Welcome & Comings & Goings

Comments

• fire and icefire and ice EarthPosts: 149MI6 Agent

Thank you Dragonpol, site looks as though its had another upgrade since I was last here?

'...exceptionally fine shot...'
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,672MI6 Agent

I think the last main upgrade to new software (Vanilla, like MI6 Community uses) was in March 2021 though there has been some small cosmetic changes since then to optimise the site experience for members.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • fire and icefire and ice EarthPosts: 149MI6 Agent

I may have forgotten seeing the upgrade last time, nonetheless i like the look of the site, it's a shame its not busier.

'...exceptionally fine shot...'
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,672MI6 Agent

Yes, the site looks better than ever. I too wish it was busier. I'm not exactly sure why it has been quieter over this last while but there is still a loyal membership of regulars who keep the site afloat, not forgetting the work of our sterling mods.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,217Chief of Staff

...one of whom thanks you, @Silhouette Man and says welcome back @fire and ice ! 🙂

I'm off for some leave, and will be in beautiful Germany for a while.

Thanks to the wonders of technology I'll still look in from time to time, of course.

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,155MI6 Agent

Enjoy your trip, Barbel.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    edited October 2022

Have a good trip, Barbel. 🙂

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,238MI6 Agent

Have fun - don't forget to come back

Thanks for the kind thoughts, guys. No, Gymkata, I didn't see Higgins this time, and chrisno1 here I am! 😁

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

It wasn't the same without you, Barbel. For starters, George Lazenby has been replaced as Bond by that guy from The Saint...

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,238MI6 Agent

Hope you had a good holiday. 😎

Yes, excellent, thank you. And TDE, there's an Imaginary Conversation in that....

• JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent

I don't know how long it is since I last visited AJB but I am here to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (I know this is early!)

It has been a hard time for me as I have been ill and I have had no interest in coming on to the internet at all but, despite the best efforts of my illness, it has not killed me (yet!)! Anyway, enough of that. I don't know when I will visit again but I am still interested in James Bond and when I feel more up to it will return to the forum again more regularly (that, of course if I have not been banned in for being absent without leave in the mean time!)

Have a good and safe Christmas my friends.

Best wishes, Joshua, and if you're not back here by then a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,765MI6 Agent
    edited December 2022

Merry Christmas, Joshua. And I hope your health improves soon. Why don't you read "Snowfall", the Christmas-themed Bond story Barbel, CHB are writing? The first chapter will be posted on Sunday. 😀

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,155MI6 Agent

Hope you’re feeling better, Joshua, and a merry Christmas to you and yours.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,126MI6 Agent

Sending you best wishes and compliments of the season, @Joshua Hope you're feeling better soon.

"Any of the opposition around..?"

Sorry to hear that you're ill, @Joshua. I hope you feel better soon. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2023 in the meantime! 🙂

• Agent KinoAgent Kino New YorkPosts: 202MI6 Agent

Hi everyone! Hope all is well.

1. Goldfinger 2. Skyfall 3. Goldeneye 4. The Spy Who Loved Me 5. OHMSS
    Check out my Instagram: @livingthebondlife
    "I never joke about my work, 007."
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

Hi all

It’s been a while but you’ve kept the old place looking spick and span. Apologies for the, ah, extended leave of absence. I’m hoping to be back more often. Whatcha all been up to?

Best, C&D

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    edited March 2023

Glad to see you, C&D! I hope all is well with you. I've been continuing to churn out the Imaginary Conversations (sometimes with collaborators), paying an occasional visit to the S&BS, and so on- just as you'd expect!

edited March 2023

Good to see you back with us @Charmed & Dangerous. I noticed you'd been gone for a while. I've always liked your avatar picture of the DAF poster so it's good to see it again.

Thanks Barbel and SM! Glad to be back!

Likewise, Gymkata! and thank you!

Say hello to my new grandson 😃😃😃😃

Aww, congratulations on the birth of your new grandson, @Barbel. What a bonny boy! 🙂

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,929MI6 Agent

congratulations to Grampa Barbel!

you have succeeded in replicating your DNA two generations into the future, and now can sit back and relax, life's work complete

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,765MI6 Agent

Congratulations to Barbel and Bride of Barbel! 😀

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,694MI6 Agent

Many congratulations.