Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    Daniel Craig. If he's unavailable, Pierce Brosnan.

:)) but hey, have a -{ on me because Brosnan still could do it easily :007)
    Dalton Rulez™
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent

Example, The November Man from 2014. 60 year old Brosnan still kills it in the spy genre!

November%20Man%20Brosnan%201_zpszs2amzkr.jpg
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    and how I love that film!! @JTM
    Dalton Rulez™
  • BrosnanBondBrosnanBond USAPosts: 9MI6 Agent
    Aidan Turner
  • DevereauxDevereaux EnglandPosts: 35MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:

Example, The November Man from 2014. 60 year old Brosnan still kills it in the spy genre!

November%20Man%20Brosnan%201_zpszs2amzkr.jpg

As you can probably guess, I'll third that!... -{ -{ -{
  • ml94ml94 FinlandPosts: 79MI6 Agent
    Rupert Friend for B26.
    "Bond, James Bond"
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    edited September 2017
    [oooops...wrong thread!]
    Yes. Considerably.
  • ml94ml94 FinlandPosts: 79MI6 Agent
    Did BB met Jamie Bell last year?
    "Bond, James Bond"
  • TranceporterTranceporter Near Washington DCPosts: 9MI6 Agent
    edited January 2018
    When I became old enough to have an opinion on the matter, I was certainly in Brosnan's corner when I first saw him in Remington Steele. I have to admit, while I like Fassbender or Tom Hardy as possibilities, I'm surprised no one in this thread seems to have suggested these chaps:

latest?cb=20161124050855
    (Christian Bale) He's not Batman begins anymore. Now the right age at 43-44. Only thing for the rest of the cast and crew to work with a difficult actor :(

bulgari_image.3309108.jpg
    (Eric Bana) Voted favourite Star Trek villain in one review of the reboot. That must be good for some degree of menace..

Chiwetel-Ejiofor-in-Salt.jpg?itok=TZKkpP1H
    With all of the talk of Idris Elba as a suitable Bond, surprised no mention of Chiwetel Ejifor. Anyone who has seen his performance as 'The Operative' in Serenity might agree. He's even from London. Does it get any better..? I read somewhere he wants to be a Bond villain. I say if so, he should be a most dangerous one, another 00 like Alec Trevelyan.
    Rule Number 1: "Don't change the deal."
    Rule Number 2: "No names", and
    Rule Number 3: "Never open the package."
  • Bmorelli11Bmorelli11 Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    Aidan Turner

I agree 100%
    You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    I'm surprised no one has ever suggested these chaps:

They've been suggested here many times! Try using the "Search" function above: eg, type in "Christian Bale" and see how many hits that name gets.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,736MI6 Agent
    Ah.....Craig's back. Guess we can talk about Bond 26, but that's a looooong ways off :)) -{
    Well, we could change the title of this thread by one digit or close it and start a new one for Bond 26, which as HowardB says is pretty far away. Any thoughts?
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent
    just change the title. keep the conversation going already in progress. How else is anybody going to know Christian Bale's already been suggested?
    two years from now you might need to move it to another subforum if technically possible
    Ok, have changed the title. Looking forward to two years from now!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :)) .... It will be interesting to see who's
    Flavour of the month. At different times ...... I'm
    Still available as a back up plan, I'd hate to see the
    Producers stuck. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Barbel wrote:
    I'm surprised no one has ever suggested these chaps:

They've been suggested here many times! Try using the "Search" function above: eg, type in "Christian Bale" and see how many hits that name gets.

Edited. And yeah, I know how to use search. :)
    :) Cheers! And, again, welcome aboard.
    Barbel wrote:
    :) Cheers! And, again, welcome aboard.

Thank you! With so many voices here, it might be a little hard to avoid rehashing completely, but I'll try my best.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I don’t see Bond 26 being released before autumn 2022, so the picks for the next Bond actor should be the right age 4 years from now. So many favourites for the next Bond will be pushing 50 by then. I think the best choice for the next Bond should be around 30 right now, someone born in the mid to late ‘80s. I don’t see the idea of a strong character arc going away for the next Bond, and that kind of story is much easier to tell if the Bond starts fairly young.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,736MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    I don’t see Bond 26 being released before autumn 2022, so the picks for the next Bond actor should be the right age 4 years from now. So many favourites for the next Bond will be pushing 50 by then. I think the best choice for the next Bond should be around 30 right now, someone born in the mid to late ‘80s. I don’t see the idea of a strong character arc going away for the next Bond, and that kind of story is much easier to tell if the Bond starts fairly young.

Good points.
  • __M____M__ Posts: 29MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I have created a poll where I have named all the candidates I can think of. I have cast a wide net, but I left out the most ridiculous candidates mentioned in the press (Tom Cruise, Gillian Anderson). If your candidate isn't listed, just post the name of the actor. This poll assumes Daniel Craig won't be in the next Bond movie, even though this is uncertain now. Click the link and chose one candidate:

Link:http://vote.pollcode.com/83456265

My vote is for Aiden Turner. But then I liked Timothy Dalton, so it won't happen.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Ok, have changed the title. Looking forward to two years from now!

This thread is based on the poll in the first post. By the time the next Bond actor is chosen, many actors in the poll will be too old and hopefully some new names will pop up. A new poll would be needed in 2-3 years.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    I think none of the current crop are likely to be the next Bond as age is against most of them unless EON go for an interim one or two films in quick succession approach.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • EMEKAEMEKA Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Henry Cavill would bring back some flirting and humour to the whole 007 saga similar to what we had with Sir. Roger Moore. All the same, I love Craigs no nonsense assassin style. He really brought home the truth about the job of an assassin.
  • Agent KinoAgent Kino New YorkPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    I just pray that it's not Harry Styles like they keep saying. I'd be so disappointed.
    1. Goldfinger 2. Skyfall 3. Goldeneye 4. The Spy Who Loved Me 5. OHMSS
    Check out my Instagram: @livingthebondlife
    "I never joke about my work, 007."
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    EMEKA wrote:
    Henry Cavill would bring back some flirting and humour to the whole 007 saga similar to what we had with Sir. Roger Moore. All the same, I love Craigs no nonsense assassin style. He really brought home the truth about the job of an assassin.

I'd be very surprised if the Cavill ship has not sailed some time ago. He seems like a charming chap, but I don't get a sense of any gravitas from him. I'd love to see his screen test as it's apparently very good so I could be grossly misjudging him.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,537MI6 Agent
    No love here for James "McMafia" Norton?
  • anotherbondgirlanotherbondgirl Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hi guys, what would you say about Jamie Dornan? He is so sexy and has the "bad look" look. I would love to see him as JB. :x :p
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Hi guys, what would you say about Jamie Dornan? He is so sexy and has the "bad look" look. I would love to see him as JB. :x :p
    Dornan is a possibility because he'll pretty much be the perfect age once Craig steps down. I just don't think he's a good leading man at the moment though. As in he doesn't seem to have a lot of charisma or presence as an actor.