Finding the SkyFall Shave Kit

Comments

• chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Happy belated birthday david.
    Guys my 50th is in 4 years , just saying :)) I live in the UK too :007)
    brilliant detective work guys like a lot of us here , we would love those links so we can gradually make this set rather than doing it in one hit destroys the old wallet.
    when you can will be most appreciated.
    You've mad our bond wend
    007 reporting for duty
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Awesome richmenstoys

we will be posting all the details very soooon!
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    thanks simon ;) I have all the informations now...but some pieces are out of my range :#
    sruzgar wrote:
    Awesome richmenstoys

we will be posting all the details very soooon!
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
  • JBT0077JBT0077 GermanyPosts: 236MI6 Agent
    Nice move Nico.
    Where's the gravestone of bonds parents from?
    Looks great
    it was a gift from minigeff

-{
    JBT0077 wrote:
    Nice move Nico.
    Where's the gravestone of bonds parents from?
    Looks great
    edited February 2018
    razor
    Dovo 415855
    31723376ti.jpg
    brush
    31723330bo.jpg
    comb?
    31730669pf.jpg
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Wrong brush still. Remember it has no ridges on the handle, it's just a classic shape with smooth lines. The comb may be right, but depends on size.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    This is the correct brush
    Taylors_Brush.jpg
    That's it. Trumpers probably did the same model as they both use the same manufacturer for their razors and brushes etc. But as the screen used one had all the labeling removed anyway, it doesn't matter.

IMG_0021_zpskzwy6jek.jpg
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm, what's your take on using badger hair for shaving brushes.?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    8-)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    As I said before, getting dark buffalo examples of Bonds razor as you see it on screen is a massive feat of luck and searching. I'm currently working with Tom at Edwards Shaving Emporium on getting the buffalo in the darkest hues possible.
    He is in contact with Dovo to directly get the darkest examples they have too. I also have the product used by production to dye the horn the same uniform colour they used on the props, which is the only way you will get a uniform black colour. This ink is very powerful.

As for the brush, I doubt it's available now. Back in 2013 when I found out the model used Trumpers no longer stocked it, and neither did a couple of other Jermyn St suppliers. Taylors was the only one with the correctly shaped brush. Again, Tom is trying to source the original manufacturer, so he can make them available. (Trumpers, Taylors, Executive shaving et al all buy their brushes from the same manufacturer and just have their logo put on)In the meantime, this is the place to go...

https://edwardstraditionalshavingemporium.co.uk/product/dovo-shaving-straight-razor-buffalo/
    here is the same dovo razor...you can see the difference in the color...the picture is directly from Dovo Solingen
    31740273zw.jpg
  • Sterling ArcherSterling Archer Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    We need to see David attempt a shave with the kit or at the very least have his barber try it out on him..BUT seriously though David do it yourself and film it. Don't censor the blood :))
    here is the same dovo razor...you can see the difference in the color...the picture is directly from Dovo Solingen
    31740273zw.jpg

Yeah, it's a lottery when you order one as the colours are so different razor to razor. And they're sealed too, so you can't check.
    dovo has opened one extra for me...how do you have inked the knife Jonathan? -{
    I haven't tried it yet. But will post up the results. He says it's permanent, and doesn't have a metallic sheen like most dyes/inks. Although it might be circa 2011 too and be hard to get, as soon as I confirm it, I'll let you know.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    One thing to keep in mind too for anybody actually purchasing these items is the need for a shaving strop, something I can’t believe Bond would have actually travelled with...
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    "There Will BE Blood..."
    We need to see David attempt a shave with the kit or at the very least have his barber try it out on him..BUT seriously though David do it yourself and film it. Don't censor the blood :))
  • SFPROPSSFPROPS USAPosts: 380MI6 Agent
    A lot of different industries use oil based leather dye to get uniform blacks and browns in plastics and organic materials.
  • BCFDRayBCFDRay Joppa, MarylandPosts: 373MI6 Agent
    edited February 2018
    I'm joining the club, hopefully the blood loss is minimal :p

w96srq.png
    Making the razor screen accurate. I'll follow this up with instructions using the actual products they used. It's permanent and effective, so sourcing a 100% black buffalo razor isn't an issue if you do this.

IMG_0047_zpstcektd9i.jpg

IMG_0050_zpsqzzbrlc9.jpg

IMG_0049_zpsb4zi6btp.jpg

IMG_0051_zpsg5pzyxon.jpg

IMG_0053_zpsjlufvt2b.jpg

IMG_0052_zpsuimltqd7.jpg
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Making the razor screen accurate. I'll follow this up with instructions using the actual products they used. It's permanent and effective, so sourcing a 100% black buffalo razor isn't an issue if you do this.

IMG_0047_zpstcektd9i.jpg

IMG_0050_zpsqzzbrlc9.jpg

IMG_0049_zpsb4zi6btp.jpg

IMG_0051_zpsg5pzyxon.jpg

IMG_0053_zpsjlufvt2b.jpg

IMG_0052_zpsuimltqd7.jpg

Looks great Asp! Are we sure the razor was dyed all black or could it have just been the lighting? The photos on JB Lifestyle from the Omega shop still have the hues from the buffalo horn
    Not all of them were dyed, some were touched up and the Omega display was one of them. You can tell by looking at the top of the handle slabs as it looks a purpley metallic, similar to the sheen Sharpie pens leave. Probably due to the fact that this is exactly what they used on some of them. They also did that with the PPK/S box, as the paint came off every time DC opened and closed it.

They used a few razors on set, some with false blades and some with donor blades and others with the original Dovo. To make the handles all the same for continuity, they dyed them. The example prop set at the Omega store was unfinished and cobbled together from production supplied pieces, the bottle doesn't even have the custom label they put on it, and the brush isn't sterile and still has the branding. Branding on everything in this set was removed on the production pieces that were filming back-ups.

This comes straight from the fella that actually put the set together and modified the individual pieces. The razor on display at Omega was a stunt blade. It was supposed to be used in a fight sequence and for the shaving scenes. The couldn't use a polyurethane blade for Moneypenny shaving Bond in the end, due to the hi-res digital recording they used and the fact it kept bending.

I've used exactly the same products that he used to get this uniform look, in fact the dye was the very same bottle he used. He sent it to me earlier this week. From the searching I've done, it seems it's a 2011 vintage, but similar products by the same manufacturer are still available.
    WOW pretty awesome Jonathan -{ :o
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Not all of them were dyed, some were touched up and the Omega display was one of them. You can tell by looking at the top of the handle slabs as it looks a purpley metallic, similar to the sheen Sharpie pens leave. Probably due to the fact that this is exactly what they used on some of them. They also did that with the PPK/S box, as the paint came off every time DC opened and closed it.

They used a few razors on set, some with false blades and some with donor blades and others with the original Dovo. To make the handles all the same for continuity, they dyed them. The example prop set at the Omega store was unfinished and cobbled together from production supplied pieces, the bottle doesn't even have the custom label they put on it, and the brush isn't sterile and still has the branding. Branding on everything in this set was removed on the production pieces that were filming back-ups.

This comes straight from the fella that actually put the set together and modified the individual pieces. The razor on display at Omega was a stunt blade. It was supposed to be used in a fight sequence and for the shaving scenes. The couldn't use a polyurethane blade for Moneypenny shaving Bond in the end, due to the hi-res digital recording they used and the fact it kept bending.

I've used exactly the same products that he used to get this uniform look, in fact the dye was the very same bottle he used. He sent it to me earlier this week. From the searching I've done, it seems it's a 2011 vintage, but similar products by the same manufacturer are still available.

At this point Jonathan just admit it god damn it, your real name is Daniel and you have blond hair. We all know this anyway.

:)) :)) :))

Shocked as always how close are your sources.
    If I was Daniel, I'd have made off with all the major props and costumes :D
    Asp9mm wrote:
    If I was Daniel, I'd have made off with all the major props and costumes :D

I'm impressed as always Asp {[]