Welcome & Comings & Goings

Comments

• BondGroupieBondGroupie Toronto, ONPosts: 30MI6 Agent
    New user here (Emily), my BF and I are huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge bond fans, and I'm gonna be picking all of your brains over the next little while...hope my questions don't get too annoying (trust me..i do know how to use the search function lol)
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent
    Welcome BondGroupie!!!!!
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    Changed my mind about my earlier post, as I decided I wasn't sure whether I was going to hang around and it might be a tad early to announce my return. However, I've enjoyed being back so much over the past few days that I can hardly believe I ever left! :D
    I gradually lost interest in Bond - it was always there, just very much in the background and I'd occasionally surprise myself by dredging up long forgotten facts in a conversation. I checked in here, but said less and less and then nothing for several years.
    It was my university flatmate that made me clamour for Bond in my life again. We had a few brief conversations about the books and I promised to bring my Bond videos next term. Back home for the summer, I've been working my way through a re-watch of the whole series.
    It's been years since I've watched nearly all of the films and it has been nice to discover that they weren't just an extended-childhood passion. I find even more in them now as an adult. Whilst there's some that I no longer hold in as high esteem, there are equally others that I've suddenly discovered a love for.
    I'm now looking forward to Skyfall far more than earlier this year and think it may be time to upgrade to DVD at last :)
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
  • BunsenPPKBunsenPPK Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 77MI6 Agent
    Hi everyone, new to forums, have loved Bond since I saw my first film (The Spy Who Loved Me). I got all the Eon films last year and have watched them all over and over again. Also got the original novels for Dr. No, Goldfinger and Thunderball (not bad condition, from my grandmother) and I can safely say I enjoy reading the novels more than watching the movies. Bond's character is much more ruthless (for lack of a better word) in the books.
    My favourite Bond move titles would have to be all but 2 of S. Connery's lot (DAF and YOLT) and all but DAD from P. Brosnan's. That being said I must give an honourable mention to D. Craig's and T. Dalton's films.

I'm from Australia, so I'm kind of obliged to like Lazenby lol :))

Thanks for reading....
    "I think he got the point"
  • JuliusNoJuliusNo Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    Hi everyone,

I can't really remember if I was a member here before a good few years back. Like most of you I have been a Bond fan since my childhood and have fond memories of renting Live and Let Die 50 times from my local video shop. Getting a bit back into the Bond buzz again of late and have been watching a few of my favorites. I grew up with Moore but was always a Connery fan at the end of the day. Not too pushed about the new films really, but don't mind giving them a look.
  • MI6MI6 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Hello!

Can't believe no-one picked this name, it seems so obvious. Erm, I'm from the UK and a big Bond fan. I've been reading the forums for a while, and I'm no stranger to them. I just thought I'd register and start contributing!
    Thank you very much. I was just out walking my rat and I seem to have lost my way
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Hi and welcome to all, -{

MI6, JuliusNo, BunsenPPK, and FelixLeiter007
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    After almost 1 year of silence, I have been able to get in touch with Asp9mm!

He's still the same bonehead and nutter like we know him - he's even not able to have a proper email address.

He has a new password for loging in - so I wanted to trumpet a big WELCOME to him!

But be warned, I'll not forgive any stupid remarks from you 8-)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
    Does anyone know what happened to the following members?

- Dan Same
    - Jenny Flex Fan
    - Red Grant
    - Moore Not Less

?

As all 4 used to post quite often back in the day
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    I think the AJBer formally Known as Moore not less is now Moore than.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:

- Dan Same
    - Jenny Flex Fan
    - Red Grant
    - Moore Not Less

?

Thunderpussy is correct. I was Moore Not Less, I now am Moore Than.

Family issues meant I was absent for nearly five years. I could not log back in under my old user name for whatever reason.

I do not know what happened to the other three on your list. I remember that Red Grant was a big Pierce Brosnan fan, Dan Same often used words like favourite, rank, etc. A bit of a stat man was Dan. Jenny Flex Fan was a big fan of A View To A Kill, just like yourself. Yes, I remember you also from back then. And I am flattered that you remembered me.

Nice to see a number of familiar names are still here from back in the day, but most of them do not post very often.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:

- Dan Same
    - Jenny Flex Fan
    - Red Grant
    - Moore Not Less

?

I asked the same question about Dan Same a while back, but no one's heard from him in ages...shame, he was a regular poster, and had a thing for very tall girls :v :))
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Moore Than wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

- Dan Same
    - Jenny Flex Fan
    - Red Grant
    - Moore Not Less

?

Thunderpussy is correct. I was Moore Not Less, I now am Moore Than.

Family issues meant I was absent for nearly five years. I could not log back in under my old user name for whatever reason.

I do not know what happened to the other three on your list. I remember that Red Grant was a big Pierce Brosnan fan, Dan Same often used words like favourite, rank, etc. A bit of a stat man was Dan. Jenny Flex Fan was a big fan of A View To A Kill, just like yourself. Yes, I remember you also from back then. And I am flattered that you remembered me.

Nice to see a number of familiar names are still here from back in the day, but most of them do not post very often.

Nice to see you around Moore Not Less / Moore Than! And no problem, I remember you made some detailed posts that were good to read. Thanks for remembering my love for AVTAK too. I will defend that film until the day I die :D
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

Lexi wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

- Dan Same
    - Jenny Flex Fan
    - Red Grant
    - Moore Not Less

?

I asked the same question about Dan Same a while back, but no one's heard from him in ages...shame, he was a regular poster, and had a thing for very tall girls :v :))

Are you a tall girl lexi? :D

Yeah it is a shame. I used to speak to Dan on here quite a lot (even if he did hate AVTAK)

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:

Absolutely. It's always been agreed that you have the monopoly on stupid posts!!!!!!
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Jarvio wrote:

- Dan Same
    - Jenny Flex Fan
    - Red Grant
    - Moore Not Less

?

I sometimes get the feeling that Thunderpussy is JFF with another username - but that's me :v

Really, Bondtoys. :v How dare you sir.
    I doubt anyone else could type/spell as Badly, Like as what I does. :))
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,418Chief of Staff
    It's GREAT to see you back Asp9mm -{

Even if it's only to keep bondtoys in check :p
    YNWA 97
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

Duuude!!!! How the devil are you. Don't you worry about that German sausage sucking wally-brain. I'll sort him out. And it's not a passing fancy, I am BACK!!
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:

Are you a tall girl lexi? :D

Yeah it is a shame. I used to speak to Dan on here quite a lot (even if he did hate AVTAK)

Could be, Jarvio, could be... :v
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Bondtoys wrote:

Absolutely. It's always been agreed that you have the monopoly on stupid posts!!!!!!

Yep, great to see you back Asp9mm.... welcome home -{
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    I'm checking out.

Permanently.
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Duuude!!!! How the devil are you. Don't you worry about that German sausage sucking wally-brain. I'll sort him out. And it's not a passing fancy, I am BACK!!

How am I ? All the better for seeing you back around here -{
    YNWA 97
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    I'm checking out.

Permanently.
    Never say never again.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Asp9mm, it's really great to see you back!

Not sure if hunting you around half of the globe to bring you back here was worth it - judging from your recent daft posts, but AJB and Sir Miles paid me a fee - so it's ok :D

I guess that we need any member here - no matter how smart they are 8-)

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Bungtoys wrote:
    I guess that we need any member here - no matter how smart they are 8-)

So thats why I'm still here, to keep numbers up! It all makes sense now!
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    your fast comprehension skills give you credit, Microjeff :D

Bondtoys wrote:
    your fast comprehension skills give you credit, Microjeff :D

Yeah, and this time I didn't have to draw anything or ask wifey for help!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    yeah and no engraving was there to be done to be messed up :D

Bondtoys wrote:
    yeah and no engraving was there to be done to be messed up :D

Oh a comedian huh? I'll show you engraving..... Now, where's my tungsten tipped scribe?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Not sure if hunting you around half of the globe to bring you back here was worth it - judging from your recent daft posts, but AJB and Sir Miles paid me a fee - so it's ok :D

I/we did....now I hope that the fee we have paid Asp9mm for a little 'teutonic waste removal' is collected sooner rather than later :v

:p
    YNWA 97