes, there are still a few of the old guard around. Good to see you back. 🙂

• TheHighPriestessTheHighPriestess Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

Hi everyone!

I'm a lifelong fan of the films and Fleming books!

I've actually read ajb for a long time, I think I might have even had an account at one point in the distant past, but I never posted. Now it's time to change all that :)

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,220Chief of Staff

Welcome, hope you enjoy yourself here! ☺️

Welcome aboard, @TheHighPriestess. It's good to have you here. 😊

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,129MI6 Agent

Welcome @TheHighPriestess Great to have you here!🥂

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • TheHighPriestessTheHighPriestess Posts: 6MI6 Agent

Thank you everyone! 😊

• simon78simon78 Posts: 11MI6 Agent

Greetings all. New member here. Lifelong Bond fan, both Fleming and films. My favourite book and film is TMWTGG. Also love Hammer films, cricket and folk music. By day I have my soul slowly destroyed by working in retail. 😄