Audiobooks - Can anyone help?

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if any of you Bondians can help me.....

I've been desperately trying to find an audiobook/recording of Icebreaker & Role of Honour for my father. He is partially blind and finds it very hard to read. I recently obtained him the audios of Licence Renewed & Special Services, which he really enjoyed... but I have hit a brick wall in finding the next in set. I've found book #5....... but I'd like to try and get them in order.

Can anyone tell me if they exist?

Thanks to anyone out there who can help!

Comments

• clublosclublos Jacksonville, FLPosts: 193MI6 Agent
  • JWPepperJWPepper Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    clublos wrote:

Thanks, that's a really useful and interesting article...

but I can't find copies of the audiobooks anywhere online. They must be out of circulation.
    I'm trying to find someone who has books 3 & 4.....

Is there anyone out there who can help????
  • stagstag Posts: 2,083MI6 Agent
    Hello. Have you tried you tube? There are loads of JB continuation novels on there & if you use the free youtubedownloader programme you can, well, download them.

That's how I got my collection of Fleming audiobooks.
    stag wrote:
    Hello. Have you tried you tube? There are loads of JB continuation novels on there & if you use the free youtubedownloader programme you can, well, download them.

That's how I got my collection of Fleming audiobooks.

Hi There ,

Yes... I've managed to get pretty much most of them.... barring these two and 'Doubleshot' (which apparently was never done in audiobook format)

Icebreaker & Role of Honour I simply can't find anywhere.....
  • stagstag Posts: 2,083MI6 Agent
    As I recall one of the AJB members had an extensive collection of audiobooks which he was willing to copy, perhaps they include these titles?

The thing is I can't remember who it was. Perhaps someone may remember the chap?
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
    Hi, yes, that member is candyman2 and I myself purchased discs from him of the Fleming books, plus a couple of Gardners (Nobody Lives Forever and the License to Kill novelization), all read by David Rintoul for a total of 16 books. I don't remember how much he charged, except that I thought the price was a bargain. He can be reached here via PM.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Yes, I too bought from him, I might be wrong but at the time I think it
    Was £15, which was indeed a bargin. I now keep a few on my mp3 player
    Great when out walking etc. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Hi all

I've just found out that Amazon are re-releasing ALL the Gardner/Benson audiobooks on Oct 27th!!! Great news!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Good news,I'd love to get a few of the Gardner novels. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Rintoul16Rintoul16 Posts: 7MI6 Agent

Hello,

Do you know where I might be able to get hold of a copy of the David Rintoul audiobooks?

Thanks.

• superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent

Hi Rintoul16, I will pm you with the info from the seller, but I'm not sure how current it will be.

"...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • mitchinseattlemitchinseattle Posts: 1MI6 Agent

Hi, I would also like to track down a copy of the David Rintoul recordings if anyone still has physical or digital copies. I have all the current versions from Audible that were recorded by a different narrator, and an incomplete collection of David Rintoul narrations, but I would like to fill in gaps in my collection if at all possible, as David Rintoul was an awesome narrator, it's a real shame that these recordings were taken out of circulation. If anyone can help I would really appreciate a PM with any details you can provide. Thanks so much