Anything Good on TV ?

Comments

• always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I've been given the loan of a box set of "the Saint" all the old B/W shows.
    they're remarkably good, some great stories and it's fun spotting all the
    actors who've also been in a Bond. ;)
    Curtis
    We have a re-run of the Persuaders on our TV starring Moore and Curtiss , still a great show ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    another great series from my childhood. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,579Chief of Staff
    Lexi wrote:
    Anyone watching Spies on channel 4?

It's really interesting look at what makes a spy and follows a group of wannabes trying to get through the selection process.

I watched the entire series last night - 4 episodes...definitely worth a watch...I want a go now :D
    YNWA 97
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

It's really interesting look at what makes a spy and follows a group of wannabes trying to get through the selection process.

I watched the entire series last night - 4 episodes...definitely worth a watch...I want a go now :D

Me too! Can't believe how some of the contestants seemed so ill-suited for the role - what were they thinking of when they applied? :o
    Wonder how well it did and if the BBC will do another series.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

Me too! Can't believe how some of the contestants seemed so ill-suited for the role - what were they thinking of when they applied? :o

You did wonder how some passed the initial exam :o

It did give a real insight as to what goes on...I thought Roopia was superb...

I'm not sure if Channel 4 could commission another series...as I take it once you've seen it you would know what you needed to do if you were to take part...?
    Still, excellent though -{
    YNWA 97
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Apologies sir M, yes it was Ch 4 not BBC - I also thought Roolia was by far the best.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    I see a James Bond special car show on television yesterday. I was 1 hour and driving the different James Bond cars. It was a good show.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

I knew you two would love it!
    Very, very interesting. And so Spectre at the end! (Or quantum....) Brilliant series. :x
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Apologies sir M, yes it was Ch 4 not BBC - I also thought Roolia was by far the best.

No need for to apologise at all...if we had to apologise for every little error then I'd spend all day doing nothing else :))

Yes...and who thought a woman would be good at telling lies :v :D
    YNWA 97
    Lexi wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Very, very interesting. And so Spectre at the end! (Or quantum....) Brilliant series. :x

Well you had to be right sometime :p

Quantum...not SPECTRE...
    YNWA 97
    It would be fun to see a spoof documentary about contestants trying out to work for a
    Villainous organisation : Day one, cleaning the hidden shark tank.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,222MI6 Agent
    It would be fun to see a spoof documentary about contestants trying out to work for a
    Villainous organisation : Day one, cleaning the hidden shark tank.

Day 2: Devising a plan to hollow out a volcano and and set up a base to capture space rockets without anyone noticing it being built.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

Well you had to be right sometime :p

Quantum...not SPECTRE...

:o :o :o Crickey, high praise indeed!

You don't think the scene in Spectre, where they're waiting for the car after the train???
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent
    I often catch The Avengers on True Entertainment and find myself thinking, just how many of these did (FYEO villain) Julian Glover appear in? :#

Last night he was in a good one with Tara King, where she thought she was in an English wartime household for reasons that became clear. A great denoucement, but really, Linda Thorson and Patrick Macnee were not a great match, they seemed to be in different episodes even they were sharing screen time. It's not her fault, it's just her whole breathy swoonsome demeanour leaves Steed with nothing to do somehow, except rescue her.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    One of the things I've noticed from watching the early few series of
    The Saint. Is how often the same actors pop up, not just from season
    to season but in the same series just different episodes :D
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    One of the things I've noticed from watching the early few series of
    The Saint. Is how often the same actors pop up, not just from season
    to season but in the same series just different episodes :D

I think some actors might appear in back-to-back episodes as different characters and then go on to play similar characters in The Avengers, Danger Man and the Bond films. England must've had a shortage of actors in the 1960s.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    I'm reewatching "The thick of it" , still a brilliantly funny political comedy. -{
    The Graham Norton show is always a great watch but last Friday's was particularly excellent -{
    YNWA 97
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    Last night I saw the Star Trek TNG episode "The perfect mate" with Famke Janssen in the title role. I considered writing something in bad taste and possibly misogynist here, but I think you know what I'm thinking ;%
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    edited February 2017
    I attempted to watch ssgb last night, couldn't get on with it at all :(
    Purvis and Wade have done themselves no favours here as far as I'm concerned.
    Out of the recent Bond writers other projects Logan did a fine job with penny dreadful. Interesting to see that in John Logans online profile of works BOND25 is cited as being written by him and is called SHATTERHAND! I'm not reading much into it but it's interesting none the less.

Screenshot_20170227_164515.png
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    The Graham Norton show is always a great watch but last Friday's was particularly excellent -{

Was that the Hugh Jackman, Sir Ian McKellen and Sir Patrick Stewart show? If it was, that was hysterical ... Ian McKellen is hilarious
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Was that the Hugh Jackman, Sir Ian McKellen and Sir Patrick Stewart show? If it was, that was hysterical ... Ian McKellen is hilarious

It was...haven't laughed at a tv program like that for ages...McKellen is great, he lived in my town for years -{
    YNWA 97
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Brilliant bit of TV, McKellen and Stewart are top northerners -{
    Norton does well with his guests, I like his format.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Inside Number Nine is back -{ I'd urge everyone to watch this fantastic series. This weeks
    Episode was absolutely stunning in its twists and turns about a master of cryptic crosswords.
    Brilliant stuff {[]
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,222MI6 Agent
    Inside Number Nine is back -{ I'd urge everyone to watch this fantastic series. This weeks
    Episode was absolutely stunning in its twists and turns about a master of cryptic crosswords.
    Brilliant stuff {[]

Have not caught up with the latest episode yet but heartily agree with TP that this series is superb, never a duff episode. {[]
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    Brilliant stuff {[]

Have not caught up with the latest episode yet but heartily agree with TP that this series is superb, never a duff episode. {[]

Always cleverly written with a killer twist at the end. The last episode was oh so dark but I love this show {[]
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
    Brilliant stuff {[]

Absolutely nothing to disagree with there - always top quality - and the Christmas special WAS special -{
    YNWA 97
    edited March 2017
    New Top Gear series two begins tonight on bbc 2. -{

In my opinion, a big improvement over the first series. Great to now have two fantastic
    Car shows
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent
    The Persuaders has started reshowing on True Entertainment, channel 61 in the UK, and home of The Avengers (but not the Cathy Gale ones).

John Barry's theme song is the fabbest thing ever, esp over the South of France credits.

In the episode I saw, the 'locker room' style banter between Tony Curtis and our Rog had dated a bit :# , but I will look forward to the rest. :)
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    http://www.celebsnow.co.uk/celebrity-news/what-a-con-gary-barlow-faces-outrage-as-its-revealed-let-it-shine-winners-wont-front-take-that-musical-645482?lazyload=0&utm_source=flipboard&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=flipboard_rss_feed&utm_content=nowmagazine
    From Dodgy Tax dealings to Dodgy TV show, It now appears the winners of " Let it Shine" the Gary Barlow
    TV show to find a Take That tribute Band for His new musical. The winners will now just be Backing dancers
    Etc, with No speaking parts as Gary has Already signed up a act to play the leads ! What a con