Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    wow, 21 being married to you, TP. My condolences to the wife :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    I'd like to pay tribute to my beautiful wife, 21 years ago today
    I took her up the aisle. -{ :)

Congratulations to you TP and Mrs TP -{ I hope you will be treating her to a slap up meal tonight.

I am happy to say Mrs AA and I celebrate 36 years of wedded bliss next month -{
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Congratulations to you AA {[] , and yes Bondtoys, She has put up with a lot. :))
    But no where near as much as Mrs Bondtoys, I suspect. :p
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I think my GF has learn't to live with my annoying Habits :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    You shouldn't share a house with characters from the lord of the rings. !
    Oh, sorry I see now it's Habits. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    TP, I hope you gave Mrs TP something special to remember the occasion like an AJB pin badge :D
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    You shouldn't share a house with characters from the lord of the rings. !
    Oh, sorry I see now it's Habits. :))

:)) Cheeky Sod
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    :)) No pin, AA. I've arranged a romantic evening, candles, flowers
    Soft music, chocolates etc. Then a night of passion like she's never
    Had before ! ;)
    It won't be me of course, I've hired a young fella for her, for the night. :))
    I'm Not giving up an evening on AJB for anyone ! :)) :p
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I'd like to pay tribute to my beautiful wife, 21 years ago today
    I took her up the aisle. -{ :)

{[] to you and the Mrs TP! May you have many more years of wedded bliss!
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    Funny enough she's only back from a holiday in Magaluf ;)
    Apparently she won a cocktail ! :))
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    21 years! That's about three life sentences isn't it? :))

Congratulations TP, that's awesome. I celebrated 26 years of wedded bliss last month. And I clearly recall the time when I took Mrs C&D up the aisle, her eyes were positively watering ( must have been the emotion) :D
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    :)) yes I'd go with " emotions " :D
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 753MI6 Agent
    Dave Bickers died this week at the age of 76. Known for his stunt work in the Bond series, Bickers doubled for Roger Moore in Octopussy and also contributed from GE through QoS.

RIP -{
    Sad news, RIP Dave Bickers, -{
    R.I.P, he was the one who had his Thigh smashed to Bits whilst doubling as Moore on the Train in OP?
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 753MI6 Agent
    I believe it was Martin Grace who suffered the injury while hanging on the edge of the Octopussy train. Bickers replaced him after the injury.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    James Garner has died aged 86, RIP
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    Sad news, about James Garner. Many great roles over the years Maverick
    and Jim Rockford. I think he was also one of the first actors to sue a TV
    Production company for not letting him do other work. RIP.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,585Chief of Staff
    Sorry to hear of the death of James Garner - a fine actor -RIP -{
    YNWA 97
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Now Garner's been re-united with his old "Great Escape" buddy , Don Pleasence :(

Garner was also one of Lee's martial arts pupils.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    edited July 2014
    He was the grandfather in 8 Simple Rules. He is reunited with his on screen son, John Ritter. A very funny program. RIP
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Sad to hear about the death of James Garner - he also played Philip Marlowe on film.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Le SamouraiLe Samourai Honolulu, HIPosts: 573MI6 Agent
    Jim Rockford was one of TV's greatest private eyes. As I kid, I thought it would be supercool to be a detective living in a trailer in Malibu, driving around in a Firebird. I still sort of do. RIP, James Garner.
    —Le Samourai

A Gent in Training.... A blog about my continuing efforts to be improve myself, be a better person, and lead a good life. It incorporates such far flung topics as fitness, self defense, music, style, food and drink, and personal philosophy.
    Agent In Training
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Garners appearance alongside Donald Pleasance in the great escape was fantastic and nearly brought me to tears when I first saw it.

I remember in my yoof when most people took the mick, saying things like 'oh goldfinger's on followed by the great escape, it must be Boxing Day then". But it was only when I got a bit older that I started to appreciate things in life a tad more and see these films for what they are, certainly in the case of the great escape, a fantastic tale bases on true facts starring some amazing actors like James Coburn, Steve McQueen and Dickie Attenborough. Garner was a true character, I hope his family adapt to life without him as soon as they can.

The bandit had nothin on Rockford!
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Garner was like an old friend. . .whenever you saw him--in a movie, a TV show, or even a commercial (he used to do camera commercials with Mariette Hartley back in the day)--you had to like him. Rest in peace.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    That's a sad day for Hollywood, James Garner RIP I used to watch the Rockford files as a kid
    he was cool with out having to rely on sex/swearing/fancy clothes /fancy cars ect and also to be in one of the greatest films ever made TGE we will miss his rare ability as an actor
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    RIP to James Garner. I loved what he did on screen, especially his television work in Maverick and The Rockford Files. I also admire his off screen activities, especially his participation in the Civil Rights marches in the 60s. A great actor and a great man - he will be missed.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,585Chief of Staff
    RIP Dora Bryan - a talented actress -{
    YNWA 97
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Actor James Shigeta, known for playing Mr Takagi in Die Hard. RIP
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    Sorry to hear that, I love the die hard movies and he was very good RIP