Quantum of Solace Bond Tom Ford Polo: Update in Post 440

1121315171824

Comments

  • bondfan245200bondfan245200 Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    Any update on numbers? The deadline is coming up
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,602MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    JTM wrote:
    I don’t think we should fret, I’m sure Luigi would be more likely than not to extend the deadline for us. Although I’m sure the reason why we hit s snag was the tie project which was stated to not overlap with this one but so far has.

    I don’t think that’s the case. The price increase per shirt would probably be where issues arose—€670 is a far bit of money and most people have a lot of other things going on in their life that makes dropping that amount for a shirt a tall order.

    And just to be clear, I had always asked for the tie project to start AFTER Davids Polo project was wrapped. But TF wanted to move with it quicker...

    Agree with Jordan, all down to price, understandable as the rise is, will just simply price some out, priorities etc.... The slow take up was after the price rise and before we got to green light for the ties too. We could list lots of reasons, impending B25 items, brexit, exchange rates, price of petrol, etcetc...

    Looking at the lists there is some overlap, but the names are probably in for both knowing many... There are a lot of members on one or the other

    Prices aside, I participated in the tie project because those ties are truly unique and beautiful. If I want an SA polo I can order the Sunspel riviera for a fraction of the price and have it next week. And after all, the TF polo was basically a copy of the Sunspel. It’s baffling that TF can’t make a polo shirt for under €500, limited run or not.
  • MrEMrE Can't be too careful Posts: 564MI6 Agent
    edited March 2019
    Respectfully, I disagree. The Sunspel is a nice polo but the cut is completely different on the TF polo. The Sunspel is a slim-tailored fit and long, and the TF is more of a slub, relaxed fit and short. The Sunspel is 100% cotton and is very meshy and see-through if you hold it up to the light, whereas the TF is a linen blend and the texture is different. Stating that they are basically the same shirt is like saying that the Navy Barracuda is basically the same jacket as the TF Harrington jacket. Also forgot a couple other details, the Sunspel has a sharp-edged pocket and the TF has a round pocket. Also the Sunspel has an even hem, whereas the TF polo has an uneven hem.

    You can really see how relaxed the fit is in the body when Bond knocks on the door and when he's fighting Slate.
    Sorry the picture quality isn't better.


    photo.jpg

    tfb.jpg

    music.jpg
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    I've always loved the unique fit of this polo. The way it bellows a little around the waist but is fitted at the arms and torso. I was lucky enough to see The Bond Experience's polo in person and its a beautiful item. Would jump in on this if I didn't just drop so much money on the SF ties :)) .
  • MrEMrE Can't be too careful Posts: 564MI6 Agent
    Yes, I think we have found the true culprit as to why this project is at a stand-still. The tie project jumped out ahead of it. Hopefully Luigi will take that into consideration and extend the cut off date.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,206MI6 Agent
    As stated before

    The tie project was always to run after the polo was complete. But timings were down to tf and Luigi.

    But in the scheme of things they are 2 very different items

    What are we going to blame next for dropping out, saving up for b25 stuff. Because theres a whole new bunch of stuff coming our way??? And there is always Bond stuff appearring for us to use our hard earned on.

    The polo is a great piece, but just too expensive now for some who were originally and genuinely committed. I get that, and more importantly so does David.

    So using words like culprit is ridiculous
    Skewered, one sympathises...

    1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,612MI6 Agent
    edited March 2019
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    As stated before

    The tie project was always to run after the polo was complete. But timings were down to tf and Luigi.

    But in the scheme of things they are 2 very different items

    What are we going to blame next for dropping out, saving up for b25 stuff. Because theres a whole new bunch of stuff coming our way??? And there is always Bond stuff appearring for us to use our hard earned on.

    The polo is a great piece, but just too expensive now for some who were originally and genuinely committed. I get that, and more importantly so does David.

    So using words like culprit is ridiculous

    I saw his comment and I've sat here for the last 30 minutedls trying to put my thoughts into words about the project but you've summed it up perfectly!
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,012MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    As stated before

    The tie project was always to run after the polo was complete. But timings were down to tf and Luigi.

    But in the scheme of things they are 2 very different items

    What are we going to blame next for dropping out, saving up for b25 stuff. Because theres a whole new bunch of stuff coming our way??? And there is always Bond stuff appearring for us to use our hard earned on.

    The polo is a great piece, but just too expensive now for some who were originally and genuinely committed. I get that, and more importantly so does David.

    So using words like culprit is ridiculous

    Well said -{
  • monstermonster Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    Blaming the TF Tie project ..... is indeed ridiculous.

    First the Polo Project had already hit a commitment problem, and if the TF Tie Project had to wait for the TF Polo Project to come to a meaningful conclusion ..... we would still be waiting!!!

    At least one of these projects is going ahead.
  • MrEMrE Can't be too careful Posts: 564MI6 Agent
    Sorry if you guys misunderstood me. I'm not pointing the finger at anyone here. But when 5 members chime in and say "I would have gone for the polo...but...I jumped on board the tie project instead, I think it's a no-brainer.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,602MI6 Agent
    MrE wrote:
    Sorry if you guys misunderstood me. I'm not pointing the finger at anyone here. But when 5 members chime in and say "I would have gone for the polo...but...I jumped on board the tie project instead, I think it's a no-brainer.

    I think there are several people, like myself, who were never committed in any way to the polo project but did participate in the tie project. I think it is a very small number indeed who may have opted out of the polo because the ties became available. The economics of the polo project are obviously to blame if people are backing out.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,483Quartermasters
    Lots of passionate discussion....Luigi and I spoke and because we are at 33 units we are going to give this some more time...let's see if we can get to the next level! -{
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 2,674MI6 Agent
    Lots of passionate discussion....Luigi and I spoke and because we are at 33 units we are going to give this some more time...let's see if we can get to the next level! -{

    If only you could do a vlog.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,483Quartermasters
    I don't disagree but that technique is off the table.
    Lots of passionate discussion....Luigi and I spoke and because we are at 33 units we are going to give this some more time...let's see if we can get to the next level! -{

    If only you could do a vlog.
  • MrEMrE Can't be too careful Posts: 564MI6 Agent
    I don't disagree but that technique is off the table.
    Lots of passionate discussion....Luigi and I spoke and because we are at 33 units we are going to give this some more time...let's see if we can get to the next level! -{

    If only you could do a vlog.

    Or is it?...you could use that day of the dead mask you have, and then when the video starts instead of saying "welcome to the Bond Experience" you could say..."welcome to the 007 encounter." Too much of a stretch?
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,612MI6 Agent
    MrE wrote:
    I don't disagree but that technique is off the table.

    If only you could do a vlog.

    Or is it?...you could use that day of the dead mask you have, and then when the video starts instead of saying "welcome to the Bond Experience" you could say..."welcome to the 007 encounter." Too much of a stretch?

    Definitely too much of a stretch!
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,483Quartermasters
    LOL!! :)) OK, you guys made me laugh over my morning coffee....love it. Now I have to find some way to pay homage top it.
    MikeG77 wrote:
    MrE wrote:
    I don't disagree but that technique is off the table.

    Or is it?...you could use that day of the dead mask you have, and then when the video starts instead of saying "welcome to the Bond Experience" you could say..."welcome to the 007 encounter." Too much of a stretch?

    Definitely too much of a stretch!
  • bondfan245200bondfan245200 Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    edited March 2019
    I've had the chance to see the screen worn version in person awhile back. Its a very different material than your standard sunspel riviera polo. It conforms to your body and has less structure so if you have an athletic build, it will definitely show off it off more than 100% cotton material. Also , the sunspel riviera sleeves don't hold well, especially if you've worn it a few times, the sleeves stretch out and point outwards rather than consistently hugging the bicep, for example the specter polo. Fabrics which are softer don't have this problem as much because they are not as stiff as cotton. If you've ever worn any of the Tom Ford polos, not just the specter polo but the regular polos as well, they're constructed very well and hold their shape much better than sunspels do. Also, the color is vastly different in my opninion. The Tom Ford polo in QOS is much darker. It was often confused as black initially depending on the light source.

    we have 33 units committed, that means were only off by 12? keep spreading the word
    Qo-S-TF-SHirt.jpg

    sunspel-riviera-polo-james-bond-daniel-craig-statementstore-stat.jpg
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,483Quartermasters
    Gents, I may have some news shortly on being able to do a video to current hand raisers and to solicit new buyers into this project....will keep every apprised as things happen!
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,012MI6 Agent
    Gents, I may have some news shortly on being able to do a video to current hand raisers and to solicit new buyers into this project....will keep every apprised as things happen!

    Oooo great news! Keep us posted -{
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,483Quartermasters
    We have only 10 units to go until this is GREENLIT! Polo being sent for me to do a video but if you are still interested I wouldn't wait....get in touch with Luigi to secure yours.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,115MI6 Agent
    great work David, and only 10 now thats moved nicely :007)
    I wonder if all that debate had prompted people :D
    looking forward to vlog
    007 reporting for duty
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,014MI6 Agent
    Damn - looks like I might have to cough up after all :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • MrEMrE Can't be too careful Posts: 564MI6 Agent
    We have only 10 units to go until this is GREENLIT! Polo being sent for me to do a video but if you are still interested I wouldn't wait....get in touch with Luigi to secure yours.

    Awesome news. -{
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 338MI6 Agent
    -{ good news! Nice to see my insta posts payed off!
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,612MI6 Agent
    We have only 10 units to go until this is GREENLIT! Polo being sent for me to do a video but if you are still interested I wouldn't wait....get in touch with Luigi to secure yours.

    That's great news but how much more time is Luigi giving us?
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,839MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    We have only 10 units to go until this is GREENLIT! Polo being sent for me to do a video but if you are still interested I wouldn't wait....get in touch with Luigi to secure yours.

    That's great news but how much more time is Luigi giving us?

    I have actually ordered a number to make this hopefully happen
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,483Quartermasters
    We have until the end of APRIL...........
    MikeG77 wrote:
    We have only 10 units to go until this is GREENLIT! Polo being sent for me to do a video but if you are still interested I wouldn't wait....get in touch with Luigi to secure yours.

    That's great news but how much more time is Luigi giving us?
  • GSGS Posts: 325MI6 Agent
    Brilliant. Thank you David. Anyone on the fence should really pull the trigger!!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,483Quartermasters
    OK, embedded in this new vlog is a detailed discussion of the Tom Ford Quantum polo...fit and size discussion:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6ScFQx2hGY&t=1s


    fit-vlog-2.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.