Spoiler- James Bond to possibly be cloned in Bond 26

BlofeldsCat558BlofeldsCat558 Posts: 11MI6 Agent
edited January 2022 in Bond 26

All that was left was his little finger as Vesper so delicately put it:

No Time to Die Writer Shares Wild James Bond Cloning Pitch (screenrant.com)

lol. Is this a good idea? Not sure.

Comments

• Trigger_MortisTrigger_Mortis Posts: 100MI6 Agent

No.

Next.

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent
    edited January 2022

its actually logical, more logical than some of my previous suggestions (a previously unseen Fleming style weather balloon or Indiana Jones style fridge), and cloning was one of the rumoured plot devices for No Time to Die before we finally saw it. Its also simpler, and maybe more realistic, than whatever these nanobots were all about, I still don't understand all that technobabble.

But I don't believe they're going to do it, Wade's just being silly.

btw this thread should have (spoliers) in the title

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,060Chief of Staff

Done.

• kristopherm3kristopherm3 Posts: 156MI6 Agent

It was quite clearly a joke.

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff

The clone could say "This never happened to any of the other fellas."

Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,705MI6 Agent

Horrible idea, and hopefully a joke. It's taking the technology a couple of steps too far since Bond isn't a sci-fi series. If they were serious and actually did clone Bond it means danger and death no longer means anything in the series.

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,178MI6 Agent

It is a horrible idea, but isn't this the world that has been created for us now that OO7 has been 'killed off'? You make your bed, you lie in it... Ideas like this will keep the dream alive that he never 'died'.

• Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent

What if the cloning wasn't perfect? Like, a scientist clones Bond, but the cloning gave the new Bond some mental defects? Bond 26 could be Bond facing a cloned psychotic version of himself.

Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,965MI6 Agent
    edited January 2022

This reminds me of an idea that was considered on the first occasion that the franchise had to re-cast Bond, for OHMSS - the idea that Bond has undergone plastic surgery to alter his appearance so that his enemies can't recognise him. Thankfully, nothing came of that. Wade's idea of cloning, as a possible way into a new Bond film is sillier still. The last thing we need is implausible sci-fi attaching itself to the inauguration of the next Bond. If the plastic surgery idea rejected for OHMSS had a precedent in the Angelo/Derval business in TB, Wade's cloning idea would smack too much of DAD, which gave us appearance-altering DNA replacement theory (Moon/Graves). Forget another way to die, another day: there really IS no credible alternative to another hard re-boot!

Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.