Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• The Sly FoxThe Sly Fox USAPosts: 467MI6 Agent
    edited September 2003
    About the Bond movies, my favorite is TWINE. It has great action, excellent story, wonderful love scenes, and one of the most beautiful ladies on the Silver Screen, IMO (Sophie's picture is my personal photo, in case no one noticed :D). What more could you ask for? :)

IMO, there is no movie that competes with TWINE. What are your opinions??? :)
  • Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    100% the same as yours I have to confess! :D
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.
  • General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    edited September 2003
    Quoting Jaelle:
    I felt the last season, tho, had a lot of weaknesses. All those potential slayers, the new girlfriend for Willow...the show seemed to meander a lot without any coherence. And the First just never really impressed me as a Big Bad Evil the way the mayor or the big bad vampire at the hellmouth in the first couple of seasons did. The First and Glory were the weakest villains.

But the last episode redeemed most of the weaknesses of the last season. Great stuff!

Yes I disliked the way the show gradually turned into a soap opera through series five particularly. That series was awful, and really moved away from the action.

Six was better, because they had many episodes that hadn't a thing to do with the overall story, like Buffy working in the burger bar. Seven wasn't great - but as you said this was redeemed by the excellent final show.

I always looked forward to the finales at the end of each season, there was always a big final battle. Season one brought us a fight between Buffy and the Master. Season two was Buffy, Spike and Xander against Angel, Drusilla and a few henchmen. Season three was the huge fight in the school with Mayor Wilkins turning into some huge serpant. Season four was Buffy fighting the almost invincible cyborg Adam. You get the idea, but that was great stuff.
    Quoting The Sly Fox:
    About the Bond movies, my favorite is TWINE. It has great action, excellent story, wonderful love scenes, and one of the most beautiful ladies on the Silver Screen, IMO (Sophie's picture is my personal photo, in case no one noticed :D). What more could you ask for? :)

IMO, there is no movie that competes with TWINE. What are your opinions??? :)

Sophie is quite stunning in that film I agree...

Though I rank TWINE about 7th or 8th, so its very good.
    My favourite Bond film will always remain GoldenEye for the plot, the villains and the action.
  • tirpitztirpitz Posts: 339MI6 Agent
    It's too bad I didn't see the last episode. From what you guys are saying, it seemed pretty good.
    This doesn't have to do with the topic whatsoever, but General, I liked your old signature better.
    Quoting tirpitz:
    This doesn't have to do with the topic whatsoever, but General, I liked your old signature better.
    I liked your old signature better too, General.
    Of course it has to do with the topic its Jedi Master and GENERAL OURUMOV chat!!
    I officially have 200 posts! I will also have been a member for over a month on the 28th!
    Sorry to break with the topic but I just had to post this. Last night I saw 3 crazy british comedies on PBS. I hope someone here has heard of them, because they are very funny.

Goodnight Sweetheart: Tales of a time traveling bigamist

As Time Goes On: Judi Dench in a comedy with Geoffrey Palmer. I almost felt like I was watching M's home life!

Mr. Bean: A show about a walking disaster.

I hope someone has seen them.
    goodnight sweatheart sounds familiar, what was it like. Old isnt it? No idea about as time goes on. And Mr Bean, he is perhaps one of the most famous actor comedians, Rowan Atkinson. Mr Bean is indeed hilarious! And he has been in lots of other things, like Rat Race, Jonny English, The Mr Bean films of course, can't think of anymore of the top of my head, but he is particularly good at accents. Rowan Atkinson is one of my favourite comedians, along side Jim Carrey, and Jim Davidson!
    Quoting tirpitz:

You liked my old signature more? I can't even remember my old sig!

You mean the one in which I said about me not liking TND, and about GE and AVTAK?
    Quoting Jedi Master:
    goodnight sweatheart sounds familiar, what was it like. Old isnt it? No idea about as time goes on. And Mr Bean, he is perhaps one of the most famous actor comedians, Rowan Atkinson. Mr Bean is indeed hilarious! And he has been in lots of other things, like Rat Race, Jonny English, The Mr Bean films of course, can't think of anymore of the top of my head, but he is particularly good at accents. Rowan Atkinson is one of my favourite comedians, along side Jim Carrey, and Jim Davidson!

Actually Goodnight Sweetheart ran from 1993 to 1999, and it was quite popular. I believe at the height of it's popularity it had over 6 million viewers. I have seen all 14 Mr. Bean episodes and I am a Bean fanatic. He IS my favorite comedian and I even saw the Mr. Bean movie. Pity I didn't see him in Johnny English.

P.S. How do you like my new personal photo?
    edited September 2003
    Quoting General_Ourumov:
    You liked my old signature more? I can't even remember my old sig!

You mean the one in which I said about me not liking TND, and about GE and AVTAK?
    Yes, that one, at least that was the one I was talking about anyway.
    Quoting tirpitz:
    P.S. How do you like my new personal photo?
    I like it very much!
    edited September 2003
    I'd just like to bring the 2000 members topic into this conversation if you don't mind. Because very soon that little counter on the home page will say 2___ rather than 1___ which is very exciting! I know most of you guys talking post on there anyway but its my thread so i will do what i want!
    Well I thought I should change my signature back as requested. If you don't like the little mention I put in then tell me here or in PM. :)
    but tnd is one of the best!!

sorry G I just cannot agree!
    That's cool, of course everyone has their opinions. At one time AVTAK was my favourite Bond movie - and I could name a few people that don't like that film!!!
    Yeah thats the way it is with Bond films, and thats why so many people like them!
    Has anybody seen/enjoyed the Matrix Trilogy, or at least the first 2! As you may have seen the General and I ratehr enjoy them, I was wondering what other peoples opinions of them really are.

Lets start with the first one eh? What did everybody think of "The Matrix"

In case you forgot here is the plot, ooh, that rhymes!

Thomas Anderson is a computer programmer working for a major company, a little like Microsoft I would say. In his "other life"! he is a hacker and computer illeagle programs and software dealer alias Neo. He is looking for someone called "Morpheus"He is gets caught by men wearing black fitted suits and the question him then put something, like a bug into his tummy button! Then he wakes up and the phone wrings, its Morpheus.
    Neo meets up with some people who Morpheus told him to meet and they persuade him to come with them. They then put a machine to his belly button and pull out the bug and he says: "JESUS CHRIST THAT THING'S REAL?!"
    They take him to Morpheus and he agrees to find out "What is The Matrix" He is then taken from this world into another it would seem, in this world he ahs no hair or eyebrows, and he is lying in a red "pod" filled with icky red goo and there are things plugged into him all over him. A machine unplugs the things and he is picked up by a big claw and put onto a ship.

After what I would call habilitation, getting used to wherever he is, he is taken by Morpheus and introduced to the crew of his ship, "The Nebuchadnezzer" (pronounced neb-er-ka-nez-er) or Neb for short. Then Morpheus puts a plug back into his head and he goes into a computer program. Morpheus then shows him what the Matrix is.

The Matrix is a computer program which machines have plugged every human being into to use the humans energy as a source of power. Humans are no longer born, but grown in endless fields.

Neo has a panick attack and they take him out, he throws up and then collapses. He can't go back.

Next day they begin his training, he is plugged in and Tank (his operator) loads up combat training into him. Morpheus then asks to see it and they go into a "spaing program, similar to the programmed reality of the Matrix" They fight, and incredible scene, and Neo is unable to hit Morpheus. Then in one last burst Neo hits Morpheus in the stomach and then goes to punch him in the face but stops at the last minute. Shock!

After Neo's training they take him to see the oracle, the oracle is a woman who has been with the humans since the begining of the ressistance. She once profisised that a man would come, and would be able to do anything he wanted inside the Matix. And he would destroy the Matrix and free the human race. Morpheus has told Neo that he believes he is that man (the One)

One of Morpheus' crew, Cypher, is a traiter and has been dealing with these men in suits (agents) to hand over Morpheus so that they can get some codes that will end the ressistance if passed into the wrong hands.

So Neo goes to see the oracle, and she tells him that he isnt the one, but Morpheus is, and Morpheus is going to sacrifice himself to save Neo and Neo must choose, Morpheus, or himself.

Neo keeps this to himself. Then as they go back they are walking up the stairs to the exit (an exit is a phone which you can use to get out of the Matrix) when someone changes something in the Matrix, they close all the doors up with bricks so that no-one can get out. The crew hide inside a wall and as they clime down Cypher sneeses and a SWAT unit hears him then turns into an agent. The agent grabs Neo through the wall and Morpheus smashes through and stops him. Cypher gets split up from them and gets out first, then just before the others get out he kills Tank (the operator) so that the exit goes dead and they are stuck, he then kills the other man who wasnt in the Matrix and talks to Trinity (another member of the crew(a woman!)) over her mobile phone. While he is talking he kills Switch and Apock (2 other crew members who were inside the Matrix) by pulling out the plugs in their heads. Then Tank comes up behind him (he wasnt quite dead) and kills Cypher and gets Neo and Trinity (the only 2 left) out.

In the ship they are about to pull Morpheus' plug to stop him from giving away the codes when Neo stops them and says what the Oracle told him. He and Trinity then go to save Morpheus. There is now an abo****ely fantastic scene when the 2 of them enter the government building they're holinf Morpheus in and take out a whole SWAT team! Next they take out another team on the roof of the building and an agent comes. Neo shoots him and he dodges the bullets, he shots Neo and Neo nearly dodges all the bullets but one of them just clips him and knocks him down. Trinity then kills the agent. They then fly in a helecopter down to outside the window where they are holding Morpheus and Neo uses the gattling gun to take out the agents, another great scene!

Morpheus then jumps out towards the helecopter but he isnt gonna make it so Neo jumps and catches him (he's on a harness) they then hang from the chopper on a chain and an agent comes to the window and shoots the fuel tanks.

Neo drops morpheus on top of a building then he lands holds onto the chain and Trinity grabs the other end and Neo pulls her up. They then go to an exit and Morpheus gets out. Then as Trinity uses it a beggar nearby turns into an agent and shoots the phone out, only Neo and the agent left. They fight, Neo gets the agent run over by a train (its in a subway) this is yet another great scene!

Neo then runs all over town trying to find another exit, he finds one and as he opens the door of the room it is in there is agent smith standing there pointing a gun at him.

Bang, ouch!
    bang, bang bang bang bang etc!

Neo dies. Trinity Morpheus and Tank are shocked. The agents begin to walk off. Then Trinity talks to Neo on the ship (she just talks to his body in the ship) and tells him that the Oracle told her that she would fall in love with the one, and that she loved him so he couldn't be dead. Neo then comes back to life and the agnets shoot at him, but he just says no, sticks his hand up and stops the bullets. He then fights agent smith and wins easily and then he destroys him. He then goes out the exit.

There! Done it!! How many people will actually read that eh?? I was just bored! Anyway What are your opinions?
    A rather long appreciation of the matrix. As much as I like this movie, I think it's a wee bit too weird.
    edited September 2003
    Quoting General_Ourumov:
    Well I thought I should change my signature back as requested. If you don't like the little mention I put in then tell me here or in PM. :)

As requested by Tirpitz and The Sly Fox
    You remembered me!!! Yes! I post memorable posts so that everyone knows me! I'm Famous!!!! :))

Okay... I got a little carried away... :s What I'm trying to say is... leave my name in your sig... :D
    Hehe. I will leave it there. After all it wouldn't be my sig if you hadn't requested it. I suppose putting you in my sig is yet another step forward in your AJB fame!
    Ah, General. It seems you reached 1000 posts while I was hitting the books. Where is our friend Jedi Master?
    I'm right here guys, im wondering where my idea about Matrix went! I spent so long writing out that plot and everyone just ignored it! I was bored and wanted to tell people what the Matrix is all about and this is the thanks i get!

Im going to Germany on friday everyone so I'll be gone fore 10 days.

Aaah well, as Bond rightfully said, give the people what they want. So that means I have to talk about G's sig, hmmm
    General, who or what is that in your personal photo?
    its wicked! I like it whatever it is! So hows everyone else here? I think I will come on one last time on friday morning just to say see ya to u guys!
    Hope you have a nice time, Jedi Master. It'll be just me and General Ouromov and Sly Fox.
    Don't you let them take over the topic General, I have some plans for this topic, BIG plans :v
    mwahaahaahaaahaaahaahaaaaa