Brown, Orlebar Brown

BrackleyBondBrackleyBond Oundle, NorthamptonshirePosts: 87MI6 Agent
I received a copy of Orlebar Brown's "OB Approved" this morning, in the centre is an advert for 007 exclusive editions, launching in July. The link for this is running a countdown, orlebarbrown.com/007.

Just thought I'd let you know, it's the first I've herd of it.

Comments

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Oooo they have my interest. Keen to see what they’ve come up with.
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Oh, this is great. Hopefully I can finally get a pair of Setters in Sky. I don't know if there's a difference between the Sky and Powder Blue versions but it's always gnawed at me deep down that, maybe, they're not SA.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    Be cool to see them riff on vintage Jantzen or those various tops from Thunderball.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    All will be revealed shortly.

I think many of us will be very excited with what they have in store.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,757MI6 Agent
    Very exciting. I love all of my stuff from OB. Hopefully whatever they release isn’t such a limited run that it’s gone immediately.
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent
    I'm really hoping for a re-release of the SA colour Skyfall swim shorts, and a re-release /confirmation of the SA linen shirt from Spectre.
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 593MI6 Agent
    Oh great, that’s all I need. I’ve already got about 50 of their pieces. I’m gonna be in trouble :))
    Yes. Considerably!
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    Thunderball espadrilles would be nice.
    Many of you WILL be in trouble....I will say that this countdown is to a very limited run but it isn't a re-release of Spectre items. But this limited run is only the beginning of some exciting things they have planned for some time.

Sorry to be nebulous.....for many of you it will be worth the wait.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    How limited is limited? :)) Sounds really good though, can’t wait!
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    I think I will switch off all electronic devices for the next three weeks, just to be sure.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Skyfall setters must be a certainty.

I moaned about them being discontinued on Instagram and they replied something to the effect of “watch this space”
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent
    Just had a very brief conversation with Frederica of OB's customer service. She said OB has no plans to re-release the setter shorts in Sky as they had an issue with the fabric. She also mentioned that the new 007 collection will consist of entirely new products.
    Hmm - guess it will be a inspired by type collection then I guess
    It's probably too off brand for OB to give us the Goldfinger terrycloth romper. I've genuinely wanted one and have been underwhelmed by the fan replicas found online. So I'm going to hope nonetheless.
  • Bmorelli11Bmorelli11 Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    My wife gave me the heads-up this morning (she's the best), if it's Thunderball related they can just take my money right now!
    You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us
    If OB is listening (and if they aren't, David, please pass along)

http://www.bondsuits.com/terrycloth-camp-shirt-diamonds-are-forever/

Terrycloth-_Shirt.jpg
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,757MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:
    It's probably too off brand for OB to give us the Goldfinger terrycloth romper. I've genuinely wanted one and have been underwhelmed by the fan replicas found online. So I'm going to hope nonetheless.

It’s not off-brand at all. I have a sky blue terry cloth polo from OB and at the time I bought it, Goldfinger was referenced in the product description on their site!
    frommeyer wrote:

If OB was paying attention to this Kickstarter last year, they might be more open-minded than you think...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/106904571/the-romphimtm-your-new-favorite-summer-outfit
    I would say that you will all be happy...you may have to wait a bit on some things (the first release will please some, but not others) but in the end this is going to be very cool.....

And for those that love Thunderball, get your duckets ready....
    It’s not off-brand at all. I have a sky blue terry cloth polo from OB and at the time I bought it, Goldfinger was referenced in the product description on their site!

!
    frommeyer wrote:

If OB was paying attention to this Kickstarter last year, they might be more open-minded than you think...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/106904571/the-romphimtm-your-new-favorite-summer-outfit

!!

I'm legit excited. Is it too early to start tanning my upper thighs?
    The Mantis wrote:
    I would say that you will all be happy...you may have to wait a bit on some things (the first release will please some, but not others) but in the end this is going to be very cool.....

Pink shirt? Swim shorts with belt?
    edited June 2018
    LOL...sorry. I am in a different capacity with this right now so I am limited to what I can discuss, but you wont be disappointed in 14 days....
    The Mantis wrote:

Pink shirt? Swim shorts with belt?
    Jet pack helmets?? Grieving Widow Disguise Veils?

MINK GLOVE!
  • Sterling ArcherSterling Archer Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    Perfect timing..got some spare cash to spend. -{
    Probably polos and swim shorts with 007 branding. Or maybe pics of the Bonds so you can wear Craig, Connery, et. a.l on your crotch or perfectly formed ar*e.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    perfectly formed ar*e.
    (Someone noticed Trivia Challenge :)) )
    a reasonable rate of return
    perfectly formed ar*e.
    (Someone noticed Trivia Challenge :)) )

Also recent entries in Bond quotes conversation thread.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    I'm surprised this seemingly inevitable partnership didn't happen much sooner. N.peal almost immediately capitalized on their sweater being worn in Skyfall and it paid off not only in sales but brand recognition. Not to mention making two sweaters exclusively for Bond in the following film. Perhaps we'll see something similar from OB for B25?
    Hopefully if they are involved it means some beach / swim / diving in Bond 25 ala Thunderball!!!!