Mission:Impossible Dead Reckoning Part I -thread (shooting, wardrobe, etc.)

Comments

• apple8apple8 London,UKPosts: 140MI6 Agent

Matchless currently have a Easter promo (via a code) on the green Craig jacket

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent

Thanks. Unfortunately they don't subtract the VAT for shipments to the United States.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent

It looks as excellent as we've come to expect! 😊

• AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent

The shots of Cruise riding the horse atop of these high dunes in full gear is just sth else…

The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)

I'm amazed how little he's aged.

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    edited May 2022

That looks amazing! Glad they went with more of a "slow burn" pace at the start of it. @Gymkata I hope you don't mind I shared it on my IG account, but I gave you a shout out for sharing it (I didn't know it was out until I saw your post!).

Edit: just watched it again, and I agree it's good to have Czerny return. Also, that little sleight of hand trick Cruise does with the key is a nice call back to his trick with the NOC list disc in the first movie.

And all hail Pirate Ilsa!!! 😁

• Agent EternalAgent Eternal Athens, GreecePosts: 157MI6 Agent
    edited May 2022

The trailer looks spectacular and the audience reception is unlike anything i have ever seen compared to a Bond film.

Sometimes i feel like MI has more cinematic 007 vibes than the actual 007 movies of late.

• TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    edited May 2022

I couldn’t help but see Craig era references in the trailer - don’t get me wrong, it looks very good, and I know there are only so many way you can do stunts, but there was a roof-top train fight a La Patrice in SF, a ‘sillouted’ fight like Bond/Patrice in the building fight from SP, a car chase with black cars no doors with Ethan like DC in QOS and a comedy car chase in Italy with a Fiat 500 (old version) which reminded me of SP car case in Rome, the forests looked like the NTTD forests too!

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

Great trailer. I'm really looking forward to this. It might just cleanse my palate of the lingering bitter after-taste from last autumn's long-anticipated franchise/action/spy movie installment 😎

• MailfistMailfist Posts: 236MI6 Agent

Yes my palate could do with a good cleanse as well😀

I am looking forward to this more than I was for NTTD. McQuarrie and Cruise have a proven record of delivering exhilarating action films. The callbacks to previous MI films (and a couple Bond films) look fun and in no way lessen my anticipation.

Depressing that we have to wait until next year for the film. It was to originally come out in July, 2021.

Back to the fashion, the looks at the Matchless jacket are nice.

I didn't know a new Spy Kids movie came out last fall!

😈

@Westward_Drift Those photos are from my Instagram! 🤣

@canoe2 Yes, they are. I should have credited you, John. Mea Culpa. Thank you for saving me the trouble of taking screen shots, which would have been these two shots (within a frame or two) since it's our only look at the jacket in the trailer.

By the way, in your update of the Spectre BC jacket alternatives maybe you should update "Meesta Bawnd" to his new username of "The Bond Vivant".

No need to apologize my friend! I just thought it was funny, So many of the screenshots I've used for the website are now being used everywhere by everyone that I just gave up caring. I honestly thought that these MI ones were already out in the "public domain" and you found them in a search.

By the way, in case anyone missed it (or cares), my old IG account was hacked. So I've created a new one (@iconic_alternatives). Not trying to self promote, but I want to make sure that any of you that follow the old account are aware that it is no longer under my control and should be considered very unsafe. My first priority to is to make sure no one else's accounts are put at risk because of this. The old account used a black "IA" avatar and the new one is blue, to help tell the difference.

And thank you for letting me know about Meesta Bawnd/The Bond Vivant. I'll make that update ASAP.

Cheers!

Here are some higher res versions of similar/same frames floating around the internet. Apparently it's always magic hour in Venice.

• chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent

Not MI related I'm starting to like Tom's attire when he's out and about.

Anyone recognise his polo shirt he wore at the British grand prix and those sunnies.

For 60 years old he is the essence of cool I reckon .

007 reporting for duty
    edited July 2022

I was thinking he's got to be one of the most important people in the history of sunglasses 😁 He pretty much single-handedly ensured that not just one but two models of Ray Bans became iconic and can never go out of production (he maybe even saved Ray Bans themselves), and in pretty much every film he has a new, great pair! I wish I could find so manny sunnies that suit me! 😊

• sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent

Agreed love his style think the polo could be Tom ford

Not my discovery, but sharing it here as it is from the Dead Reckoning trailer.

The sunglasses have been IDed on sunglasseswiki as Santos De Cartier Sunglasses with the model number CT0038S and color 016.

I personally am unsure about the 016 color identification. In the trailer and in a close-up below it looks more silver than gold. I also wonder about the 61mm size.

This colorway in 59mm from Jomashop CT0038S 003 looks closer to me.

As does the CT0038S 001 albeit a little darker in the lenses.

• armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 672MI6 Agent

This is an MI thread, but I just want to say that Tom Cruise's gray suit in Collateral is what really opened my eyes as a teen to the fact that a suit never has to be boring and blah and typical black. A suit can be slick, badass.

But the mid 2000s as a student on a budget for me still meant wearing jorts and Old Navy graphic shirts wherever I went.

Until the PTS Skyfall suit came along and brought it back home for me and convinced me that I could rock an awesome suit too.

Special mention goes to the Belfast suit in Mission Impossible Fallout. Dark silver with apparently green dress shirt and brown\purple tie.

And I also enjoy the minimalist style of his Maverick outfit: the classic jacket, white T, blue jeans, because I imagine it's a simple outfit that so many of Royale's looks would match with: the Solden jacket, the harrington, either cardigan, the upcoming Royale jacket.

Yes. Consssssiderably.

great detective work , Beautiful glasses but £800 ! i'll pass I reckon

007 reporting for duty
    edited July 2022

I think your right mate , I believe it maybe this one - I've managed to grab one so see how it fits.

Also spotted some other tom ford polos TC has been wearing, some cracking towelling type ones

https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/product/tom-ford/clothing/short-sleeve-polo-shirts/slim-fit-logo-embroidered-cotton-pique-polo-shirt/28941591746617148

007 reporting for duty
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent

Unfortunately not. This TF polo has a 2 button placket, Cruise is wearing a 3 button polo.

@OMEGA BOND WATCHES has posted a video review of the MI:DR Cartier sunglasses. He has stated the Cartier's are the colorway 007. Quite possible, and it would explain why the glasses look gold in some pictures but not in others.

Something to be identified that‘s potentially in the movie.

any ideas?

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

Prada possibly? Red tag

Instagram - bondclothes007

I didn't realise his hair was that long for Pt2. Bit of a time jump then.

Yes, he confirmed a time jump on the Light the fuse podcast‘s 200th episode two weeks ago.

• Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent