Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Comments

• asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    Tom Hardy has been cast as Eddie Brock in Venom (2018) so, with filming, and the obvious promotion that Sony will want (need) Hardy to do for this film, this could potentially rule him out of Bond.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1270797/
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
  • BCFDRayBCFDRay Joppa, MarylandPosts: 373MI6 Agent
    I'm part of the Tom Hardy club. I think he'd be perfect for the role
    d3d076b198fc1b78dac0c48cf343b92c.jpg
  • ToTheRightToTheRight Posts: 314MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Oh not Elba again! Its irrelivent, he doesn't want the part!!

Elba will go down in history as Daniel Craig's replacement, with Craig's actual replacement as Bond number 8. People have been asking me for a few years now when Elba's Bond film is coming out.

I'd bet if you told them Elba's Bond film already came out last year, it was called "007 In New York", it was a huge success and he's signed for the next 5 films, they'd be gullible enough to believe it.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,702MI6 Agent
    I'm watching the new season of Polare, and I'm reminded of what a melodic and dark voice Aidan Turner has. I have seen a couple of interviews of Charlie Hunnan and I seem to remember his natural speaking voice is..... less masculine. What do you think?
    I think "And then there were none" was Turner's "audition" for Bond, just as "Layer Cake" was Craig's.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:
    I think "And then there were none" was Turner's "audition" for Bond, just as "Layer Cake" was Craig's.

He failed it then...
    YNWA 97
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,736MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

He failed it then...

If Turner failed it, does that mean Hiddleston passed? :v -{
    I think a good voice is one of many qualities a Bond actor should have. I think all the Bond actors have/had good voice, but the least good is Brosnan. I think his voice can at times sound too nasal.
    HowardB wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

He failed it then...

If Turner failed it, does that mean Hiddleston passed? :v -{

In more ways than one...
    YNWA 97
    I would be fine with Hiddleston if Craig has moved on. Of all the rumored candidates he was my favorite by a slight margin over Turner.
    I can see EON preferring to go with someone who already has a good bit of notoriety rather than a complete unknown to follow a hugely successful and popular Bond like Craig. The combination of Hiddleston's recognition as part of the hugely successful Marvel film's, The Night Manager Series, and the very popular Kong film along with his more "Classic" cinematic Bond appearance could give him instant credibility with the general public.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,757MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    I would be fine with Hiddleston if Craig has moved on. Of all the rumored candidates he was my favorite by a slight margin over Turner.
    I can see EON preferring to go with someone who already has a good bit of notoriety rather than a complete unknown to follow a hugely successful and popular Bond like Craig. The combination of Hiddleston's recognition as part of the hugely successful Marvel film's, The Night Manager Series, and the very popular Kong film along with his more "Classic" cinematic Bond appearance could give him instant credibility with the general public.

He's also a pretty good actor who has the chops to take it in a lot of different directions.
  • DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I'm reminded of what a melodic and dark voice Aidan Turner has.

Apart from his hair, there's a bit of a Timothy Dalton look about him, too - and I like that.
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
    While I think aidan Turner is one of the better candidates, he isn't the most masculine of them. Perhaps it's the jaw?

PwxJHtMO.png
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Aidan Turner not masculine enough ?

NOT according to my wife ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    I could see Craig coming back if Nolan is the director; otherwise, not.
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    I must be missing something that others see in Hiddleston and Turner. Neither of them hold much appeal for me as Bond. I like Hiddleston (Turner I don't know very well) and I'm more than willing to keep an open mind. But personally, I would just prefer Eon surprise us again with someone out of left field. I feel like a Hiddleston Bond would just carry too much "Loki" weight for me.
    canoe2 wrote:
    I must be missing something that others see in Hiddleston and Turner. Neither of them hold much appeal for me as Bond. I like Hiddleston (Turner I don't know very well) and I'm more than willing to keep an open mind. But personally, I would just prefer Eon surprise us again with someone out of left field. I feel like a Hiddleston Bond would just carry too much "Loki" weight for me.

The Loki identification doesn't bother me at all. To me, Hiddleston looks significantly different in the Loki make-up and I actually think an injection of the Loki cruel dark humor and sadistic streak into Bond would be a good thing as a counterpoint to Hiddleston's natural charm and polish.
    If Hiddleston gets the part he will be the biggest movie star to get the part. Moore was a big (perhaps the biggest?) TV star when he got the part. How big was Remington Steele internationally?
    Remington Steele was a big hit in the USA, not sure about internationally. IMO, Hiddleston is not a huge star in the US but he still would be considered a star primarily through his supporting role as Loki in the Marvel films. In the Kong film he was definitely the leading man but still part of an ensemble cast. I would still say that Moore was still the biggest star at the time who was cast as Bond due to his high visibility as the Saint on TV and Maverick.
    Have you seen King Kong? If Hiddleston didn't have top billing on the poster I wouldn't be sure who was the lead actor. It was an ensemble movie IMO. I don't think people in Norway knew who Brosnan was before GE. We had seen Ms Doubtfire and perhaps the Lawmower Man on video, but we didn't know his name.
    Hiddleston is not a household name here in the States or a name above the title that can carry a film. He does have a recognition factor well beyond what Craig had in the USA prior to the Bond films. My guess is the typical response from the non-hardcore Bond fans if Hiddleston was announced as the next Bond would be "Hiddleston?.....oh the guy who plays Loki; yeah that makes sense for Bond". I do believe that his casting as Bond would get hyped up on the 'net on the Marvel fan sites and other film sites like Cinema Blend, Slash, etc so people would get to know who he is quickly.
    HowardB wrote:
    Hiddleston is not a household name here in the States or a name above the title that can carry a film. He does have a recognition factor well beyond what Craig had in the USA prior to the Bond films. My guess is the typical response from the non-hardcore Bond fans if Hiddleston was announced as the next Bond would be "Hiddleston?.....oh the guy who plays Loki; yeah that makes sense for Bond". I do believe that his casting as Bond would get hyped up on the 'net on the Marvel fan sites and other film sites like Cinema Blend, Slash, etc so people would get to know who he is quickly.

I agree that Hiddleston is not a household name, but he does have a fervent following among the comic-con types. I believe his casting would have the potential to bring a new demographic into the fold that Bond films have not captured in the past.
    I agree that Hiddleston is not a household name, but he does have a fervent following among the comic-con types. I believe his casting would have the potential to bring a new demographic into the fold that Bond films have not captured in the past.

Good point. I could see Hiddleston appearing at a Comic-Con to show an exclusive first look at Bond 25. Hiddleston would have instant credibility as Bond with that crowd.
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent
    having now seen him in HighRise and The Night Manager, I see there is something sinister and ambiguous in that boyish smile he keeps doing at key moments, and this is of course well suited to Loki the Trickster God
    a sinister ambiguous Bond could be a nice new twist after the more brutish Craig interpretation, could make for more complex spy stories

problem is I read some stories about Barbara Brocolli, dated early April, saying she's now decided he's too smug (he does seem smug) and not nearly tough enough ... have there been any updates since then saying she's changed her mind?
    having now seen him in HighRise and The Night Manager, I see there is something sinister and ambiguous in that boyish smile he keeps doing at key moments, and this is of course well suited to Loki the Trickster God
    a sinister ambiguous Bond could be a nice new twist after the more brutish Craig interpretation, could make for more complex spy stories

problem is I read some stories about Barbara Brocolli, dated early April, saying she's now decided he's too smug (he does seem smug) and not nearly tough enough ... have there been any updates since then saying she's changed her mind?

Those "reports" were nothing more than tabloid trash.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent
    Serious question: I've seen a lot of statements here by seemingly knowledgable sources that Hiddleston was offered the job. If so, what's the hold up announcing the deal? How does it possibly benefit EON to drag this out, especially if preproduction has already begun?
    I won't comment on Hiddleston, because I don't know. But I have a theory that EON is sick and tired of leaks. I suspect they want to make sure they publishing the information when they want to. They want to to publish information such as director, main cast and premiere date at the same time, so they wait until they know everything.
    Cheverian wrote:
    Serious question: I've seen a lot of statements here by seemingly knowledgable sources that Hiddleston was offered the job. If so, what's the hold up announcing the deal? How does it possibly benefit EON to drag this out, especially if preproduction has already begun?

Eon need to get a distribution deal in place also...that can take time depending upon what both sides want from it...preproduction isn't dependent on that deal...the longer it takes, the more things can change...
    YNWA 97
  • BruceMurdockBruceMurdock OhioPosts: 133MI6 Agent
    Daniel Craig. If he's unavailable, Pierce Brosnan.
    "No for me."
    "You forgot the first rule of Mass Media Elliot! Give the people what they want!!!"
    "I never miss..."
    "Time to face gravity!"