Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent

I’m comfortable now going to the movies

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,177MI6 Agent

@Red_Snow forgive my ignorance, what am I looking at here?

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent

A beautiful woman. 😉

I assume it's behind the scenes shots of Ana de Armas at Pinewood Studios.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

And a beautiful car..😍

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited August 2021

The documentary about the DC era is announced for 26 Sept in japanese television I wonder if it also included NTTD footage

https://bondonthebox.wordpress.com/2021/08/04/being-james-bond-on-movie-plus-sept2021/

• Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent

Absolutely excellent news that the 20 Sep and Oct 8 release date is ago for people in the UK and the States and I am assuming everywhere else. As for me, I am in Australia and am shattered about not getting it here. Nov 11 is slated but that will only occur if the nations vaccination rate is 80% and so far the rollout has been a shamozzle.

This is going to be tough :( Trying to avoid spoilers may be near impossible. A shame that they couldn't drop it on Amazon Prime for us Aussies but thems the breaks!

Being James Bond‘ (‘In der Haut von James Bond’) will air on SRF Zwei Switzerland on Sunday, 19 September, 2021.

James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

Thanks, will try to catch that.

edited September 2021

I guess a long standing deal with EON/Apple for this one and too late for Amazon to exert its influence following the acquisition?

For anyone that has watched it, how much NTTD content is there?

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters

'No Time to Die' Set to Hit China After Passing Official Censorship - Variety

I don't know if this has landed anywhere...but it's good news, especially considering the interest accrued on Eon's production debt because of the repeated delays. They will want every dollar possible...although it chafes my balls like coarse-grade sandpaper that the CCP holds this kind of sway. But it's where we've found ourselves.

Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) has today announced that Daniel Craig will discuss his career live on stage at an intimate ‘BAFTA: A Life in Pictures’ event supported by TCL Mobile on Friday 24 September.

The BAFTA-nominated actor will share insights from his long-standing film career ahead of his final appearance as James Bond in No Time To Die (2021) directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga, which will be released on Thursday 30 September.

https://www.film-news.co.uk/news/UK/88945/BAFTA-to-host-career-retrospective-with-Daniel-Craig

reminds me of 'Being James Bond'

• SprezzaturaSprezzatura Posts: 2MI6 Agent

Just look at Israel that has one of the highest vaccination rates in the world. Their infection numbers are almost as high now as they were at the peak before the vaccines existed. I don't know where you are based but given the current situation in lots of coutries and the fact that you can't release a movie just in one country and not another because someone will certainly upload it on the internet, there is no way this movie will be released on this date.

idk if this has been postet before but here is the full BBC interview with Daniel Craig where he talks about his time as James Bond

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvyFCtEQPZU

best part for me 😄

https://youtu.be/VvyFCtEQPZU?t=366

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent

Denmark lifted all their restrictions earlier this week and Norway does the same tomorrow. I'm guessing Finland will follow soon. Then more and more countries will remove their restrictions when they get a vaccination rate of about 90%.

Now I watched last night's Graham Norton show. It was very enjoyable and especially Craig was funny. I'm glad Lashana Lynch too the time to watch all the Bond's when she was cast. For a moment it sounded like she really did her homework and knew she's the second female 00-agent in the series, but sadly it was just a joke. There were a couple of short, but very nice scenes I've never seen before. If they contained actual spoilers I didn't catch them.

I'd like to hear other members' reactions to the show.

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

I was waiting for her to say 003! But yes, just mischievous...although maybe she does know she clearly loves the misdirection possible in the run up to NTTD. Norton is always good value, really one of the best talk show hosts there is, DC came across well, he can seem really awkward in a classic English way but he was clearly having fun.

edited September 2021

No. I'm sure she doesn't know about the female 00 in TB. Knowing about this detail or not isn't really misdirection about the plot, is it?

Wasn't there a female 00 in TWINE too? When they're being briefed by M in Scotland.

Graham Norton is always fun and the 'specials' never disappoint. Good to see Ed Sheeran on there too, which added extra gravitas to the show.

My only reservation was Lea Seydoux. Whether it was the language barrier? And not the best two questions from Graham Norton, but she just didn't seem comfortable or happy to be there. Not sure if anyone else watching felt that?

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent

Yeah, it wasn't really the greatest episode overall: all they did was talk about the film and it was a bit dull. Apart from Craig none of them were really very sparky or fun, and he had to do his best to save the others from a few of the questions. He's really earning his money!

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent

I actually took that to mean she did know there had been others before but played along with Graham's statement as it just sounds better! And it's not as if those two previous ones were actually characters anyway.

• zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent

Craig seemed genial and good natured, very relaxed and looked great.

Lynch was amusing but Seydoux was her customery wet weekend in Cleethorpes but with a disastrous hair do.

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

Rami Malek did an interview with the Norwegian newspapers VG. He said it was scary to film on the ice on the lake. He has never been om that type environment before and near the end of the day the ice had melted some. The production decided to limit the number of people on the ice because of the danger of the ice breaking. (I guess the fact that one of the actors was underage was an extra concern).

Malik also said the scene om the lake is "key" to the plot and it's helpful to have watched all of Craig's Bonds before watching NTTD.

edited September 2021

I just saw a short interview with Cary Fukunaga on Norwegian TV. We know from when he got the job to direct NTTD he traveled in Norway only a couple of months earlier (most likely driving on the road on the other side of the fjord from my house - how could he miss it? 🤣). He must also have been at the future location of a spectacular stunt in the next Mission Impossible.

In the interview he said he also drove the Atlantic Road and thought it looked great. While he didn't say so directly I got the sense he suggested the location for the movie. What Fukunaga did say was that setting some of the story in an isolated cabin (he even used the Norwegian word "hytte") was his idea.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

Did he mention you in the interview, N24?

Awfully rude, if he didn't.

edited September 2021

The interview was heavily edited so I can't say for sure, but I didn't hear my name. Awfully rude, as you point out. He should know that everything, and especially his new movie, is really about med. ME, I say!!! 😬

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

Do you think that's why he stayed on the other side of the fjord from you? Because he's jealous!

edited September 2021

Obviously that must have been part of his reason, but the people on the other side of the fjord also has a somewhat better view than we do. Driving on this side is also a detour if you're going from Norangsdalen to Ørsta where he posted images on social media from.