Autograph Reference Section

Comments

• asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    Is that 007 at the bottom of Dalton's signature? Seems very strange he would do that with it widely known he won't sign Bond memorabilia.

Moore in the 2nd one looks very much like mine from the private signing with Bond Stars.

Something about Lazenby's looks off compared with my in person signing, but not sure why someone would go to the trouble of faking him as he is pretty widely available at reasonable prices.

DC looks right, but his can be so variable with how quick he signs and it being a simple DC.

Brosnan and Connery I don't have enough knowledge to make an informed commentary.

The only Brosnan one I have (confirmed as authentic) has a giant PEACE symbol running through it. :)
    But looking at the set, IMO I am sceptical that all 6 actors would sign two sets of matching-sized index cards in exactly the same ink.
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
  • rbeerbee Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    All the white cards are fake as is everything that seller sells.

Just look at his previous auctions, big names selling for peanuts. Bowie is almost impossible to get. Sorry but in seconds you can tell not to touch that seller.

I guess I had better say that this my opinion and not that of ajb007.co.uk
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,473MI6 Agent
    I would say that you should tread with caution 75vette on anything the seller is selling on Ebay.

Those set of autographs you have posted don't look the real deal to me. That Dalton in the first set just screams fake plus there's no way he would ever write '007' on any material he signs.

As my friend 007_Autographcollector says, you just have to keep posting back here if you have any doubts for a second opinion here.

-{
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,414Chief of Staff
    Can I just thank the people that post in this thread for their expertise and professionalism -{
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Can I just thank the people that post in this thread for their expertise and professionalism -{

Not at all.

It's about time us experienced collectors educated the newbies on what to look out for so that they don't get lured & stung by these scammers.

It's not a case of learning the hard way, more about learning before you are fooled.
  • tds123tds123 USAPosts: 34MI6 Agent
    Second opinion please for the Bach/Moore autographs a few posts back. Thank you.
    tds123 wrote:
    Second opinion please for the Bach/Moore autographs a few posts back. Thank you.

If you are referring to your Bach & Moore multisign then I personally think it is fake, well certainly that Moore is.

It's actually quite laughable really, the gold coloured pen is dodgy for a start and there's no way he'd sign in gold Sharpie either.
  • bondmobilebondmobile Posts: 92MI6 Agent
    That's quite interesting - I'd like to thank Todd for putting this out there, as I won that 8x10 in a raffle in 2010 at a spy theme charity event with several celebrities and several signed items.

The COA has a local southern california business on it, once I have finished getting shipping quotes and whatnot for the other props that I have up for sale I'll have to give them a call and see if they have any info on provenance. The photo itself seems at least 15-20 years old judging by yellowing on the backing.

--Brian
  • bondmobilebondmobile Posts: 92MI6 Agent
    edited March 2015
    If this or the handful of Bondcollectibles ones turn out to be fakes doesn't Alex take them back with some sort of lifetime guarantee? If so, the rest of my 'garage art' is listed for exactly the prices I paid years ago so it makes no difference to me whether I cash them out by selling to a collector, or returning to the original source if they're fake.

If anyone is willing, I would appreciate a look through the collection (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.910126699009390.1073741836.100000362049893&type=1&l=08fca26efa) to let me know which other signatures seem suspect - if so, I'll see if I can return them instead of passing on bum goods to another collector. Authenticity doesn't bother me a huge amount for my own garage art, but I don't want to pass on anything false.

--Brian
    As pointed out, most of Brauchle's stock (on his website and not Ebay sales) are genuine, with the odd few fakes amongst them. But again, please don't let that put you off as there are some nice rare genuine items to be had there.

Without wanting to throw accusations around, it does worry me that week after week we're seeing the same autographs of (e.g. Robert Dix, Walter Gotell & various multisigns of hard to get actors all with a low starting bid on Ebay) then the very same thing on his website for a significantly more expensive price - bizarre! ajb007/insane ajb007/shifty

So, in a nut-shell, I'd use him but with caution.
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,294MI6 Agent
    The Moore/Bach piece...let me quote monsieurs Bill & Ted : "totally bogus , man !" :p :))
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Have to say the way the experts on this thread conduct themselves, especially where clear fakes are queried, is exemplary.

Rather than throw toy, hiss, launch Internet Exocet, and generally libel the poor enquirer, they calmly offer cogent reasoned advice.

In brians case, I can personally testify for his honesty and credentials, so I know he'll take these comments sincerely.

KEEP CALM
    AND OFFER
    ADVICE!
  • 007_Autographcollector007_Autographcollector Posts: 221MI6 Agent
    No problem Sir Miles, we are here to help and as autograph collecting is such a huge business, we don't like seeing our members getting stung -{

With regards to the second set of cards 75vette, they all look incorrect to me, so you did well in your detective work!!

Thank you for the kind words ke02eww, we really appreciate them :)
    007_Autographcollector both sets of cards were obvious fakes and yet you called the first set genuine.

This for me throws doubt on your continuing crusade to discredit Bond Collectibles, there must be something else going on here.

Disappointing.
    edited March 2015
    rbee, let me just clear a few things up. First off, I made a judgement on the first set of cards, without having seen the second set. And bearing in mind that set looked in my eyes genuine, after having seen the second set from the same seller, it could then be worked out that they were fakes. But as you frequently told us, "we all make mistakes right"?

Secondly, the only person that anyone would have any doubts about on here, would be you. Since you came on here all you've done is try to back up Bondcollectibles despite the fact that myself and others (who have been here a lot longer than you) have given concrete evidence backing up that he sells fakes on his ebay, to which you (unsurprisingly) have come back with nothing but vague answers, which further backs up our thoughts, that he's been caught red handed by a number of people. I am still waiting for "Alex's" reply on the Kitzmiller fake, I wonder what his or your excuse will be then?

"Something going on here?" The only thing going on here is a dealer has bought a lot of stock from a company that people are having huge doubts about and he's worried that his stock is now worthless. And so he's come on here, pretending he's been a member/expert for years and yet has only ever posted backing up bondcollectibles, a company backed up by how many Autograph authorities Richard...? That's right, NONE! So please don't come on here trying to simply pick arguments with someone who has made you look like a fool everytime you've backed up Bondcollectibles autographs, because trying to discredit me on purpose because I have proven my points shows exactly the type of dealer you are, and that will do you absolutely no favours when it comes to selling it.
    Rbee, it seems like you are new to the collecting industry & world of autographs and in my honest opinion, don't know quite enough to make a fair & knowledgeable decision on whether an autograph is real or fake.

You have doubted 007_Autograph_Collectors' knowledge & appear to be 'picking fights' with the experienced collectors on here which in turn warrants a sour response 'ish' (naturally) from us.

At the end of the day, when you ask someone for their opinion on an autograph, do remember that it is just that...............an opinion. We are not claiming to be experts (although with our years of knowledge and experience we aren't that far off being one.)

But we do and will advise on whether we see a potential fake on here and if that happens to be sourced from Alex's (BondCollectibles) extensive collection then so be it, we al know now what he is capable of after almost 'stringing' us collectors along for a good number of years believing that his collection is the best of the best bla bla.

One thing that annoys me about him is that he will say that he always gets stock signed for him in a private signing which in reality is cobblers because, the reality is, he will either attend an autograph show like Autographica or will have someone obtain signatures for him from there and claim that they were signed specially for his stock..........pompous or what?

At the end of the day, ripping people off by forging autographs is the lowest of the low and that has to be dealt with accordingly. It does amuse me how he can sell for example a Rik Van Nutter on his website for $500 and the very same thing (no alterations in signature or pen colour/type) are on his Ebay auctions for $30 sold with no reserve.

All of this is my opinion of course and doesn't necessarily reflect on him entirely, but certainly a large proportion of it.
    rbee, let me just clear a few things up. First off, I made a judgement on the first set of cards, without having seen the second set. And bearing in mind that set looked in my eyes genuine, after having seen the second set from the same seller, it could then be worked out that they were fakes. But as you frequently told us, "we all make mistakes right"?

Secondly, the only person that anyone would have any doubts about on here, would be you. Since you came on here all you've done is try to back up Bondcollectibles despite the fact that myself and others (who have been here a lot longer than you) have given concrete evidence backing up that he sells fakes on his ebay, to which you (unsurprisingly) have come back with nothing but vague answers, which further backs up our thoughts, that he's been caught red handed by a number of people. I am still waiting for "Alex's" reply on the Kitzmiller fake, I wonder what his or your excuse will be then?

"Something going on here?" The only thing going on here is a dealer has bought a lot of stock from a company that people are having huge doubts about and he's worried that his stock is now worthless. And so he's come on here, pretending he's been a member/expert for years and yet has only ever posted backing up bondcollectibles, a company backed up by how many Autograph authorities Richard...? That's right, NONE! So please don't come on here trying to simply pick arguments with someone who has made you look like a fool everytime you've backed up Bondcollectibles autographs, because trying to discredit me on purpose because I have proven my points shows exactly the type of dealer you are, and that will do you absolutely no favours when it comes to selling it.

I came on to this board as someone told me that my name has been mentioned in this thread. If you read what I have written I have not always backed up Bondcollectibles at all, I have agreed with you on several points. With regards to his authenticity it's simply his word against yours, as I have said I am not familiar with the names you have mentioned, rarer Bond actors. I have told you what I know about Alex and I don't think my answers have been vague at all. After the comments on those cards I see no point in continuing this discussion.

I can assure you I am not worried about my stock in the slightest. Your comments about me are simply not true. I have never pretended to have been a member on here for years, read my first post, I have only written six! i have not looked at this board beyond on this thread. Again when have I ever put myself forward as an expert? I have only given one opinion, on those cards! I don't feel you have made me look foolish at all and where have I picked a fight?

To sum up I came on here as my name had been mentioned. I tried to offer help, give some perspective, balance and tell you what I know about Alex and how show signings work. Now everything I have said has been twisted around and I am being accused of all sorts! This is why I steer clear of internet forums, I have learnt my lesson once again.
    Rbee, you pointed out a mistake I made and how this would cast doubt on my 'crusade' to discredit Bondcollectibles, which isn't true, because we all make mistakes on opinions, and my evidence regarding Bondcollectibles is not opinion or fiction, just facts with all the evidence to back it up. I am not in any way trying to destroy Bondcollectibles, I have already stated that I believe his website is 95% genuine. But the fraudulent ebay sales have to stop.

In your post, you said "there must be something else going on here" and you said "disappointing"
    If you could clear those up on why you said those things then that would be great, because that looks like your trying to cause a problem or simply make me look bad.

If your here to genuinely clear things up about Bondcollectibles and genuinely help people on this forum then that is fine, I will in that case apologise for what I said, but can you see how what you said previously could be taken in a negative way or just you trying to ridicule me?

I am not here to cause problems and I am not a dealer, I am someone who has dedicated years and years and years to this hobby because I care about it and because I am extremely proud of what I have achieved and collected so far, and with the mistakes I made along the way, I lost money which I don't want to happen to others.
    If you take a look at Alex's website then you'll see that he has a reference section for each of the main Bond actors (except Daniel Craig) and judging by most examples on there, that is the guide to go by more or less I would say.

This should help clarify any doubts on fakes or secretarials that novices are posting up here.

http://007-autographs.com/referencelibrary/
    Spot on Tilly -{ That is a great guide for people to see how much the autographs of Connery, Brosnan and even Moore to an extent has changed over the years!

Thanks for sharing :)
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Thanks for that link, however, the second genuine example - 1979 - is identical to the second secretarial example.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    " What sharp little eyes you've got " ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    "Wait 'til you get to my toenails!"
    Thanks for that link, however, the second genuine example - 1979 - is identical to the second secretarial example.

And which actors signature are you referring to?

It's funny how he doesn't have a 'faked' section for his George Lazenbys but does for every other actor. Oh, and the whole reference section of Alexs has been 'under construction' for years - he's no intention of updating it, why would he?
    Sorry...it's the Sean Connery section.
    Sorry...it's the Sean Connery section.

Yes, I see what you mean. In fairness to him, he may have just put it there by accident when uploading the scans of the secreterials/fakes and hasn't noticed?
    I suspect you're right, I'm just curious as to whether he believes that signature is genuine or secretarial.
  • modelmaker007modelmaker007 GermanyPosts: 114MI6 Agent
    Hey guys,
    I have seen some Connery Autographs I'd like your opinions on...

http://autogrammshop.de/schauspieler/c/connery_-sean4.html
    http://autogrammshop.de/schauspieler/c/connery_-sean3.html

I know that Connery has signed in so many different ways, which makes authentication very hard, I myself have a few Connery signatures on my website and would appreciate any feedback on whether mine are probably real or probably fake...

http://distin.de/page4.php

Any help is much appreciated -{
    Hey guys,
    I have seen some Connery Autographs I'd like your opinions on...

http://autogrammshop.de/schauspieler/c/connery_-sean4.html
    http://autogrammshop.de/schauspieler/c/connery_-sean3.html

I know that Connery has signed in so many different ways, which makes authentication very hard, I myself have a few Connery signatures on my website and would appreciate any feedback on whether mine are probably real or probably fake...

http://distin.de/page4.php

Any help is much appreciated -{

They look fake to me mate those Connerys. I'd be very wary about buying other autographs from that seller especially if these fakes are anything to go by.

I'm sure my mate 007-Autograph-Collector will vouch for that too.
  • modelmaker007modelmaker007 GermanyPosts: 114MI6 Agent

They look fake to me mate those Connerys. I'd be very wary about buying other autographs from that seller especially if these fakes are anything to go by.

I'm sure my mate 007-Autograph-Collector will vouch for that too.

Thanks for the feedback mate... much appreciated