James Bond Car Collection - Questions and praise

Comments

• jb88jb88 ITALYPosts: 51MI6 Agent
    Ohh...grow up 007!!
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent

That's amazing!

So you have created these yourself?

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Nice collection @jb88 Did you source all the NTTD cars separately and put them in your own named display cases? Which AMV8 did you use?

"Any of the opposition around..?"

Thank you for your appreciation!

Yes I sourced the models separately, in some cases I modified them, repainted, added details and boxed. The boxea are not the original ones and I decided the avoid dioramas, so I used normal ones, with the original font of the jbcc!

The base model for the AM V8 is the one from the jbcc, without skis, retro jet, missiles.

For the old defender I used a universal hobbies model, not a jbcc one, and I removed the roof and added the black wheelarch, a modification added for the film and so it is not present in any existing model of that car.

The new defender has been repainted in black, cause the base model is black and brown and added the winch (wonderful model!!) while for the DB5 I removed the plastic of the lights and added two M134 guns inside headlights.

The biggest work is the "Pepper" Chevy Impala... I used the model from the jbcc, but i depainted, I realised by myself all the decals, even the sheriff star, repainted, added the figure inside, realized the antennas, the licence plate, changed rear lights and also modified the wheels, I love the result!! I think it was a massive lack to the jbcc...

Ohh...grow up 007!!
    Ohh...grow up 007!!
    Ohh...grow up 007!!
    Ohh...grow up 007!!
    Ohh...grow up 007!!
    Ohh...grow up 007!!
    Ohh...grow up 007!!

Thanks.

Did you remove the outriggers, missiles and rocket boost? Or is there a standard 1:43 model in that collection? Not sure I've seen it.

It’s stunning work! I love the touch of making the box graphics with the accurate typeface and everything.

Technically the AMV8 shouldn’t have the sunroof I guess, but I can’t see any way of removing it so I think it’s very acceptable as it is! 😉

I removed all the TLD features from the original model because there isn't a standard version in the collection; you can find a Minichamps model but it is a different version.

It is not difficult to remove front missiles - just pull out - and beside you will find the lights. The rear jet exhaust is esasily cuttable and you have to cover it with the licence plate. The most difficult thing is about outriggers: in some model - I think the oldest ones - they are attached to the diorama and made in rigid plastic, while in recent models they are beautifully attached to the model and made in rubber: you have to remove them and fill the part with a putty paste and then paint in grey. I learned it from this forum in some old posts!

About the sun roof I agree, but it is quite impossible to remove and, if you think that the car has the same licence plate of the tld one, and so it is meant to be the same car, it should have had that sunroof ;-)

Ohh...grow up 007!!

....and you have to find a spare tyre.... ;-) ;-)

Ohh...grow up 007!!
    edited March 2022

It's great work. I really love your version of Bond's Land Rover for some reason- it looks excellent!

Your paintwork is brilliant and I love that you've added the rather unique wheelarches.

Thanks @jb88

It's a shame the NTTD Corgi version misses the mark. It would be great to have a proper version without having to 'cut and paste' (so to speak). Having said that, your creations are excellent and I guess the work involved = enjoyment and satisfaction at the end of the day.

Thank You!!! It is a pleasure to share with others my passion and my works!

About Corgi I agree with you on their poor releases, and the biggest shame, for me, is that they only make 1:36 models, and not 1:43, except the db5. Also the new bike, the Triumph from NTTD, it is in a too big scale in my opinion, 1:12...

Ohh...grow up 007!!

I'd be interested to see what you can do with Corgi's AMV8 model: I think all it would need is a new set of tyres and the sill being painted silver and it would look a lot better (the alloy wheels actually look about the right diameter to me).

I agree with you, it doesn't demand so much updates...the tyres seems to be too slim and a touch of colour here and there. I have the version with retractable outriggers from TLD and the overall view of the model is quite good but if compared with a proper diecast model in a proper scale (1:43) its toy-like nature will be revealed IMO...not a big fan of corgi models except the Toyota 2000GT and the original DB5.

But I have to be sincere, when I was a kid, I dreamt about the Complete Corgi collection, looking at their catalogue, but then eaglemoss and minichamps arrived....

Ohh...grow up 007!!

Yes I have the TLD version too, to be fair to them the new NTTD version looks much better detailed, although it's still missing some elements like the wing mirrors (their new version of the FYEO Lotus has had them added so I'm not sure why the Aston doesn't).

I complete, waiting for jaguar XF and Range Rover sport SVR restyling, my NTTD collection, with the Range Rover classic, from the Matera chase.

In this case a painted blue, coloured in black the wheels and the interiors and added the front bumper e fog lights. I have to complete with the sunroof, the licence plates and the range rover decals...

Ohh...grow up 007!!

Here I have also some pics of the updated Toyota Land Cruiser, with properly painted bumpers...

Ohh...grow up 007!!
    Ohh...grow up 007!!

Wonderful work! Your painting looks so good, do you spray them?

About the Range, yes, I sprayed it with a normal spray can.

In the past I used to remove the original paint with a specific product, then one or two coats with a primer and than two coats with the new paint.

In my last works I only scratched a little the original paint and then two coats with a normal spray can...in my opinion this second process is perfect because industrial primers are way better than normal ones and the paint is more resistent, on the other hand you cannot go wrong with this because you cannot remove the paint and start again without using the first process! It is particularly useful if it is hard to remove plastic parts from the model, that would be ruined by the paint remover, but you have one shot!

For example the black Defender, originally was brown and black, with a lot of plastic parts hard to remove without damages, so I protected them and the black parts, scratched the brown a little bit and sprayed in black, the same with the classic Range Rover, but it was easier because I removed all the plastics.

About the Toyota, the original model was in the right colour, so I only painted the bumpers with a marker.

About the Land Rover first serie, it was in the right colour, after some research I found the name of the Land Rover paint and, with the model I asked to buy and realize the same paint for some details (8 € to use some drops of paint!), like the dashboard, and the headlights, that was contoured in grey, but I did not paint the whole model. It is very hard to find the model in marine blue!!!!

Ohh...grow up 007!!

This is the final result of the NTTD Range Rover, the one that smashes the DB5 in Matera!

I added the licence plate, the sunroof and the Range Rover logondecal on the bonnet and on the trunk... THE END!

James Bond will return...

Ohh...grow up 007!!

Another pic of the db5 with a new display case, and my last work, the impala from TLD, with white and black interiors and the rwd detail over the windscreen as the mods required to fit with the model used in the movie, hope you like!

Ohh...grow up 007!!
    Ohh...grow up 007!!
  • pjfthompsonpjfthompson Posts: 56MI6 Agent