Ivana Milicevic - 26th April 1974 - Valenka in CR 2006

Stana Katic - 26th April 1978 - Corinne in QOS

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

4-1 odds on James Barbel

3-1 on Ian Lancaster Barbel

2-1 on John Barry Barbel

Even money on Blofeld Barbel.

Many, many congratulations, Barbel and family!

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,317Chief of Staff

Thank you very much, guys, truly appreciated. TDE- please take a look at yesterday's Imaginary Conversation which is on exactly that subject!

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

Ah, I must have missed that Barbel. Apologies. The problem I have with the Imaginary Conversation thread is that I have yet to find one that is imaginary. They are all fiendishly real, old sport, hence my tip-offs to the tabloids.

Ah, so that's who it was.....

• JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent

I am just posting here to let my AJB friends that I am still alive! (I am hard to kill!)

I am not sure if not being on the forum means that AJB members will be removed but, just in case, I wanted to say it is not any lack of interest in James Bond which is keeping me away, just personal matters so please do not remove me.

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff

Congrats to you and yours, Barbel!

Vox clamantis in deserto

Thanks, @Hardyboy, much appreciated. Have just arrived back and am catching up. Here's one of the places I went, St Monans -

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,253MI6 Agent

Ah, the salt pans....

😁

• HarryCanyonHarryCanyon Posts: 198MI6 Agent

Hi everyone.

Welcome! 👍

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent

Welcome! I hope you'll like it here. 😃

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,944MI6 Agent

welcome @HarryCanyon ! tell us more!

wuddayathink about them James Bond films?

• HarryCanyonHarryCanyon Posts: 198MI6 Agent

Wait, this is a James Bond board? I thought it was Jason Bourne.

Kidding of course. Love the Bond films, even the ones that aren't all that great. I'm looking forward to the next run of films, if they ever happen.

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    edited October 2023

Welcome aboard, @HarryCanyon. It's good to have you here on AJB!

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

"If they ever happen" - you're going to fit in just nicely here, Harry.

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent

I'm sure they will. A lot can happen in 1000 years. 😀

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Sadly we've Bean there before - witness the interregnum between LTK and GE and the more recent gap between SP and NTTD. ☹️

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,213MI6 Agent

I’m off to the UK for my holidays for six weeks, flying out late on Wednesday night. A solo trip to see family and friends and play poker at my club. I will still be popping into AJB as often as I can but posts may be a bit intermittent at times, but in general I enjoy winding down with a few minutes on here every day so, happy days 🍻

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

Have a good time, CHB. 😁

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent

Have a nice holiday, CHB. 🙂

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent

Oh, you're in our neck of the woods. If you're in London, you can catch a Bond film at the Prince Charles cinema off Leicester Square.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 63MI6 Agent

The name's Marker. Frank Marker.

Author of 'An Ungentlemanly Act' and 'Execution of Duty'. The WW2 espionage series starring Harry Flynn.

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,944MI6 Agent

welcome to Special Agent Marker!

when'd you first become a BondFan? got a favourite BondFilm?

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent

Frank Marker is, of course, the downbeat private investigator in Public Eye, oft shown on Talking Pictures TV.

Unlike other private eyes, there is little in his lifestyle to covet - no cool car, pad, snazzy theme tune, answering phone or way with the ladies or the wisecracks.

Like the nightly repeats of Steptoe and Son on That's TV! I had to take time off to preserve my mood equilibrium.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Welcome, Marker.

• MarkerMarker Posts: 63MI6 Agent

A long time ago! My primary interest lies in the works of Fleming, though I do enjoy the films. My first film was LALD when it first came out in the cinemas (1973?) and I was a fan of RM ever since, I must say that OHMSS has endured as a personal favourite for a few years perhaps, for me at least, because I feel it's so close to the book.

Author of 'An Ungentlemanly Act' and 'Execution of Duty'. The WW2 espionage series starring Harry Flynn.