Tributes Thread

Comments

• 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    Yes Michael Bond's death very sad.Paddington a big part of our lives kids are now 15 and 17 we read the books and loved Sthephen Fry' audio . One of our dogs is named after him
    IMG_1235.jpg
    Anthony
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    IMG_1026.jpg
    Sorry wrong puppy this one is Paddy
    Anthony
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,569Chief of Staff

Sad indeed...loved watching his film reviews...RIP -{
    YNWA 97
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent
    Sorry to hear Michael Bond is no longer with us. The Paddington Bear books were big favorites of mine growing up, I even had a Paddington Bear dressed as Father Christmas plush toy that my aunt got for me. Hoping to read the Paddington books again soon and see the new movie when comes out next year in the US.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Sad to hear of the death of Barry Norman. Always liked him. -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,213MI6 Agent
    RIP Bradley Lowery aged 6. Bradley sadly passed yesterday after fighting a rare from of childhood cancer. Such a brave little man he was always smiling. His team was Sunderland and footballer Jermaine Defoe became his best friend. Bradley became a focal point in his last year travelling to games and uniting supporters throughout the country. A friend of mine told me that when they played Chelsea recently Bradley scored a penalty before the game and the ground erupted as if the Champions League had been won. My heartfelt condolences to his parents, it is unimaginable what they have been through.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    http://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/827186/James-Bond-Joe-Robinson-dead-passes-away-aged-90-stuntman-actor-Sean-Connery
    Sad to hear about the death of Joe Robinson ( DAF) the
    Fight in the lift is fantastic.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Really?
    If I remember correctly, he was Sean's judo instructor.
    RIP Joe Robinson/Franks, Peter Franks
    a reasonable rate of return
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Sad news about the death of Joe Robinson, aged 90. That was a great fight scene in the lift in DAF that he was part of. -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Yes really saddened to hear about Joe Robinson's death. Firstly I had no idea he was 90 years old and secondly I so regret wandering past his available table at several signing events and not meeting him as he was quite a regular attendee a few years back (as was Burt Kwouk mind) and I always thought I'd get to meet him at some point...RIP
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent
    Very sad to hear about Joe Robinson's passing, I remember his interview for the documentary about the stunt men that have worked on the James Bond films (which is on the DVD/ Blu Ray for The Man With The Golden Gun). He seemed like quite a talented guy, especially the lift fight scene in Diamonds Are Forever as many others have pointed out.
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    edited July 2017
    RIP Clint Eastwood :( Dirty Harry :x -{

Im hoping this is a hoax
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

Im hoping this is a hoax

Not seen anything on the news yet so hopefully
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

Im hoping this is a hoax

COONTZ!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3851089/clint-eastwood-dead-rumours-not-true/
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    The Chinese Nobel laurate Lui Xiaobo died from cancer today. He fought for human rights and democracy in China and served many years in prison for his dream of freedom for his people. He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2010. China didn't let him out to collect the prize and as a result pictures of empty chair became illegal on the Chinese internet. Since the Chinese communist party can't imagine a peace prize comitee that is independent of the government, they realitet by isolating Norway politically and economically for seven years. Liu Xiaobo is the second Nobel peace prize laurate in history to die in prison. The other one died in a nazi concentration camp in 1936. Thank you, Liu Xiaobo.
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Met Robinson at Pwood , 2005......I also did not know he was 90 yrs old , RIP :(
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Martin Landau died on the 15th. I've only seen him in the Columbo episode Double Shock. But i thought he was great as the murderers.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    edited July 2017
    Martin Landau died on the 15th. I've only seen him in the Columbo episode Double Shock. But i thought he was great as the murderers.

A brilliant actor who starred in the classic Mission: Impossible and Space: 1999 TV shows...and won a Supporting Actor Oscar for playing Bela Lugosi in Tim Burton's film Ed Wood.

A great talent. Rest in peace.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    RIP Martin Landau. So many fantastic roles, Space 1999 was a favourite of mine
    as a kid, and who can forget North by Northwest.
  • IanFryerIanFryer Posts: 327MI6 Agent
    He was a favourite of mine, too. Met him at an autograph event and we talked about Bela Lugosi. We was a very funny man and I later learned he'd done stand up on the Borcht belt circuit as a young man. RIP Martin.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Just found out about the passing of George Romero and Martin Landau, both of whom I met at shows in the last few years and both were gents.

As TP said - North by Northwest, what a movie!

And George gave us Night and Dawn of the Dead, both classics of the genre. Another he made with less fanfare was Martin, highly recommended.

RIP.
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    Sad to hear of Martin Landau's death. Loved him in Columbo: Double Shock and North by Northwest.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Yes really sad - Martin Landau was the best thing about Mission:Impossible and unforgettable in North by Northwest as well as Space 1999. Rest in peace.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Happy Birthday Diana Rigg and also today would have been Chris Cornells birthday too.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    I have tickets to an event at Elstree Studios to meet Dame Diana in September :)
    IanFryer wrote:
    I have tickets to an event at Elstree Studios to meet Dame Diana in September :)

Lucky you! :) -{
    Had to be quick - they sold out really quickly. Dame Diana seems happy to talk about The Avengers and OHMSS these days. Saw her at the BFI a while back and she was really good fun.