No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    not wardrobe related but I hope to see Macallan and the NO.3 gin back.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Imagine if Tom Ford switched that "No. 001" to "No. 007"!
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    I dont know if this has been covered but word on the street is he will be wearing an ALL ceramic Omega.
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,367MI6 Agent
    I dont know if this has been covered but word on the street is he will be wearing an ALL ceramic Omega.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case -{
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    Something like this Tom Ford piece would be a nice callback to the Moore era without looking dated:

PfnScFfGTAC1xghc17E2

d67tn130SOG1gy7segwd

https://www.grailed.com/listings/5299662-Tom-Ford-Tom-Ford-Men-Blue-Cotton-Four-Pocket-Utility-Jacket-Sz-48-38-RTL--3250
  • DanielCDanielC Posts: 65MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:
    From a budget conscious standpoint... I enjoyed the reasonably acquirable jackets from Skyfall wherein the most expensive was the Barbour at around $700.. (still steep on a cop's salary but I still snagged it along with the BR and the Menlo).. The SPECTRE wardrobe went waaaaaay out of range - especially the DIOR ! Even the Matchless was a no go for me... I'm just hoping that the next film has items that are attainable... or that Daniel Love steps in and hooks us up again :) Because admittedly.. I do get more satisfaction from supporting the likes of him as opposed to Matchless or that wing nut Tom Ford
    Completely agree.

Just purchased a used Billy Reid peacoat in mint condition for 300$. Brands like Tom Ford would be a no go even in secondhand.
    Looking for a ROYALE Filmwear Talamone Shawl Collar Cardigan, size medium. Preferably in Europe, but the US would work as well. Feel free to send a PM!
  • SharpeSharpe Posts: 84MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:
    From a budget conscious standpoint...  I enjoyed the reasonably acquirable jackets from Skyfall wherein the most expensive was the Barbour at around $700..  (still steep on a cop's salary but I still snagged it along with the BR and the Menlo).. 

I really wish I'd bought the Menlo back in the day. Practically impossible to get now as far as I can tell - at least in a small.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Sharpe wrote:
    I really wish I'd bought the Menlo back in the day. Practically impossible to get now as far as I can tell - at least in a small.

Keep the faith - they do turn up on eBay periodically, but you need to use search terms like Menlo, Levi’s leather, Skyfall jacket - as they are frequently described differently by sellers. I snagged one last year at a steal using this tactic. Good luck. -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Sharpe wrote:

Keep the faith - they do turn up on eBay periodically, but you need to use search terms like Menlo, Levi’s leather, Skyfall jacket - as they are frequently described differently by sellers. I snagged one last year at a steal using this tactic. Good luck. -{

levis
    lvc
    menlo
    1930s levis

Save a bunch of searches and set up alerts!
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 745MI6 Agent
    Plus.. as it may be an unpopular commentary... not only is Tom Ford overpriced.. has anyone ever read some of his interviews.. the guy is a nut job.. I'd be fine if his name was nowhere near Bond.. his personal character is the antithesis of the actual literary Bond.. I mean... uhhhhhhh... there was this :

http://www.vulture.com/2016/12/tom-ford-still-pro-penetration-for-all-men.html
    MFisher wrote:
    Plus.. as it may be an unpopular commentary... not only is Tom Ford overpriced.. has anyone ever read some of his interviews.. the guy is a nut job.. I'd be fine if his name was nowhere near Bond.. his personal character is the antithesis of the actual literary Bond.. I mean... uhhhhhhh... there was this :

I don't think its that unpopular honestly. A few of my friends who own a lot of TF clothing and accessories have still expressed a desire for Bond to drop the brand. Which will likely happen after Craig leaves anyway.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:

He's gay, so it's not that odd. There are much crazier things one could say. But I do think it's odd that he takes five baths a day. He's an unusual man, with a fantastic eye for design. There are far worse people who could be making Bond's clothes, like Brunello Cucinelli.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,757MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    MFisher wrote:

He's gay, so it's not that odd. There are much crazier things one could say. But I do think it's odd that he takes five baths a day. He's an unusual man, with a fantastic eye for design. There are far worse people who could be making Bond's clothes, like Brunello Cucinelli.

Amen.
    Just read in the B25 forum that Jany isn't returning. to quote Miles Messervy: "This really opens the door in the sartorial department!" Do you think we'll see a return of the SF/SP style suits or get something completely new?
    Just read in the B25 forum that Jany isn't returning. to quote Miles Messervy: "This really opens the door in the sartorial department!" Do you think we'll see a return of the SF/SP style suits or get something completely new?

I hope we see something similar, but better-fitting. Trouble is, Craig was just as much to blame for the poor fit as Jany. It could be academic, though. Even if he gets in shape, Craig is not going to have the waistline he had in Skyfall, so suits that tight might not even be anatomically possible.

I actually think they should let Tom Ford design the costumes. {:)
    Something like this Tom Ford piece would be a nice callback to the Moore era without looking dated:

PfnScFfGTAC1xghc17E2

d67tn130SOG1gy7segwd

https://www.grailed.com/listings/5299662-Tom-Ford-Tom-Ford-Men-Blue-Cotton-Four-Pocket-Utility-Jacket-Sz-48-38-RTL--3250

On this same forecasting tip, Bruno Cucinelli has a $7K pea coat. Let's hope not, for Bond's (and our) sake:

1065748_mrp_in_xxl.jpg

PfnScFfGTAC1xghc17E2

d67tn130SOG1gy7segwd

On this same forecasting tip, Bruno Cucinelli has a $7K pea coat. Let's hope not, for Bond's (and our) sake:

1065748_mrp_in_xxl.jpg
    If a peacoat does return it would be great but unlikely if it was the BR again since it made headlines back in 2012 and has become one of the most iconic pieces from the Craig era.
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 672MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    MFisher wrote:

Amen.

Out of curiosity, what's wrong with Brunello Cuccinelli?
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
    edited July 2018
    Matt S wrote:

Amen.

Out of curiosity, what's wrong with Brunello Cuccinelli?

The cut of Brunello Cucinelli’s tailored clothing is too relaxed and too Italian for Bond. Also, I don’t think it’s even a well-executed version of what it’s supposed to be, which makes it even worse. The fit is strange, and particularly unflattering on Daniel Craig’s frame. At least the too-tight Tom Ford suits are properly structured and have a British look.
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    Is it just me or is a lot of Tom Ford stuff "inspired" by (i.e. ripped off from) other designers? The shawl collar cardigan is incredibly close to the old Steve McQueen cardi, several TF sunglasses are identical to Persol etc etc

There are plenty of British designers & firms - both traditional and modern - that could be used; I'd like to see more of them in the next outing.
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
    Dufus wrote:
    Is it just me or is a lot of Tom Ford stuff "inspired" by (i.e. ripped off from) other designers? The shawl collar cardigan is incredibly close to the old Steve McQueen cardi, several TF sunglasses are identical to Persol etc etc

There are plenty of British designers & firms - both traditional and modern - that could be used; I'd like to see more of them in the next outing.
    No its not just you, its been known and discussed on here for years. Though I love most of Tom Ford's wardrobe contributions to the character I agree the next Bond should return to Turnbull & Asser and other British tailoring brands. It seems likely Tom Ford will be back for B25 but we might get a different suit style then SF and SP since there will be a new costume designer.
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 672MI6 Agent
    Dufus wrote:

Totally.

QoS Polo = Sunspel Polo (IIRC)

Spectre Solden Jacket = Moncler Jacket (I've seen the correct one on eBay and the model name was ID'd and can be found with a quick search on this forum)

QoS Sunglasses = Oliver Peoples Airman (insane shameless ripoff pretty much lol)

Although, IMO, the cardigan and harrington are OK because they're just a general jacket design that he just "brought back."

But the ones I mentioned are nothing short of shameless ripoffs.
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
    edited August 2018
    This is just wishful thinking on my part, but does anyone think there’s a glimmer of hope that Rolex could replace Omega in Bond 25? With the changes to both the costume designer and others who have worked on several Bond films, perhaps this isn’t outside the realm of possibility? We know Craig is a fan of Rolex in his personal life, and as his influence on the films has increased, many of the brands he favors have shown up in the films.

Further, the release of the “Commander” watch last year seemed odd and rushed. Maybe Omega’s contract was up and they wanted to cash in one last time? Again, just fun speculation on my part as I would love to be rid of Omega.
    Rolex won't pay to be in Bond, so I'd say zero chance...
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Yup zero chance. Imagine Omega pay a lot (and earn a lot also) hence a nice solid arrangement
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I'm praying, literally with every fibre that a mankini gets an airing.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 745MI6 Agent
    He's gay, so it's not that odd. There are much crazier things one could say. But I do think it's odd that he takes five baths a day.

I'll respectfully disagree here... suggesting that bathing too often is odd.. but yet suggesting men should be sodomized so they can relate is "not odd" just because he's good with it is absolutely off the rails crazy... :))
    Has anyone heard rumblings about a Bond 25 costume director? I assume this person is in place and working diligently as we speak.
  • AJB JAJB J Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    I like the brand Private White VC - good British brand that could be the next Orlebar Brown

BBE88_B45-7_FCB-4544-9_D46-276_B0552_BB69.jpg
    Has anyone heard rumblings about a Bond 25 costume director? I assume this person is in place and working diligently as we speak.
    Jenny Eagan seems a likely possibility. She's worked with Fukananga on his most recent series 'Maniac', 'True Detective' season one and his film 'Beasts of no nation'. Her last listed project is 'knives out' so she's already worked with Craig recently as well.