Welcome & Comings & Goings

1828384858688»

Comments

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,388MI6 Agent
    edited May 13

I said:

can you name which Fleming novel took place almost entirely within Kent?

and if you know the answer, have you visited any of the described locations?

jdjohnUK said:

You said Fleming novel, that should be Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, I love it! Recently moved to Kent, I will visit some places this summer.

don't know how I forgot about Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! I was thinking of Moonraker. And I believe the golf game in Goldfinger happens round Kent as well.

• SpectreOfDefeatSpectreOfDefeat Posts: 366MI6 Agent

Hi all

Haven't posted much yet this year, but now that the NTTD hype has well and truly worn off and I'm less busy in real life I think I'll make a triumphant return. Happy 60th anniversary 007!

"The spectre of defeat..."

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 7,841MI6 Agent

Welcome back, @SpectreOfDefeat. Looking forward to your triumphant return. 🙂

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 33,214Chief of Staff

Glad to see you!

• JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,097MI6 Agent
    edited June 19

Hello my AJB friends. I don't know how long it is since I last came to AJB but it feels like many months. I have been quite ill and am still not able to go back to work yet but despite the free time I have had no interest in looking on the internet at all during this time.

I watched my first Bond film since NTTD yesterday. The film that brought me to the James Bond world. LALD was on TV on HD and I enjoyed it very much. TMWTGG is on tonight and I hope I will be able to see that also. My wife, who bans anything James Bond from the television, is making a special effort not to complain!

I hope to become involved more with AJB again now but I will see how I feel at this time for the coming weeks.

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 1,980MI6 Agent

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles @Joshua I can only wish you the best from distance. I once had a gf who had no comprehension of OO7 whatsoever. All my Bond interests were enacted alone, so I sympathise. Hope to see you up and running soon.

Thank you. I am starting to feel much better now than before.

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 7,841MI6 Agent
    edited June 21

Good to see you back on AJB and I wish you a speedy recovery, @Joshua.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 19,811MI6 Agent

Best wishes to you, Joshua.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,513MI6 Agent

Great to have you back, Joshua. I hope you're feeling much better soon.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 2,585MI6 Agent

Wishing you a full return to good health asap, Joshua. Good to have you back👍️

"Any of the opposition around..?"

Thank you all for your kind regards.